PDA

View Full Version : Question about item placing in big treasure chests

Malstygian
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Is there a way to put an item in the center of a big treasure chest (I'm using Link to the Past sprites)? Using the methods posted here about locked treasure chests, the #10 Armos->Item flag can only go on the left or right, not the center. It's not that big of a deal since I can put the item in the left half of the chest and kept the right half closed, but it would be more aesthetically pleasing to have the item in the center.

Love For Fire
07-12-2006, 11:10 PM
You can put an item inside a large treasure chest. However, I personally have never used locked chests, but I will try to help you as best I can.

Set up the chest on your combo page with the top closed chest tiles sitting next to the left of their respective opened tiles, and set the the closed chest tiles to lock block. Make another copy of the closed chest graphics each to the left of clear black tiles. This time set them to Lock-block copycat (or lock block 2 if using an older version).

Now on layer 0, you will place the lock block top chest tiles. Place the item in the middle of the closed chest with the rupee icon. The item will appear over the chest, but we will fix this soon.

The bottom half of the chest should be on layer 1 or 2.

On layer 3 or higher, place the closed chest lock block copycat tiles over the layer 0 closed chest. This hides the item so it can't be seen until the chest is unlocked.

What SHOULD happen (since I have never actually done this with the locked chest), is that the item should be under layer 3 and invisible. When Link uses the key on the lock block, the layer 3 tiles should change to the next one on the combo list, which should be clear. The bottom layer will change to the open chest and you can collect your item.

Malstygian
07-14-2006, 12:28 PM
This worked - thank you very much :)