PDA

View Full Version : Three suggestions

Limzo
07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
1) Pokemon/AoL movement. This would allow for a camera following link's head around rather than Link walking towards the edge of the screen and waiting for the next area. You see in Pokemon/AoL, the bottom 16x16 tile of the Link/Ash sprites is always on one 16x16 tile at a time, meaning that when you move along to the next tile, the area moves along by one tile and new bits of the area roll along and old ones roll away.
Like this:

# = Any old combo
B = Combos at edge of screen
A = Combos at edge of surrounding screens
L = Link
Green/Blue = Loaded Combos (Green are loaded combos outside screen boundry)
Red = Unloaded Combos

#############
#AAAAAAAAAAAA#
#ABBBBBBBBBBA#
#AB########BA#
#AB########BA#
#AB########BA#
#AB####L###BA#
#ABBBBBBBBBBA#
#AAAAAAAAAAAA#
#############

Then Link moves up one combo:

#############
#############
#AAAAAAAAAAAA#
#ABBBBBBBBBBA#
#AB########BA#
#AB####L###BA#
#AB########BA#
#AB########BA#
#A##########A#
#ABBBBBBBBBBA#
#############

I know following Link around has been asked before and it has always been turned down for "too complicated" as 9 screens have to be loaded at once, well this would cut that right down to 54 extra combos at minimum and 378 extra combos at maximum. That's not too much right? Of course, people would have to be careful with combo placement/making and it would mean no more half/quarter solid combos because Link would walk over them.

2) On the Z3 subscreen, the bit where in the real game it said, "Do" and you could chose a bunch of actions to do, it could be replaced by a map section in a "Z3 revised" screen or something. This would please a lot of people and shouldn't be too hard to make since it would just take a small bit from the BS subscreens.

3) Also, we should be able to change what the word, "Triforce" says.
Not all quests have you searching for the Triforces, and it shouldn't be too much of a hastle to make it possible to change 8 characters should it?

Thank you for your time, I hope you can read all of this and would be honoured if you implemented even just one of these (which I know won't happen, but still :shrug:),

Limzo.

firefly
07-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Heh, how about using the Fixedsys font?

I'm sure you're talking about this:
▼----- Check this line.
http://www.zelda.a22.biz/1.gif
▼----- Check this line now.
http://www.zelda.a22.biz/2.gif
Here, for example, Ash is always on the center and the camera always follows him.
Sorry for taking the snapshots in glitch city, I couldn't get out of there. :sweat:

Limzo
07-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Yes, that's exactly what I meant! Thanks for clarifying firefly!
And I'll use the fixdy's font.

Limzo
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Darknation, Jman, koopa, please, somebody read this.
I think people could use these badly.

Dark Nation
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
So, screens larger than 16x11? Like LttP screens? It's being vaguely looked at but it would require a major engine overhaul. Don't hold your breath.

Limzo
07-27-2006, 10:50 AM
It would only require 18x13 screens but we would only see 16x11 of it.
If you play Pokemon you will see exactly what I mean.

Jester Kat
07-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Hmmm...

1) To tell the truth, I kinda worm...warm up to having the camera not scrolling with Link, I mean, it just doesn't feel like Zelda if they put that kinda thing in there. Plus I can see why it would be complicating, It might mess up some factors concerning enemys, ecspecialy the ones that would come from the walls. Not to metion the camera might get glitchy at the edge of the d-maps, of course they wouldn't leave it like that, but...that's a lot of trouble to go through.

2) I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about...So here's a cow :moo: For your saftey and mine.

3) Hm, I'm actually don't recall if you are limited to having the triforce called something else, not that it's a bad idea. Although if it wasn't for the fact that my computer's having some temporary problems, I could find out for myself (it's just not itself, that's all I can say). Gumble, grumble. :banghead:

Limzo
07-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Hmmm...

1) To tell the truth, I kinda worm...warm up to having the camera not scrolling with Link, I mean, it just doesn't feel like Zelda if they put that kinda thing in there. Plus I can see why it would be complicating, It might mess up some factors concerning enemys, ecspecialy the ones that would come from the walls. Not to metion the camera might get glitchy at the edge of the d-maps, of course they wouldn't leave it like that, but...that's a lot of trouble to go through.

2) I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about...So here's a cow :moo: For your saftey and mine.

3) Hm, I'm actually don't recall if you are limited to having the triforce called something else, not that it's a bad idea. Although if it wasn't for the fact that my computer's having some temporary problems, I could find out for myself (it's just not itself, that's all I can say). Gumble, grumble. :banghead:
1) I can see what you mean

2) If you have not used the Z3 subscreen then you won't know what I'm talking about. I mean to the big red bit at the bottom of the Z3 subscreen and replace it with a map section in a Z3 revised subscreen.

3) You are limited. Even though it wouldn't make a great deal of difference it would fullfil what a lot of people secretly want.

redmage777
07-28-2006, 10:29 AM
3) You are limited. Even though it wouldn't make a great deal of difference it would fullfil what a lot of people secretly want.

I've seen more request to change "Life" to some thing else... But an all-around option to edit those (for now) hard coded strings would be great.