PDA

View Full Version : Hyrule's Fall

Rulehy
07-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Woohoo!:giggle:
The demo for Hyrule's Fall should be here today!:D
Expect a good (not perfect;) ) game! Some beta testers wanted for the real game.

In the demo, I am only letting players goto Level-1 and Level-2.(I have
levels 1-3 done)I dont want to let people play the whole game,ya know!;)

I will post the demo HERE, IN THIS THREAD when it is ready.:)

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Here it is! Hyrule's Fall Demo is here!:D :clap:
This is the demo (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2O3N63EU)

WindStrike
07-20-2006, 10:57 AM
I can't find where the download button on the site is... if it is supposed to pop-up, then I have yet to see it (I turned pop-up blocker off). I tried re-entering "HyrulesFall DEMO.zip" into the download box, but that didn't do anything.

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Ok,to get the demo click the link,type the letters by where it says download.(it says please enter _____,____is what letters
it says to put in.
It will tell you to wait (it has a # at the top telling how much time)for
a bit.Then it will let you download.:)

Seems kinda complicated,but it really isn't!;)

Cepat
07-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Ok,to get the demo click the link,type the letters by where it says download.(it says please enter _____,____is what letters
it says to put in.
It will tell you to wait (it has a # at the top telling how much time)for
a bit.Then it will let you download.:)

Seems kinda complicated,but it really isn't!;)

Why don't you just provide a link with a zip file? The ZC community here is used to downloading zip files :confused:

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 11:56 AM
How do I do that?The site is megaupload.
Actually,It is a Zip file,so what do you mean?

Oh!Please report any bugs or what could be a bug!
Thanks!

Cepat
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
How do I do that?The site is megaupload.
Actually,It is a Zip file,so what do you mean?

Oh!Please report any bugs or what could be a bug!
Thanks!

How can we download a quest when we can't even see the download link? :confused:

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Can you see where it says "this is the demo"?(it says it in blue letters)
It takes you to a site.You download there.
It says Megauploadin big letters.To the right of it
it says "please enter the letters".To the right of that it says download.
(be sure to enter the letters then download)

Cepat
07-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Can you see where it says "this is the demo"?(it says it in blue letters)
It takes you to a site.You download there.
It says Megauplodin big letters.To the right of it
it says "please enter the letters".To the right of that it says download.
(be sure to enter the letters then download)

There is no download link at Megaupload. All there is a "Download with Premium" link, which probably requires us to register? :confused:

A direct link to the zip file without having to go through any website will be a better solution :tongue:

ryoko11
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Megaupload is something I've used frequently, so I'm used to them. To the right of their name at the top of the page is a box with three letters in it, and you type them into the box right next to them just like when you registered on this board so they know you're a person instead of a bot. You hit submit and in that exact spot you get a timer which counts down from around 40 seconds before changing into the words "click here to download". You click and get the zip file.

I think you're probably just looking in the wrong place on the page, since other upload sites put the link towards the bottom instead.

Anyhow, I've got the demo and am gonna check it out now.

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks ryoko11!:)
The site is a little bit of a pain!
(my dad had a problem finding it;) )

Let me know what you guys think of the game!
Any improvements or bugs?Just post here or private message me!

WindStrike
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
(Woulda had a LARGE post earilier, but no... it said I wasn't logged in and the post got deleted. Sucks for me and for not backing it up...)

For a first quest, this seems to be fairly ok. However, I am sorry to say that there are more negatives than positives... which is why I am about to make a few suggestions for fixing...

Positives:
+ Nice bit of humor in the beginning
+ The graphics are good in the beginning, and especially the starting screen (I mean the one with the house).
+ You did a pretty good job on the intro... and currently, I can't think of ways to improve it much, because I doubt it really can. Good work there.

