PDA

View Full Version : Exit Cave Problem

Savior X
07-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, well I think I perhaps just did something wrong along the way; but I have a slight problem whenever I exit a cave. I was following alphadawg's Tutorial on how to make a cave and a shop. However, whenever I exit the cave, the two fireballs appear directly outside of the cave exit when I leave the shop/item room. In addition, well let me give you this example; it explains it better. On one of the maps, I have a cave entrance leading to picking up the wooden sword. However, whenever I move to the next screen, the wooden sword pick up appears on that next map; which is not the Space 80 Cave, but just a regular map. I think it may have something to do with the Warp Properties, but I'm not sure.

erm2003
07-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Make sure your tile warp for the cave is set as a Cave/Item Room. Do this by checking the Data -> Tile Warp menu and make sure the type is set correctly. To set the wooden sword in the cave, make sure you are on the screen with the entrance, not the cave itself. Go to Data -> Room Type and set it as a Special Item room. Then go back to Data -> Special Item and set it as the Wooden Sword. You can also set the guy and string from this point.

You should never change any of the settings directly in the cave room. That screen is the shell for any caves and it is used every time you set up a cave room. The information is set on the screen from which you enter the cave. I hope this helps you out.

LinkMaster500
07-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Screen 80 is the default screen used for caves in overworlds and item rooms in dungeons. Remember that you can make your own item caves, shops etc... But if you are new, you should use Screen 80 and follow AlphaDawg's tutorial--just to get used to the basics of quest-making.

koopa
07-12-2006, 09:16 AM
If the dmap's LEVEL NUMBER is greater than 0, items appear on the actual screen, if it's 0, they appear in cave rooms (80). Does that help?