PDA

View Full Version : WoW install problems

biggiy05
07-08-2006, 11:29 PM
This is getting on my nerves because I have no idea why it won't install or what the error message means.

I have been trying to install WoW for over an hour now with nothing but failed attempts. I keep getting this message after I put the third disc in. The disc spins up and it goes through then the message pops up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/grr.jpg

Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it?

edit: I didn't even get to the third disc before it gave me the same message.

Masamune
07-09-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't think blizzard wants you to play WoW. :|

jessethe2nd
07-09-2006, 12:41 AM
more than likely the disc is unreadable to some degree... you may need to buy a new copy of wow. Or if you have a file planet account you could down load the trial install and update to the current patch.

The other possibillity is that the location you are trying to install to does not have enough room to contain wow. Don't know what else it could be. Give fileplanet a shot and go from there.

biggiy05
07-09-2006, 01:39 AM
more than likely the disc is unreadable to some degree... you may need to buy a new copy of wow. Or if you have a file planet account you could down load the trial install and update to the current patch.

The other possibillity is that the location you are trying to install to does not have enough room to contain wow. Don't know what else it could be. Give fileplanet a shot and go from there.

File planet didn't work when I first tried a few weeks ago. I was using a pirated copy but I forgot to put the images on a cd.

More than enough room to install the game. 175gb free.

Someone on another forum mentioned taking out my dual channel memory and going to single during the install.

EDIT: I was missing my raid controller. I reinstalled it and the installation went right through. I didn't even need to exchange my copy for a new one.