PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boss Ideas: A Beamos Boss

idontknow
07-18-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking of making a custom boss that is like a Beamos (like from Ocarina of Time) I'm thinking of calling it Beamosa and using the Beamos-like tiles in the Pure tileset, except recoloring it gold. It would be in the top-center of the room and shoot a beam from its eye periodically (the beam being a freeform combo w/ the damage 1 type) I need ideas:

1) How should it look? Are there better tiles i could use? What should its size be? (2 tiles high? 3 tiles high? 1 tile wide? 2 tiles wide?)

2) What should its attacks be?

3) Should it move or be stationary? Right now, i'm thinking it should be stationary, except its eye will rotate when it emits a rotating beam from it, so it will look from left to right, or from right to left. Perhaps at some point, the eye can move freely around the room altogether. Or maybe the whole thing should move?

4) How should it be killed? I'm thinking perhaps you have to superbomb it several times. Or maybe during a certain point when its gearing up for a superattack, its eye is vulnerable to arrows. Should i use flags for this? Or perhaps an invisible enemy?

5) what kind of music should i use?

6) What should the environment be in which i face this boss? I'm not making this for a particular dungeon or anything...so maybe you could tell me dungeon this boss should be for.

7) Should i keep the name "Beamosa" or change it? Perhaps "Beamos King" or something of your own creation. What do you think?

Please give me some ideas.

dimepiece
07-20-2006, 08:47 PM
I've got a few ideas.

Make the lesser beamos strike combos, and bounce around the screen shooting fireballs, when you hit it "the reaper comes" ;) .
He then summons more.

When half dead starts moving faster and shoots lasers at link.
Also, moving beamos should be floating armored eyes.

Beamosa, that name sucks.
Download EBON
http://www.kolumbus.fi/sami.pyorre/downloads/ebon34.zip

beefster09
08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey! I was going to do a boss like this too.

It will be called the Beamos Knight, and it will have 2 eyes instead of one.
3 tall x 2 wide seems good.

Heres my battle idea:
When you step in the area, it warps you to a new screen with fireballs and two doors open. You enter each and fight the enemies. after you did both, then four posts appear. You must slash them all. when you did that then the weak spot on Beamos Knight appears. You then bomb it then slash it four times.You reapeat the last thing several more times, then he has a highly dramatic death of one eye blowing off, then the other, and finally the body shoots off and breaks a hole through the ceiling, leaving behind a heart container and a beam of light.

*The ending is optional:laughing: