PDA

View Full Version : Indian Call Centres

Drunken Tiger
07-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Not only do they have telemarketers, but many big companies have outsourced their call centre workers offshores to India. I dont know about the States, but here, many of the big telecommunications companies have based call centres over in India.

Heres something similar to what I experience when calling up Hutchinson 3, my mobile carrier.

http://www.break.com/index/microsoft_support_center.html

I thought it was hilarious.

KJAZZ
07-21-2006, 04:35 AM
I have had to deal with those fools in India on more than one occasion. Really pises me off too, because they barely know english, and have to read through their manuals while talking to me, going through every step, when clearly my problem doesn't involve whatever they're asking me to do.

Limzo
07-21-2006, 10:14 AM
ugh, my mum spent 5 hours complaining to DELL's Indian call centre and they eventually put her onto the London line (why did it take so long??) which is the call centre who put her through to the Indian line. Good greif!

erm2003
07-21-2006, 10:19 AM
These companies outsource to save all this money but then end up spending a lot on studies to find out why people rate their customer service poorly. When are some of these businesses, which are making millions and billions anyway, going to stop taking the cheap road and use more common sense?

phattonez
07-21-2006, 11:48 AM
It reminds me of when I bought RAM online, but they were out of the one that I wanted, so they were going to upgrade it. It took the guy 15 minutes to explain that I would get more memory for the same price.

Glitch
07-21-2006, 12:26 PM
If they can't speak english they shouldn't be calling me.

moocow
07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I hang up on foreign fuckers all the time. If I don't speak your language, I won't be able to understand you, therefore, there's no point in attempting to hold a conversation with you.