PDA

View Full Version : A Revolution is Coming

jman2050
07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Wait for it...

*b*
07-14-2006, 02:06 PM
you are such an ass, you know that? finally, a new topic, made by one of the developers, and there's no info...

I'm waiting... impatientley

ShadowTiger
07-14-2006, 02:11 PM
I hate to be a spoil-sport, but...

1) I can just as easily say something like "A revolution is coming!" ... ... Then Russia takes over the world and everyone has to wear their underwear on the outside so the Russian government can check to see that everyone is indeed wearing clean underwear. Huzzah. :rolleyes:

2) You're going to make a loooot of people curious, and they'll whine impatiently whereas they would've had a major surprise coming out of the blue and glorify you for it. Delete this topic while you still have time. Run! RUN LITTLE JOHNNY! SAVE LASSIE!...

I'm always one step closer to being institutionalized. I can feel it. Eh, free cable.

EDIT:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/images/uploaded/Nintendo_Revolution3.jpg
Wii want this Revolution, please.

lol, I'm sorry, I can't help it. XD Surprises make me all giddy. It's even worse when I KNOW there's going to be a surprise. O.o'

Freedom
07-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Ya say ya want a revolution, we'll have ya know....
We all want to change the world.
Ya ask me for a contribution, we'll have ya know,
we all doin' what we can.
But if you want money for people with minds that hate,
All I can tell you is brother you'll have to wait.
Don't ya know it's gonna be,
alright.

We already had a revolution.... ;)

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
07-14-2006, 06:47 PM
This tension in the air... it makes me feel like I'm about to faint. The anticipation is overwhelming. I feel like I'm going to go nuts!!

So hurry up, k?

Dlbrooks33
07-14-2006, 07:06 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

about time sone one said something

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kingboo30
07-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Is the Revolution C-Dawg becoming a Developer? heh.

Nick
07-15-2006, 12:28 PM
You would have been better off just throwing it out of the blue rather than making people wait. It's mainly because everyone has been waiting for some sort of update, whether it be just a list of some bugs fixed or some new features.

I can wait, though the first thing I thought after reading your post is "I want to kill you!" :P

jman2050
07-15-2006, 02:43 PM
But I like making people wait. It's what I do best :(

Kingboo30
07-15-2006, 02:47 PM
By the time he speaks up, North Korea would have fired another missile.

EDIT:Wait...Jman, I noticed that your sig is a bit....inaccurate.

*b*
07-15-2006, 03:10 PM
But I like making people wait. It's what I do best :(
but it's so mean! but, if it's something really great, like say, MORE MAPS or Z3 STYLE SCROLLING WITH NO SCREENS, then I suppose we can wait

Shoelace
07-15-2006, 03:25 PM
It is more like we have to wait. lol. Anyways, I am wondering if I should stop working on EotM so that I don't have to do a huge remake because it sounds like something I would use in my game, if it is Revolutionary.

jman2050
07-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh yeah, and before anyone asks, it's NOT the Roc's Feather :P

Freedom
07-15-2006, 04:18 PM
I think somebody must have beat you as a child, you have a really evil cruel bone in there somewhere.
;)
I can wait....
A few more minutes anyway, so will you have it up by the time I get back from grabbing a cold root beer from the fridge?

bigjoe
07-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Lol I went to bed meditating on this last night and had a dream where the new beta came out and it had like the one thing I've always wanted.

Too bad it was just a dream. :(

Dlbrooks33
07-15-2006, 06:36 PM
why not the Roc's feather????!!!!!????!!!!????

every Zelda fan worships at its feet (also the Roc's Cape)

I can wait, but can you at least tell us ONE major thing?

Mega Link
07-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Lol I went to bed meditating on this last night and had a dream where the new beta came out and it had like the one thing I've always wanted.

Too bad it was just a dream. :(

And what would that be?:eyebrow:
Edit: However he can make us wait. Beacause if he just tells us it would ruin the mystery.

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
07-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Um, also, when are you guys going to stop screwing over Macs? I've been waiting ages for ZC 2.11 10b to come out for Mac, but there has been seemingly no progress. Also also, I've noticed that 2.11 9 has problems on my older version of OSX (10.2.8), but works fine on my mothers computer, which has the latest version. Could you guys PLEASE make sure that ZC is 100% compatible with all versions of OSX before releasing it. I'd also like to note that I'm mostly having the problems in ZQ, most notable the fact that ZQ crashes whenever I try to paste something, or switch to windowed mode. Could you make ZQ start windowed by default?

WindStrike
07-16-2006, 11:47 AM
...are we supposed to start guessing or something? Alright... let me think...

