PDA

View Full Version : More Tile Questions

Stantzfield
07-21-2006, 09:46 PM
I have a few questions concerning tiles.

1. How do I use BS tiles or any other custom made tileset?

2. Is it possible to make tiles on a seperate program like Paint or Photoshop and somehow import them?

3. When making a tileset. Is it possible to do something like this: Let's say it's a Metroid game and I want the player to pick up the Long Beam. I want the tile he/she picks up to appear to be a little statue with a ball in its mouth, and it shows up in the A slot. But when the weapon is shot, the tile looks like an animated plasma ball. If it is possible, how do you do it?

Thanks for the help.

The_Amaster
07-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Yes to all three.
1.)If you want to use a different tileset, you should open it as a quest file and than save it as something else.
2.)Yes, providing the tiles are the right size. Go to Second Menu Over(I'm on a different computer and can't check)>Graphics>Tiles, select an empy one, and click grab. Than select file, load the file you want, and select the tile you want. Note: The graphics file should be in the ZC folder, and of a certain type. (Can't quite remember)(Just take a snapshot, and check what type it is)
3.)Yes, but your going ot have to make it either the Bow(If you want to spend Money), or the Wand(If your going to use magic/ammo), make the items graphic the statue with a ball, and make the item it shoots what you want the beam to look like.(If you search the tiles hard enough, you can find the already arrows/magic and edit it.)

HTH