PDA

View Full Version : At Long Last: Team Fortress 2

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Gamespy.com posted this article (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/half-life-2/718931p1.html) a few days ago, wherein Gabe Newell gives details about Half-Life 2: Episode 2, among other things. And by other things, I mean Team Fortress 2. Which was supposed to be released about six years ago, originally. So, is anyone still looking forward to this? Does anyone even remember or care anymore? And if you do, what do you think of Valve's decision to take a cartoonish approach to the graphics and likely, the gameplay?

Darth Marsden
07-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Interesting, but ultimately none of my business. I'm not a multiplayer gamer, so this means nothing to me. I'm more interested in the other game coming with the bundle, Portal. That sounds so much fun. From what I've heard, anyway.

goKi
07-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Not interested in the game. But the graphics are great. I might check out the game just to have a look at them. I like games that deliberately use the graphical style to steer away from realism (Wind Waker, for example) As opposed to games that try realism, with crappy textures/models.

Grasshopper
07-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I still remember TF2, can't say I'm intersted, until I saw the graphics. The first wasn't either. It was just Half-Life looking. Then they went and made it all war like so all the characters wore camo and reminded me more of Battlefield. I think I might like it more with the graphic style now, then when it was the other. As long as it plays the same, then I'm sure it will be fun. I see its not stand-alone like it had been planned for years ago. I still haven't picked up Ep 1, and I don't plan to any time soon, so I' probably won't be looking forward to it for a while.

MacWeirdo42
07-18-2006, 09:52 PM
The graphics look freakin' sweet. See, this is what I'm saying. We're getting to a point where games can be close, but not perfect. I'm in favor of different artistic styles, not trying to be as realistic while still looking good. And frankly, I was a complete die-hard TFC fan back in the day... I'm VERY happy to see it coming back. Haha, Team Fortress is back! Woo!

Oh, and I saw the trailer for that portal-gun thingy... That looks freakin' cool. Seriously, looks almost as fun as the gravity gun. I'd be interested to see if that ever makes it into the Half-Life franchise... Like Episode 3 or something like that. Either way, I'll be looking forward to playing around with that when it's released as a tech demo thingy.

Flash Man
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
I used to play Team Fortress Classic all of the time on my very first computer that I had myself I played it, and the computer was horrible. It was a Cyrix 133MHz, 32MB memory, 6GB Maxtor, and an S3 Trio video card with 2MB of video memory. I could play the game in software rendering at 320x200 resolution. The resolution was so small that I couldn't even see the whole list of players currently playing in the map. At the time I was rocking 28.8kbps on free NetZero v1 without the banner. Those were quite the entertaining times.