Mayhaps you actually found good spc support? Or have all layers on one screen without the need for any other screens? Or did God send you note saying: Create a thread called "A Revolution is Coming" and make others wait until they go absolutely insane and start spamming and killing other people?

I like this thread.

idontknow
07-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Or maybe the "Revolution" is the new nintendo system that's coming out soon, which is actually called the Wii but was code named the Revolution beforehand & will supposedly 'Revolutionize" the way we play video games. So in other words, maybe it has nothing to do with ZC at all.

xXVolvagiaXx
07-16-2006, 03:01 PM
....or maybe it's just a thread to drive everybody absolutely nuts, therefore, causing a huge "revolution" from everybody killing, spamming, throwing random objects....[throws pencil at next person to reply...] heh heh heh...:D

ShadowTiger
07-16-2006, 03:04 PM
I have a few ideas.

Either it'll:
Make Flags obsolete.
Make Warps obsolete.
Make Combos obsolete.
Make Tiles obsolete.
Make Players obsolete.
Make Developers obsolete.

Yeah, I have no idea what it could be. :blah: That first bullet looks fairly attractive though. ^^;

xXVolvagiaXx
07-16-2006, 03:15 PM
....did they make ZC 3D? That, would be, the Sh*t....even though it'd be pretty advanced...[dreams on...]:rolleyes:

jman2050
07-16-2006, 04:18 PM
I''m loving this.

Dlbrooks33
07-16-2006, 04:56 PM
can we make a deal? if you tell us at least 10 new things, we promise not to ask when the next one is coming out.

Aranda
07-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Jman! Your a mother fucker, but we love you anyways.

Its a editor, lttp ganon, or even better lttp fireballs and lasers.

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
07-16-2006, 05:30 PM
If it's not the Roc's Feather (which just plain roc's) then I would say that you guys are probably implementing picking up objects/throwing them. Otherwise, it's probably the spin attack. Also, I am almost certain that you guys are going to make it easier to have a Z3 subscreen. I hope you've been fixing features!

Shoelace
07-16-2006, 05:33 PM
I think it has to do with ripping maybe. Maybe they made it so you can rip things and it would put them in its correct color.

Or maybe it is just a lot of enemies.

Freedom
07-16-2006, 05:34 PM
feed me....
feed me...

*b*
07-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I''m loving this.
you, sir, are a sick, twisted little man. I'll give you a dollar if you tell me what it is

bigjoe
07-16-2006, 05:53 PM
*busts through the window*

Rooooooaaarrrr! Devs!

*starts chasing after jman!*

Kingboo30
07-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I''m loving this.
....Your a twisty and evil little hedgehog. Know that?

ShadowTiger
07-16-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm loving this.... ... * Can feel his soul being slowly devoured through the nostrils *

Oh, while you're here,

* Asks to confirm whether or not he tastes like ketchup *

lol sorry. Still, ... I can't quite help but wonder just how much we'd love you vs hate you if you hadn't said anything at all, but just broke it on us during its point of release.

I say a 2D System like AoL.

Nick
07-16-2006, 07:10 PM
I''m loving this.
You know some certain people could suddenly annoy you to add Roc's Feather if you keep enjoying this. :blah:

Not saying I would be one of those people or anything... :rolleyes:

VEL
07-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Hmmm maybe it's an enemy editor? Maybe something to do with online play?

waits....
waits....
waits....

The waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

jman2050
07-16-2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/hhh.jpg

I get pink.

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
07-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Aw damn! I WANTED PINK!!! I get green, then. Hmph.

WindStrike
07-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I think I know what the revolution is... but I'm not telling you guys!
*whispers in jman's ear*
Awesome!
This thread rocks...

bigjoe
07-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Can you at least like, show a picture that doesnt exactly reveal whats new, but gives a clue to what might be the new feature(s)?

WindStrike
07-16-2006, 09:10 PM
So you guys think it's some new godly feature of doom? I think it's just a bunch of bug-fixing and easier use of the editor.

Come to think of it...

Look at the title of the thread. A Revolution is coming. And then jman says
Wait for it...
So... as he says: Wait for it. Patience, friends... patience.

VEL
07-16-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/img/hhh.jpg

I get pink.
Is this one of those (nam) screens? Is there a Hungry Hungry Hippo minigame?

Kingboo30
07-16-2006, 09:17 PM
So you guys think it's some new godly feature of doom? I think it's just a bunch of bug-fixing and easier use of the editor.

Come to think of it...

Look at the title of the thread. A Revolution is coming. And then jman says
So... as he says: Wait for it. Patience, friends... patience.

