PDA

View Full Version : Room State Carry Over

Phazite
07-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Ok, I'm having a problem with Room state carry overs. I have one screen with a permenant trigger on it (I've tried sensitive too). You step on it and it turns into a stairs warp (A). It is supposed to carry over secrets to another screen, but it doesn't. I have tried putting the two screens on the same map (1), dmap (cave type), and level(10) but nothing happens.

I have even tried using the old way with boss flags and a trigger enemy and it didn't work for some reason. I put a kill all enemies on the screen instead of a perm trigger and a enemy on the screen. The enemy dies and I warp to the other screen but nothing got triggered. The enemy even came back later! So I changed the trigger enemy to something else to see if it dies and it didn't.

I really need some help. I've spent hours trying to figure this out.:confused:

Also in another quest I'm making this happens too, but the trigger enemy/boss flag thing worked. The trigger room and the other were on different maps.

Freedom
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Is it a dungeon dmap causing it to be temporary?

Phazite
07-15-2006, 09:39 PM
No, it's a cave dmap. It's like it doesn't even want perm. secrets to happen at all. In another quest this happened in the perm. trigger wouldn't even trigger any secrets. I think this happened in this quest too, but I can't remember.:odd:

Freedom
07-15-2006, 09:49 PM
I think it's the enemy=secrets that's giving you a problem.
I've read your post 3 times now and can still only guess, but I've had some problems with enemy=secrets and room state carry-overs.

Phazite
07-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Using room state and enemies = secrets together/at the same time, wouldn't mess anything up would it? Well, what does perm enemies=secrets do then? I've tried that too and it didn't work, but what is the difference?

Freedom
07-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I couldn't get it to work like that, and I asked about it in the developers forum and never got an answer.
Try making enemies=secrets set a permanent floor tile that link steps on and see if that will then trigger your secrets for you.

Phazite
07-21-2006, 11:35 PM
I tryed it, but it seems like other screens can't trigger the secrets on that screen 00. I was messing around with it and I could use the room state carryover from screen 00 to 04, but not the way it's supposed to be. (04 to 00) Oh well, I don't think there's anything I can do about it. I'll just put it on a different screen if it works. Thanks for your help anyway Freedom.:)