PDA

View Full Version : Push block Questions.

dimepiece
07-18-2006, 01:00 PM
For 210 I have a few dilemas.

1. Is it possible to push objects bigger the 1 tile such as the big blocks.
If so how do you do it.

2. Can you make a push block puzzle using the big blocks.

Rulehy
07-18-2006, 01:10 PM
1. I dont think so

2. Probably not

Unless you want to spend a very,very,very long time on it!;)
It may be possible,but I dont think so.Sorry!:(

dimepiece
07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
1. I dont think so

2. Probably not

Unless you want to spend a very,very,very long time on it!;)
It may be possible,but I dont think so.Sorry!:(

Bullshit.

I just remember while playing Level 5 in Hero of dreams, you push a big block and book self. Shoelace how the fuck do you do it. :rolleyes:

Rulehy
07-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Wait...What version do you use?
Try secret combos and flags.

dimepiece
07-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Wait...What version do you use?
Try secret combos and flags.

I've tried just about everything won't work like it does in theirs.

Rulehy
07-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I am not sure! Ask the gods of ZC!:)

Freedom
07-18-2006, 01:27 PM
You use a push block hidden under the 2x2 statue and then use secret combos to slide it over, it can get tricky because the section of the 2x2 that covers where the single block is pushed to has to be on layer 3 to hide the single block, or maybe be an overhead combo..., I put it on a layer myself.
anyway, it can be done, and can be made to look pretty good, but you'll have to just play with it to get it right.

Rulehy
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Awesome!:surprise:
Thanks Freedom!

dimepiece
07-18-2006, 01:36 PM
You use a push block hidden under the 2x2 statue and then use secret combos to slide it over, it can get tricky because the section of the 2x2 that covers where the single block is pushed to has to be on layer 3 to hide the single block, or maybe be an overhead combo..., I put it on a layer myself.
anyway, it can be done, and can be made to look pretty good, but you'll have to just play with it to get it right.

YES! IT WORKS!!! Thanks to you Freedom.
I just tried out what you said quicker then fire and ice.
And it worked man. Flag on layer 0, block on layer 2.
Thanks man.

How about the walkable pushblocks.

Freedom
07-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Didn't you push the 2x2 statues in level 3 of Tortuga?
there are at least 2 I can remember in level 3, and the switches that raise and lower the water in Zora domain are set up the same way.

How about the walkable pushblocks.
A push block has to be solid (unwalkable) in order for link to push it, otherwise he just walks over it.

Pineconn
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
For best results using this method, use combo cycling to make it appear that the large object is actually moving. Very tedious, but it makes more sense than walking up to something and it moves one combo without animation. Or, use 2.11's freeform combos.