Gah... positives are over... (And I typically don't like 'seeming' to sound harsh when making constructive critism for this next part)
Negatives:
- Alright... when I said graphics are good in the beginning... I really meant pretty much that one and the one below it. The rest of the overworld is pretty much the same, making it bland. Try adding some trees (not randomly) in some places along with just a bit more enemies. And make some areas just uhh... a bit more different. Heck, some water/shallow water patches here and there might work out. Oh... and I noticed that you have yet to use layers 1-6...
- Dungeons... well, it seemed the only positive thing was that they "complete" and that you could go through them and beat them. But it really wasn't very fun... guess I'll elaborate with a section devoted to it:
-- They're both way too short... and it really was pretty much going through about 5 screens. That's like going through a mini-dungeon. Having at about 10-15 screens is probably good for the first level.
-- Detail... detail detail detail. Currently, every screen is square and has little detail on it. Adding floor borders, torches, a few blocks, and some environmental things according to what the level is supposed to be would be nice. Level 1 - It's a fire cove and when I went through it, I didn't really see fire and it wasn't really a cove. Adding lava in some places would most definitely help. Level 2 - It's a labrynth, right? So... mayhaps it should be more of a labrynth as a whole. One block puzzle really isn't enough to make it a labrynth. One more thing - Every single room you have is the same rectangular shape. Try being a bit creative and not make them purely rectangular.

(I'll add on to this later)

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Dont worry! I just need to know what to fix!:)
Once in a while it says that I am logged off.I am not sure why it does that...

Ok! I didn't want it to start too hard!
As for making it different...The OW is kinda in parts. Upper area is hills and Mts.The lower left area is grass and water.
The area in East is a lot of water.Basicly the areas are different but for example...The grassy area is the same untill
you get to a different part.

Thanks!Expect a better and more "mixed up"OW in the real thing.
Level-4 is when things get big!
Any more tips?

WindStrike
07-20-2006, 02:42 PM
It's probably because you go back to the zelda main page and then access Armaggedon Forums, making you logged off. Yeah... I really hate that at many times... but at least it's worth it for the help that I give and get.

Rulehy
07-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks! It can get really anoying.;)

In the real thing there will be:
-better Link sprites
-fixed up OW
-more variety
-New SFX
-Of course,all the basics.
-bigger dungeons
-Different dungeon shapes

Does anyone want a new demo when I get one done?
Post or PM me.

BACK UP YOUR SFX FILE IN THE NEXT VERSION!

Rulehy
07-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I forgot to metion that I made this in 2.10!
So I don't know if it will run on anything below 2.10.
Just to let people know!:cool:

music5674
08-12-2006, 12:00 PM
So far I believe its a good quest...I am just a player and not a quest builder...i know alot like harder games...i play them just for the fun, and dont like to get stressed out playing a game they are to be enjoyable. am looking forward to the full game. was surprised level 1 was so short, but nothing wrong with that as long i guess as each level gets more challenging...if i built one i think thats the way i would approach it...which i believe the orginal zelda game was, which i wish i still had...i know the demo has only the first 2 levels i found the second one and looks like it needs a key...any clue as to where its hid?? if its the same key thats in level 1 it didnt open the door for me :) :googly: :)

music5674
08-12-2006, 12:26 PM
never mind..i found the key...i knew there was something fishy about that area :)

Rulehy
08-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Who wants the next version of Hyrule's Fall?
If you do I will post it.

The newest version:
-Has a new sfx file
-Has more dungeons
-better Link sprites
-fixed up OW
-more variety
-Different dungeon shapes
-much more

music5674
08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
i havent gotten thru level 2 but i like the game so far...post the link for the new one..:)

Rulehy
08-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Ok! I will get it here in a sec.

Rulehy
08-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Here is the new one! :)
HERE. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWPRDESX)
Levels 1-4 are available. Meh. I didn't put the SFX file in this one, but it will be in the next.
What would you give it from 1-10?

ShadowTiger
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
May I please remind you, Rulehy, to stop double-posting? Use the http://www.armageddongames.net/images/styles/classicblack/buttons/edit.gif button to edit in new content to your post, rather than posting again with the information. If your most recent post is more than 24 hours old, then, theoretically, it's acceptable, but still inadvisable. Thank you.