Yes so in the mean time lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos. I'm green.

Aranda
07-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Is this one of those (nam) screens? Is there a Hungry Hungry Hippo minigame?

Boom, this isnt funny.

I know what it is.
It give you a hotkey that shocks Jman when he pisses people off like he is now.

COntinues playing patience games.

YES! I GOT THE OMEGA FEEDING!
INSTAND WIN!!!

Ninja, Bobcat, FISH FISH!!!

Dark Nation
07-16-2006, 09:54 PM
The feature that jman is talking about has the potential to be as useful (and tricky) to some quest developers as the room state carry-over feature.

Aranda
07-16-2006, 09:54 PM
The feature that jman is talking about has the potential to be as useful (and tricky) to some quest developers as the room state carry-over feature.

Define useful roboto...

xXVolvagiaXx
07-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Usefull as in "wow that was easy and looks cool!" or "Damn this is damn hard to do, but now it looks cool..."?

Kingboo30
07-16-2006, 10:06 PM

At least someone says something.

xXVolvagiaXx
07-16-2006, 10:09 PM
At least someone says something.

Yes....BUT NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!! [blows hole in wall and throws pretzels]

jman2050
07-16-2006, 10:10 PM

I was having so much fun :(

Besides, this feature is much better than room-state carryovers IMO.

xXVolvagiaXx
07-16-2006, 10:13 PM
..Your raine of phsyco-choas is ending slowly....:)

Kingboo30
07-16-2006, 10:18 PM
I was having so much fun :(

You must speak up until I throw Knifes at your bed! *Throws a knife* There seems to be a bug in Jman2050...Bug confirmed.

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
07-16-2006, 10:29 PM

Hmmm....Monster editor? Events? day and night system? Experience points? I really want to know...

*b*
07-16-2006, 11:00 PM
that's fine but WHAT THE HELL IS IT!?

Cloral
07-17-2006, 12:24 AM
jman's not going to reveal it so long as everyone keeps making this much fuss. So if you want to know what it is, stop posting in this thread. The joke will no longer be fun for him and he'll renew discussion by showing us what it acutally is.

Master_of_Power
07-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Mwuahahahahah! Watching people suffer over this is perfect entertainment. If THIS happens often, I don't mind waiting for the next version of ZC. jman, take your time! Mwuahahahaahahahah!

Mega Link
07-17-2006, 10:51 AM
:glare: :waggle: :disgust: :thumbsdn:

Ha! Ha! that's what you get for saying:

Mwuahahahaahahahah!
:laughing: :rofl: :giggle: :gavel: :spin:

rocksfan13
07-17-2006, 11:02 AM
jman2050: The master of deceipt. You dog. We're all gonna cyber smack you once this is revealed. You realize that right?

WindStrike
07-17-2006, 11:59 AM
I was having so much fun

You cut the fun off! How could you people..?!

Better than room-state carryovers he says? I'm gonna take a guess. Let's take an example of what I'm trying to say: We have 2 floors. On the bottom, a block is needed for a switch, BUT, that block is on the top (don't start assuming things). Link pushes the block down through the hole and then goes down the hole. The block is there. Now... without any special warping tricks, Link is going to leave the room. He circles the entire dungeon and comes back. The block is still there, and the room above it has no block (If you can already do this without any special warping tricks, then I apologize for putting it down).

If that ain't it... then I'm going to go with either 2 things:
-1) It has to do with something with the room-state carryovers, only a heck of a lot better.
Or...
-2) Just wait and see, dangit!

Dlbrooks33
07-17-2006, 12:41 PM
I bet its global triggers.

imported_Aori_Radidjiu
07-17-2006, 02:03 PM
You cut the fun off! How could you people..?!

Better than room-state carryovers he says? I'm gonna take a guess. Let's take an example of what I'm trying to say: We have 2 floors. On the bottom, a block is needed for a switch, BUT, that block is on the top (don't start assuming things). Link pushes the block down through the hole and then goes down the hole. The block is there. Now... without any special warping tricks, Link is going to leave the room. He circles the entire dungeon and comes back. The block is still there, and the room above it has no block (If you can already do this without any special warping tricks, then I apologize for putting it down).

If that ain't it... then I'm going to go with either 2 things:
-1) It has to do with something with the room-state carryovers, only a heck of a lot better.
Or...
-2) Just wait and see, dangit!

Actually, I think you can do something like that with room-state carryovers. I think someone should try it out.

