Masamune
07-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Coolest insect ever.

Drunken Tiger
07-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Dude, thats disgusting..

Archibaldo
07-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Jesus titty fucking christ. Imagine if someone stuck that in your bed while you were sleeping. I'd freak out and shoot the fucker that did that.

MottZilla
07-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Jesus titty fucking christ. Imagine if someone stuck that in your bed while you were sleeping. I'd freak out and shoot the fucker that did that.

Might as well shoot the centipede too. Or smash it with something like a sledge hammer. They are nasty creatures.

biggiy05
07-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Might as well shoot the centipede too. Or smash it with something like a sledge hammer. They are nasty creatures.

People keep those things as pets too. I will be on the reptile forums and someone will mention that they have a centipede as a pet. I'm just like wtf do you have that thing as a pet for?

I'd rather have a frog than that as a pet. Maybe because I have a green tree frog.

Daarkseid
07-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Holy Shit, that was awesome.

These things are apparently known to catch and eat bats in their native habitat.

Dechipher
07-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Holy fuck that shit is frightening.

Gerudo
07-15-2006, 03:14 AM
These things are apparently known to catch and eat bats in their native habitat.
Only the 'Amazonian giant centipede'... something like 10 inches long. no worries though, as the name implies, only those living in South America have to worry about it.

more info about the giant centipede here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scolopendra_gigantea)

*b*
07-15-2006, 03:14 AM
GOOD FUCKING GOD. that is by FAR the creepiest looking bug I've ever seen in my life. dosen't help that it's so big... ugh...

Darth Marsden
07-15-2006, 05:09 AM
Eep. Someone (preferably female) hold me.

mikeron
07-15-2006, 05:35 AM
Only the 'Amazonian giant centipede'... something like 10 inches long. no worries though, as the name implies, only those living in South America have to worry about it.

more info about the giant centipede here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scolopendra_gigantea)Yeah, and luckily the really big ones were wiped out when the Genesis planet was destroyed near the end of Star Trek III.

Master Ghaleon
07-15-2006, 06:50 AM
I had no clue that Centipedes got that huge lol that was pretty cool.

moocow
07-15-2006, 10:01 AM
We had a centipede in the sink I use to clean the coffee pot here at work the other day.

I freaked out. It was like, 4 inches long, and omg, it was so scary. I damn near cried. One of the detailers killed it for me :)

I also want to say that I had a dream last night that one of those fuckers was in bed with me last night. So thanks.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-15-2006, 10:36 AM

I'm going to Ecuador in October. :scared:

Also, stupid Netzero stopped downloading the movie after 53 seconds, and won't let me restart the whole file. So I can't see 3/4 of the movie. Bummer.

Cloral
07-15-2006, 01:39 PM
The rest is pretty much the same. It just shows the centipede munching away at the mouse.

MottZilla
07-15-2006, 03:18 PM
We had a centipede in the sink I use to clean the coffee pot here at work the other day.

I freaked out. It was like, 4 inches long, and omg, it was so scary. I damn near cried. One of the detailers killed it for me :)

I also want to say that I had a dream last night that one of those fuckers was in bed with me last night. So thanks.

Why couldn't you kill it yourself? You're alot bigger than it and alot smarter. Plus it probably doesn't expect you're about to attack it. You just have to think of how to do it which is probably the hardest part. So how did the detailer kill it?

biggiy05
07-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Why couldn't you kill it yourself? You're alot bigger than it and alot smarter. Plus it probably doesn't expect you're about to attack it. You just have to think of how to do it which is probably the hardest part. So how did the detailer kill it?

If I had a blow torch I would set the thing on fire.

MottZilla
07-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Oh that's a good one. Infact I think a blow torch/welding torch is the best weapon ever.

ShadowTiger
07-16-2006, 12:49 PM
It burns the world clean. ^.^

I've seen a few centipedes in my backyard from time to time. All they do is run really fast toward the nearest patch of shade and then just curl up in a little rope-like circle.

Obviously, that one is pretty much extravagantly large. I'll bet it's kind of that area where it lives.

SSJ3500
07-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Damn, that is a big centipede. I wonder what other animals that thing could take down, poor mouse.

Cloral
07-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Probably some sort of eagle could have a feast on that thing. It'd be like a snake for it.

punkonjunk1024
07-16-2006, 04:15 PM
A gross not cute or awesome in any way snake. I hate bugs.

I kill centipedes and spiders in my house with a can of hairspray and a lighter. It's quick and painless. for me.

I've seen a few centipedes in my backyard from time to time. All they do is run really fast toward the nearest patch of shade and then just curl up in a little rope-like circle.
Are those the little silver ones with like a million legs under them? Because that's a millipede if it is, I've seen those guys curl into little circles alot, but never a centipede... they might have different ones in you're area, though.

Millipedes rule. They're neat and they don't bite. Pill bugs, too. I wish pill bugs were gigantic. like, marble sized, or baseball sized.