*Downloads demo*

Let's see if it lives up to the hype...

Rulehy
08-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Don't expect it to be super great, it's just good. I was too lazy to put the
SFX file I made in it. ;) I would have if I had something faster then dial-up.
Oh, and sorry for double posting. I...Must...Think...Before I hit submit! LOL

ShadowTiger
08-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, I played it through. Finished Level four and went wandering. I've made the following observations:

There are quite a few undercombo bugs you've never found. Test out your quest and slash all bushes.
Every screen could use more detail, but surprisingly, not that much.
You need to take advantage more of layering. I walked on top of the upper half of a few trees. :p
I feel like there was too much walking around. I sort of feel like you could've crammed your entire overworld into literally 1/4th the space.
Some enemies could've been harder, and some could've been easier. Make better use of your traps (In dungeons and such.) so they don't give the player a heart attack. :p
... Yeah, ... when I said earlier that you should test your quest, I meant it. :p I had to cheat to get through some areas. There were a few gamestopping bugs, like being unable to push a block away from the doorway, FROM the doorway. x X.'
Your strings need spaces where appropriate. It's not going to be taken to well. The spacebar is your friend, man, even after periods and commas. ;)
I entered the Temple of Time, .. or whatever it was. AWESOME, man. I loved the special midi effect you employed there.

Rulehy
08-16-2006, 07:08 PM
... Yeah, ... when I said earlier that you should test your quest, I meant it. I had to cheat to get through some areas. There were a few gamestopping bugs, like being unable to push a block away from the doorway, FROM the doorway. x X.'
!!! Something must have messed up! I tested my quest, and it seemed to work
fine for me. The block in the doorway should have stayed to the side. At, least, it did that for me. I'll have to check that out. Lets see...Where could
you walk on the trees? What places are the under combos messed up? I fixed
some of em'. Must have missed a couple. One bug that will not seem to fix is
in level-1, with the 4 traps in a row. The flags are "trap virtical line of sight".
Thoes will not seem to move. I wonder why...

I feel like there was too much walking around. I sort of feel like you could've crammed your entire overworld into literally 1/4th the space.
This is the stile I seem to like. Lots of exploring with secrets! I am sure that
not all people like this kind.

Every screen could use more detail, but surprisingly, not that much.
What "kinds" of detail should I add?
Oh, did you play this on 2.10? Thats what I made it on.

If this does any thing, I copied my game into 2.11b and did some stuff, then saved it as a 2.11 thing. (that doesn't do any thing) Then I saved it with the
2.10 save option. Does saving it as a 2.10 format affect anything? Thanks.

Note: These questions are not being smart, if anyone thinks that. They are
to help me figure stuff out.

erm2003
08-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Ok Rulehy, I just finished playing through levels 1-4 of your demo and I think you are doing pretty well for your first quest. It is also much better than the first demo you released. Keep up the improvements, especially in your levels. The levels may still be a bit shorter than most may like but you do have some difficult enemy placements to that may make it a bit tougher for everyone to blow right through.

Let me just list a few notes for you to make adjustments to:

Grammatical errors:

*Here's a big one I noticed right away. It's Ganon, NOT GANNON! Be careful because some people here will nail you on that bad! The old man in the very first house says this to you.

*Next a change for the man who gives you the sword. It's "Triforce pieces" not "Triforce peaces."

*The man who gives you the first spell (forest) should say won't (you forgot the apostrophe) and make it a lowercase w for "way."

Undercombo bugs:

If you need pictures of these areas, let me know. I took some snapshots but to save the upload time I will just describe them here.

*In the forest area there is a heart piece that you get to by moving armos statues above it. The undercombo needs to be set for the armos statues.

*South of the lake (below level 4) there is an area with tombstones. If you slash the bushes there, they are missing the undercombo.

*There is also a room in level 2 where the undercombo is missing for the pots in the room. It was either the room with the key or the item, I can’t remember which, but it’s to the far right on the map.

Other bugs:

*I am having the same issue as ShadowTiger with the block in level 3. It resets in front of the door and I can’t leave after obtaining the boss key. I had to quit and continue to finish the level.

*Holdrum Village has a dmap intro that freezes the screen. You have to quit and continue to get out of the bug. Set the level number higher than 9 for that dmap and that problem should be fixed.

*The cave where you get Din’s Fire seems to have a weird warp out. The screen flashed and then I appeared outside. You may want to check your side warp settings there.

Well, that’s all I have to offer for now. Check out these issues and follow what others have told you, especially ST because I lot of what he pointed out too. I’m looking forward to seeing more progress. Have fun!

Rulehy
08-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Ok. I just need a screen of where you got the HCP under the armos. I don't
remember placing one. Thanks for the help erm2003 and Shadow Tiger! :)
I must have had a glitch with that block. I'll fix the rest of those bugs.

ShadowTiger
08-16-2006, 09:36 PM
What you can do for that block in L3 is place it further out in the room, and place a Flag #54 on it. It'll only move once, and won't trigger any secrets. So long as you can access two sides of it to push it both east and north, you should be fine. Place all obstacles as necessary.

BTW, add more decorations to every single room of every dungeon. The Ice Dungeon was pretty good on that though. :)

erm2003
08-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Ok. I just need a screen of where you got the HCP under the armos. I don't
remember placing one. Thanks for the help erm2003 and Shadow Tiger! :)
I must have had a glitch with that block. I'll fix the rest of those bugs.

Not under, but below. Look here:

http://www.ermock.com/armoshp.jpg

You can see the missing undercombo where the armos was.

Rulehy
08-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Ahh! The bug fix is here now.

I fixed:
-Block in level 3
-Undercombo stuff
-I added the SFX file
-Town freeze bug is a level #21
-Other odds and ends bugs

This time back up your SFX file!Finaly...

Get it RIGHT HERE! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SW8CAVV3)

Boommaster
08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
I don't know anything about anything except playing quests, so, I can't get to the item{Hammer} in level 2. I get to the room and can't get anything to move and can't bomb nor use the flame on anything to get to the other side. What should I do please. Thanks

erm2003
08-17-2006, 04:46 PM
That help me up for a minute too. Try looking for an oddity in one of the statues... and use your sword.

Boommaster
08-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks. I had bombed that one but didn't wse sword on it. My error.

Rulehy
08-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Wow! Was I really THAT stupid!? In the bugfix I had it start in Level-3!

Here is the Super Fix! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SW8CAVV3)

Zelda_Warrior
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
ok you told me to beta test so i took the last link like you said, anf you said the real bugfix, but it seems im still starting in level 3. im using 2.10

im trying the post where you said

Ahh! The bug fix is here now.

I fixed:
-Block in level 3
-Undercombo stuff
-I added the SFX file
-Town freeze bug is a level #21
-Other odds and ends bugs

This time back up your SFX file!Finaly...

Get it HERE!

right now to see if that one starts in level 3, you have too many different betas of it...

Rulehy
08-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Strange...I fixed all the links on this page and fixed my sig. I will test it.

Ok! I should work now. If the damn thing doesn't, there is a problem with the comp.

Zelda_Warrior
08-20-2006, 02:38 PM
also to make this easier for more ppl i think it would be wise for you to go to www.filespace.org and make a user account, then host it on there then link to it, then just tell people to right click on the link and do a save as. it's easier, and 5mb storage space is plenty for a single quest, but thats up to you

hey it works for me now i redownloaded it off your signature

bluedeath
09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
im downloading this demo right now ill try to look for all the bugs as your beta tester

Rulehy
09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! It has really come a long way now! Once these bugs are fixed then Demo test-1 will be out. (not for everyone o_-)

Zelda_Warrior
09-16-2006, 02:34 PM
since the beta ive tested has there been a new one released?

Rulehy
09-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Not yet. When I finish my next part and test a bit, I will let you know.

PS: I just got done with a 3 day break. Back to work on it today.