Master_of_Power
07-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Erm... Done! make sure the room with the block and the room where the block falls down have the screen flad "treat as cave" o.o;

Freedom
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
even in treat as cave push blocks are temparary. ;)

Takuya
07-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Being an ass is fun though. ;)

Wait for it.... wait for it.... ;)

billyronald
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
I am sick of waiting some one please make B11 avible to the public

NOW

WindStrike
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
You're sick of waiting? That's what I said for Twilight Princess. Gee, you mustn't push and rush the developers so much. They're working hard to fix many bugs and really should be congratulated. You should actually be thankful that Dark Nation decided to make the 2.11 betas available to the public (or was that someone else...). Not tryin' to be harsh or anythin'...

Patience people... patience...
Waiting... Waiting... ... what? You want me to stop? TOO BAD! NOW WAIT LIKE I AM! WAITING... WAITING...

billyronald
07-17-2006, 05:22 PM
But look at the title
A Revolution is Coming

dose everyone have to push when i join up that is just so my luck so where is that BETA

Freedom
07-17-2006, 05:43 PM
2012 is coming too

Jigglysaint
07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
I see Jman is the key developer and DN resigned.

Proper events would be awesome. I've waited this long for a new beta, I can wait some more.

WindStrike
07-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Actually, last I checked... Jman is taking a break and Dark Nation is working on it quite a bit, along with koopa and anyone I missed.

Kingboo30
07-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Actually the famous rom hacker is using sarcasm....At least, I hope he is...

Petoe
07-18-2006, 09:16 AM
People are so impatient these days... ;)

A revolution, eh? A bugfree ZC??? :P
Hehe, but seriously, you developers are doing a fine job and I can't wait to hear what this revolution is about. If it really is more awesome than room carryovers, then woah...

Master_of_Power
07-18-2006, 12:59 PM
woooo, more pain! yay! xD

dimepiece
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I''m loving this.

You are so right Jman, this thread shows how much of a fucking idiot the ZCdeveloper is begging you to telling them and impaitently throwing threats at you saying they can't wait for the new revolution.

I say you and me go to the local club get drunk and celebrate this outstanding victory at pissing everybody off by this wait game of yours.

CHEERS MATE!!!

WERE LOVING THIS!!!

Edit: All of sudden BigMac's come to mind, and then Mcdonalds and then.
I'm loving it

Nicholas Steel
07-18-2006, 10:26 PM
which idiotic ZCdeveloper winged about it dimepiece?

*b*
07-18-2006, 11:44 PM
You are so right Jman, this thread shows how much of a fucking idiot the ZCdeveloper is begging you to telling them and impaitently throwing threats at you saying they can't wait for the new revolution.

just wondering if you knew jman is the "fucking idiot developer"

Nicholas Steel
07-19-2006, 12:48 AM
mm, k. still dunno how you came to that conclusion... i find it rather hard comprehending what dimepiece wrote and as such will take your word that it is jman.

*b*
07-19-2006, 02:59 AM
of course it's jman. he's done this before, I believe. even if he hasn't, it's still his thread, and I do believe Dime-whatever is referring to grabbing attention, which this thread is doing quite well

Dlbrooks33
07-20-2006, 12:14 AM
so when are we gonna get more info Jman? enough is enough load :D.

Sam Atoms
07-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Maybe it's an upgrade to give Zelda Classic the power to emulate the Nintendo Revolution ---- I mean, the Nintendo Wii. *shudders*

Mega Link
07-20-2006, 08:17 AM
or maybe it's a stable, 100% bug-free release!:D

Dark Nation
07-20-2006, 08:23 AM
or maybe it's a stable, 100% bug-free release!
Jman said "Revolution", not "Miracle". :p

Dlbrooks33
07-20-2006, 09:51 AM
well, i guess well have to wait a couple of weeks or days or hours or minutes or seconds or milliseconds :D.

rocksfan13
07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes, people. Hurry up and wait! :lol:

Pineconn
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
This is kind of funny. :D If no one posted in here at all, then we would get the revolution sooner. Then what's my excuse for posting in here? I have no idea.

(A stable, 100% bug-free release? :laughing:)

Freedom
07-20-2006, 04:20 PM
well....
This thread has been running 6 days now.
I figure Jman's eyeballs and finger tips should be bleeding pretty good by now.

Master_of_Power
07-20-2006, 05:58 PM
yes, but if no one posted here, then I wouldn't have my entertainment to hold me over until the revolution...

