PDA

View Full Version : Can't Beat Gleeok

alfinchkid
07-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I have a hard time implementing Gleeok in my games because I can't seem to beat him. Base sheild, green tunic. Could someone help me figure how to beat him like that? I can't even beat 2-header!

Darth Pikachu
07-17-2006, 10:50 PM
One strategy that I have implemented is this, but note you will need to study the movements of the gleeok to be able to master it:

Start by letting all the heads come to center. Then when one shoots a fireball, go in an opposite direction, turn toward and slash. Repeat until head comes off. Also, don't get too close or the head will hit you. Wil a LOT of practice, you will master it. There are of course other ways...

Also, I recommend having at least 5 hearts and the white sword, though having the wood sword also makes for a tough challenge.

Hope it all helps.

alfinchkid
07-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I want him as boss of second dungeon (two heads). Is this too early?

ShadowTiger
07-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Personally, I use the "U" method. It's fairly effective early on. Basically, you stand on either side of the Gleeok. (I'll use the left side for example's sake.) You wait for a fireball, dodge it, then run in and stab. IMMEDIATELY go down, right, and back up again, hopefully dodging a fireball in the process. Then stab left, run down, left and back up again, ... dodging yet another fireball.

The trick is to let the Gleeok waste its opportunity to fire a fireball right at you when you're in an opportunity to slash it. When you're just running, it wastes that fireball, as it doesn't shoot where you will be, but where you are.

erm2003
07-17-2006, 11:13 PM
I want him as boss of second dungeon (two heads). Is this too early?

I don't think that's too bad. Think of the second quest from the original game. You may also want to think of what you are putting into the rooms leading to the boss as well. If there are a lot of hard battles, then you may want to make some sort of adjustment to make the fight manageable.