PDA

View Full Version : Link doesn't walk right using BS graphics

Jeffrotull
07-21-2006, 05:32 PM
I am using zquest 2.10 and the bs template. My problem is that Link walks all screwed up. I've seen the link tiles under sprites and think I need to modify them somehow. Unfortunately it seems the options i have for the Link tile do not do the right movements. I've seen some forums where they speak of the bs animation option not working. The thing is I have seen the remake of zelda1 using bs graphics and Link walks fine in that one. I exported the graphics from there. Maybe I need to export something else from that game to make Link walk correctly. Thanks in advance.

Love For Fire
07-22-2006, 12:26 AM
I believe Link normally uses 2 frames, and 3 with the BS-Animation rule. In 2.10, the rule is broken, so what you must do, is get an older version (1.92 b183 works fine), start a new file, check the BS-Animation rule. Then open it in ZQuest 2.10 and import your graphics/maps/etc. Or you could move up to 2.11 beta 10b which has ways to fix this too.

Jeffrotull
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I couldnt get the 2.11 to work but the 1.92 method ended up working great, thanks.