Pineconn
07-20-2006, 06:14 PM
We need to perform a coup against Jman... We'll need support of the admins and support of everyone else. Of course, if Jman would tell us about the revolution, then we may completely forget about the attempt of a coup... ;)

Now I feel like I'm going to get banned. :) I was just kidding.

jman2050
07-20-2006, 06:48 PM
I won't reveal what it is until it's finished. Which is taking longer than I had anticipated (due to an unforseen snag). So this thread might last some time :(

dimepiece
07-20-2006, 08:35 PM
I won't reveal what it is until it's finished. Which is taking longer than I had anticipated (due to an unforseen snag). So this thread might last some time :(

How about that offer some 20 post ago in this thread to go out and get drunk at the local club. Drinks on me everyone.

Pineconn
07-20-2006, 09:59 PM
:eyebrow:

That's quite all right...

dimepiece
07-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Amen sista...

DN, be a pal and send this thread to hell, since it seems 90 post later and nothing has been achieved, other then Jman has done it agai, rock our worlds

Love For Fire
07-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Why send it to hell? I got quite a laugh out of this.

Developers, keep doing a good job creating new features/fixing bugs and we'll see the new beta whenever it's ready.

firefly
07-21-2006, 10:45 AM
What the? I return to AGN just because I dreamed that another version of ZC was out and I didn't even notice.

You're killing me, jman2050.

Limzo
07-21-2006, 11:15 AM
TELL US FOR NAYRU'S SAKE!
What is is?
When I read the title I was really hoping that the Americans were going to dethrone George Bush but that was not the case...

Wait: I know what it is!
You've deleted all the enemies! Whoohoo! Now we don't have to have the sheilds or weapons anymore either since we don't have to worry about getting hurt! And since we don't have any enemies anymore, Zelda doesn't get kidnapped so we don't have to save her and we don't have to collect the triforce! Yay! So that means we don't need message strings since we don't need to buy anything so it means we don't need Zelda Classic or ZQuest anymore! Yay, thankyou Jman! You're the best.

Hehehe...
Please tell us Jman, I'm dying trying to figure out what you've done.

Dlbrooks33
07-21-2006, 11:21 AM
I say we wait because remember, and this statement is 100% true, when you push the creator or developer to do something, they lose interest in it and begin to stop and leave the project alone. He will tell us when he is ready, isn't that right Jman?

dimepiece
07-21-2006, 11:23 AM
I say we wait because remember, and this statement is 100% true, when you push the creator or developer to do something, they lose interest in it and begin to stop and leave the project alone. He will tell us when he is ready, isn't that right Jman?

Si amigo.

I say we all shut the fuck up and go to subway and get a bunch of sandwiches meanwhile.

Cloral
07-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Many people don't realize this, but one of the reasons developers are generally secretive about what features they're planning is they don't want the public to be upset if later they find that the feature has to be axed for some reason. Then again, jman did bring up that there is to be a new feature, so at this point the above doesn't really apply.

dimepiece
07-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Many people don't realize this, but one of the reasons developers are generally secretive about what features they're planning is they don't want the public to be upset if later they find that the feature has to be axed for some reason. Then again, jman did bring up that there is to be a new feature, so at this point the above doesn't really apply.

Good point. but what do you say we close this thread, so people stop posting random crap to increase their post...

Luigi
07-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Is it savestates?

dimepiece
07-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Is it savestates?

*pulls out a Firebird 9mm Pressure Pistol*

I dare any of you to keep guesting. If I was Jman, I would reveal it and immeadently AX it even if everything's going smoothly, since you feal to whine to him, bribing him, and making death treats like the model above.
And I ain't any better, Mentally I'm pissed for Jman evening mentioning the revolution w/ out telling us what it is. Now will yall can shut up, and wait paiently for a few weeks at least and let Jman finish this in peace.

Seriously, this only shows you have no respect for him.
If you tells you to wait for it, you shut your mouth a wait for it.

jman2050
07-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Wait some more. Also, before this becomes a spam fest...

*LOCK*

jman2050
08-13-2006, 03:58 PM
It returns...

Shoelace
08-13-2006, 04:05 PM
It is open again! Jman loves this apparently. Anyways, time for guesses then. Subscreen editor! Oh wait... Hmm... Maybe it is the whole C button thing. You know combos that when you press the C button it warps you or something like that. So you can make things talk now. Pick up and throw pots. Pull a lever. You know the C button! You can push and pull now! That's my guess! lol

Freedom
08-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Link uses weapons of mass destruction.
Bio~Link, Chemical~Link, Nuclear~Link.
Glowing~Link....

The_Amaster
08-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Perhaps when ZC is booted up it distorts the refraction of light through our monitors, and opens a mystic portal to the fifth dimension, literlly injecting us into the game.

It could happen....

