PDA

View Full Version : An un-fixable bug...

Mega Link
07-20-2006, 09:04 AM
...well at least in my opinion. I don't know why but, Link is outside his house, he goes north to the castle, he can see the castle... then... POOF! He gets warped to a blank screen!
I've tried everything! Check the side warp, check the tile warp, stair warp, timed warp, everything!

Please Help!

:cry:

rocksfan13
07-20-2006, 09:51 AM
What version of ZC are you using?

Freedom
07-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Sounds to me like you have a tile warp combo on the screen he is stepping on.

There's one other thing it could be, in the 2.11b10b there is a bug with direct warps that when placed up at the top of the screen instantly warps link when he enters that screen.
Since you seem to be spending some time on the screen this may not be your problem.

Mega Link
07-20-2006, 12:34 PM
What version of ZC are you using?
The latest (currently ZC2.11 Beta 10b)

Sounds to me like you have a tile warp combo on the screen he is stepping on.
I checked that. The ground's combo type is none. (Which will be later turned into pound so I can replace the hammer with the Mole Mitts.)

There's one other thing it could be, in the 2.11b10b there is a bug with direct warps that when placed up at the top of the screen instantly warps link when he enters that screen.
Since you seem to be spending some time on the screen this may not be your problem.
Well is the direct warp the same as the auto warp? I think that might be the problem.

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 12:37 PM
The direct warp warps you in the same spot on another screen.
Auto warp...I dont know!

Freedom
07-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Why would you have auto warp set?
That warps you automatically in a set amount of time (tics) and since you must not have a destination set in side warp or time set, then it reverts to 0 tics and no screen, which would instantly take you to screen 80 when you enter that screen, which is your "black" screen.

Mega Link
07-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Why would you have auto warp set?
I didn't know what it was.:(
But now I do! :D
Thank you Freedom!:highfive: :thumbsup: :clap: :grad: :drool: :kawaii: :shy: :king:

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Thank you Freedom!:highfive: :thumbsup: :clap: :grad: :drool: :kawaii: :shy: :king:
Another point for Freedom!
Thats a lot of smilies in a row!:)