Well, if it's big enough for the title "revolution", than perhaps it's some feature demaded since the beginning, and never introduced. (Proably not Roc's feather, though)

firefly
08-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Well, I think I'll have to wait for it...
OK, let's start guessing:

Link uses weapons of mass destruction.
Bio~Link, Chemical~Link, Nuclear~Link.
Glowing~Link....
Yes! I wanted this for a very long time!
I'd use the Nuclear~Link feature to equip Link with a massive Rocket Launcher and use the Bio~Link to equip him with a Rad-Cannon capable of melting Ganon's Castle in a matter of seconds, and...
Nah, I'm just kidding.

Perhaps when ZC is booted up it distorts the refraction of light through our monitors, and opens a mystic portal to the fifth dimension, literlly injecting us into the game.
Yes! but what could happen if the game freezes or crashes while doing so?

I say we all shut the fuck up and go to subway and get a bunch of sandwiches meanwhile.
Hold it right there! is the Revolution you're talking about the implementation of the "Subway" combo type? amazing!

BTW: I have no idea why I'm posting this, I tried to make it long so it can't be deemed as SPAM. http://www.zelda.a22.biz/sweat.gif

Noli
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Nice one firefly!

jman2050
08-13-2006, 07:12 PM
The revolution is done

erm2003
08-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Very cool jman. I will be looking forward to hearing more in the near future!

Freedom
08-13-2006, 07:24 PM
The revolution is done

Really?

Prove it, let's see some blood.
Finger blood, eyeball blood, either one, it's all the same.
;)

Shoelace
08-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't believe you jman. Release it, and maybe then I would believe you. :P

Master_of_Power
08-13-2006, 07:45 PM
oh oh oh! Yes! LOTS of Blood! and and and and and and and and... well...

hmm...

Death is a priority, Moblin slaying is starting to get boring...<false hint> =P

jman2050
08-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Oh, it's done alright. And it's good. Really really good.

Master_of_Power
08-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Awh... jman your death march of anticipation soon ends...

and so does my fun .________.

*b*
08-13-2006, 08:02 PM
There is no revolution. Just the Wii

Seriously, I think this so called "revolution" is simply this topic. He wanted to see our reactions and laugh and sip a Coke while the peons below him worshipped him. Bastard

firefly
08-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Is the "Revolution" you're talking about the implementation of the enemy contest winners?
You know, Bombchu, Grappler Bug, etc...?

No, you're talking about "it" not about "them"...

Seriously, I think this so called "revolution" is simply this topic. He wanted to see our reactions and laugh and sip a Coke while the peons below him worshipped him. Bastard
You've got a point there.

erm2003
08-13-2006, 08:06 PM

If this somehow turned out to be true I will find it hillarious.

The_Amaster
08-13-2006, 08:15 PM
I now have two theries:
1.) The big "Revolution" is indeed finished, and he's just not telling us cause he's gotten to like this thread, and toying with us.
2.) There was no revolution in the first place, and he just wanted to see what we did. We have now effectivly given him(and ourselves) over 30 days of entertainment.
*sigh* I'm depressed...so I'm going to get a cookie and hope it makes me feel better.

Freedom
08-13-2006, 08:19 PM
We Want Blood!
We Want Blood!
We Want Blood!

The_Amaster
08-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Jman, this is getting near violating that one ammendment. You know, the one with cruel and unusual punishment, or whatever. Well, this is cruel, and I'm sure ZC would be quite unusual to our founding fathers, or whatever. PLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!

Pineconn
08-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Ooh, I know. The revolution is a finalized version of ZC.

:unhappy:

Jigglysaint
08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
If you want to bug him, go to irc.esper.net and he's usually in #rom-hacking or #jzd

Haha Jman, we have your cornered now!

Sam Atoms
08-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Now that this is open again, I was going to ask: Does this have anything to do with the FF1 rom hack Dragoon X Omega II? I saw that you betatested it.....

jman2050
08-14-2006, 10:14 AM
The revolution is revealed.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 09:29 PM
The revolution is... confusing.

ShadowTiger
08-14-2006, 10:01 PM
lol yes, yes it is. It reminds me slightly of ZZTOOP, for some bizarre reason.

I think that with enough scrutinizing, the instructions can be analyzed intensely enough to grasp some sort of ... ... I dunno what to call it. Analyzing a test script can be helpful, so here are two examples from jman.

SETV d0,100
SETV xd,1
SETV yd,1
WAITFRAME
SUBV d0,1
COMPAREV d0,0
GOTOTRUE 9
GOTO 4
SETV d0,100
SETV xd,-1
SETV yd,-1
WAITFRAME
SUBV d0,1
COMPAREV d0,0
GOTOTRUE 1
GOTO 12
QUIT

This particular script, apparently, causes a single FF Combo to go diagonally up and down. Not much more, I guess. Let's analyze it piece by piece. Remember though, I'm probably just as confused as you are. :p

<==================================>

SETV d0,100 \
SETV xd,1 .... } It's setting data to be whatever it needs to be.
SETV yd,1 ... /

d0-d7 - The data registers, this one being 0, set to 100.
xd,1 = X Data Movement of 1
yd,1 = Y Data Movement of 1

SETV, SETR - Set's the contents of the first argument to the contents of the second argument.

Note: V instructions use a designate
argument and a value,
while R instructions use
two designate arguments.

--> SETV d0,100 (To be used with the following paragraph.) <--
The "SETV" is a command to set whatever is to the right of it to be the attribute it's setting. So, considering that it's setting the attributes for an individual FF Combo, (It's a script assigned to whatever FF Combos use this script.) so it's setting this value of data register "0" to be 100.

WAITFRAME

WAITFRAME - One of the most important commands. It takes no arguments, and tells the script to STOP executing at that point. Execution will resume from the next instruction in the list in the next frame. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WAITFRAME WHEREVER NEEDED. USE OF GOTO (described below) CAN POTENTIALLY CAUSE AN INFINITE LOOP WHICH WILL CRASH ZC.

I'm honestly not sure what this means. o.o' I can only assume that "Frame" refers to the next animation, but that seems so trivial, concerning that FF combos are just .. combos. Combos Animate. It's just what they DO!

SUBV d0,1

ADDR, ADDV - Add's the contents of the second argument to the contents of the first argument, storing the result in the first argument.
SUBR, SUBV - Same, only it subtracts the secon argument from the first

So, apparently, it's subtracting a value from another. I think that it's subtracting 1 from d0 Now, d0 has been defined in previous examples as starting at 100. So, I think that each time this runs, it's subtracting 1 from that. So, this is a counter initially set to 100 that is continually decreasing by 1.

COMPAREV d0,0

It's comparing d0,0 to 0. C'mon. :p Obvious. If d0 = 0, it'll execute the lines seen after it.

GOTOTRUE 9

GOTO - Goto instruction number #. Uses one argument. The instruction number is simply the number of instructions counted down from the top of the list, starting from instruction 1.

Okay, this is actually pretty simple. Suppose it said GOTO 1. That would be: SETV d0,100. It's line 1.

Thus, "GOTOTRUE 9" implies that if the previous statement is true, it'd go to line 9. If it's not, it'll go to line 4. So, it's checking to see that it's been decreasing correctly, .. I .. guess. We should inquire about this. Seems a bit odd.

Rulehy
08-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Huh!? I dont really get it...This looks like some 2.12 or new command lines...
Did I miss somethin'?

ShadowTiger
08-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh. You're back. Hello Rulehy. Yes, I'm just trying to run through this code on my own, and see what makes it tick. Try to follow along if you want. I'm still writing my thoughts in various mystical, dizzying colors.

BTW, Rulehy, look around before asking questions. The answer is usually found in some pinned thread. Why exhibit ignorance when the answer is only a few clicks away?

Rulehy
08-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Err...I just saw it in another thread...O_o;
Sorry,I thought it would be in this thread...

ShadowTiger
08-14-2006, 10:50 PM
... ... You have the strangest spacebar I've ever seen in a forum user. It doesn't work after commas or periods. Sell it on Ebay. I bet someone would buy it with a vivid enough description. :p

Yeah, I think I'm going to post that little bit somewhere where more people could see it. I'm working on an extension over at ZCU's review forum.

Rulehy
08-14-2006, 10:55 PM
... ... You have the strangest spacebar I've ever seen in a forum user. It doesn't work after commas or periods. Sell it on Ebay. I bet someone would buy it with a vivid enough description. :p

Yeah, I think I'm going to post that little bit somewhere where more people could see it. I'm working on an extension over at ZCU's review forum.
??? Sorry,I dont quite understand. For some reason,that made no sense to me.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
All that just to make a combo move diagonally. In original FF combo form, you just had to set one value to 1 and another to -1. :eyebrow: (Well, if it makes a zigzag line rather than a solid diagonal, then that looks to be the easier way.)

Lol. :lol:

Freedom
08-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Yea, that's one of those new time saving spacebar features, those are high dollar. ;)

I noticed that the revolution isn't visible in the preview mode.
Cool feature, but it will be a while before I can really set down and try to figure it out.
I have to wait for some brain cells to grow back.
Maybe I can get some of those rotating fireballs figured out one of these days. ;)

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Well, I'm gonna be offline for a while. I need to take a cram course of C++. ;)

jman2050
08-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Note: Frames refer to frames of game logic. To put things in perspective, the game logic is designed to run 60 times per second. Think of them as 'tics'

SETV d0,100

This sets the d0 register to 100. Tis is a counter used to determine how long the ff combo should move for in frames (as I'll explain below)

SETV xd,1
SETV yd,1

Sets the X speed and the Y speed to 1 pixel and1 pixel respectively. This makes the platform move diagnoally lright-down.

WAITFRAME

Lemme explain this a bit further (ignore the (1) for now. When a script executes, it continues executing instructions indefinitely until 1 of three things are found 1) a QUIT statement. 2) The end of a script, and 3) a WAITFRAME statement. What this basically means is that the script stops executing for that particular frame. In the next frame of game logic, the script will resume execution from the satement AFTER the WAITFRAME statement.

SUBV d0,1

Subtracts 1 from the d0 register and puts the result into d0. So, it starts at 100, so thisdecrements it by 1.

COMPAREV d0,0

Checks to see if d0 is equal to 0. Since it's not equal, the TRUEFLAG (an internal flag used by the scripts) is not set. BTW, since d0 is 99 right now, and 99 >= 0, the MOREFLAG will be set, but that's not important right now.

GOTOTRUE 9
GOTO 4

GOTOTRUE will go to the instruction number listed if the TRUEFLAG (described above) is set. Since it isn't set, it will simply skip over this instruction. GOTO goes to the instruction number regardless of anything else. So basically, the logic of this function decrements d0 by 1 every frame (instruction 4 is WAITFRAME, so it jumps to this) until d0 is 0. During this time, the platform moves 1 pixel down and 1 pixel right every frame. When d0 is 0, the TRUEFLAG is set, and GOTOTRUE executes, going to instruction 9 (see below).

SETV d0,100 ; Instruction 9
SETV xd,-1
SETV yd,-1
WAITFRAME ; Instruction 12
SUBV d0,1
COMPAREV d0,0
GOTOTRUE 1
GOTO 12

Now we can figure out the logic of this statement. d0 is set to 100 initially again, and the x accel and y accel values are reversed to -1 and -1 repectvely. Then, a WAITFRAME is read, and on the next frame, it decrements d0 by 1, checks if d0 is equal to 0, then jumps to instruction 1 if it is zero, thus restarting the script. Otherwise, it jumps to instruction 12, where it WAITFRAMES, decrements d0 again, and checks for 0 again. When 0 is reached, z accel and y accel are set to 1,1 again. Thus, the ff combo moves diagnoally right-down for 100 frames, then up-left for 100 frames, repeat ad infinium.

Hope that isnt too hard to understand.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Holy crap. That is hard to grasp.

But I'm sure I'll learn it just like I learned any other things, like the entire ZQuest program in the first place. :p

firefly
08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Let's see:

SETV d0,100
This one set's variable d0 to 100, this is just a variable, not speed, position or something else.

SETV xd,1
SETV yd,1
Set's X speed to 1 and Y speed to 1

WAITFRAME
To prevent... Infinite loops? and to let other things animate.

SUBV d0,1
Substracts 1 from d0, which is actually 100, lets d0 at 99.

COMPAREV d0,0
This is an easy one, C equivalent:

if(d0 == 0)
GOTOTRUE 9
else
GOTO 4
In other words, if d0 is 0 the script will GOTOTRUE 9 but d0 is 99 right now, so the script ignores this sentence and goes directly to the next sentence, which is GOTO 4, the script will go to the fourth sentence, WAITFRAME then follow to SUBV d0,1, it will substract 1 to d0, leaving it in 98, this loop will continue until d0 reaches 0.

SETV d0,100
When d0 reaches 0, COMPAREV d0,0 will become true and GOTOTRUE 9 will no longer be ignored, the script will continue in this sentence. which will set d0 to 100 again.

SETV xd,-1
SETV yd,-1
Will set X speed to -1 and Y speed to -1.

WAITFRAME
SUBV d0,1
COMPAREV d0,0
GOTOTRUE 1
GOTO 12
This is pretty much the same as above, when d0 reaches 0 the script will continue in sentence 1, meaning that the script will repeat itself.

QUIT
EOF (End of file)

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
:unhappy:

I'll take your word for it. ;) Okay, I think it's time to actually start learning this scripting thing.

Praethus
08-15-2006, 07:29 PM
This is definitely one awesome feature. Good job, jman2050.