PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Food Experiences

Monica
07-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Got this idea from another forum. What kind of gross stuff have you or someone you know found in food?

I found this really long slimy worm thing in my glass of Hawaiian Punch, i don't think I drank Hawaiian Punch for a few years after that! X_x

I also had blue mold inside a hamberger at elementary school. Never ate another school burger ever again.

This wasn't me, but my uncle. My mom told me some people played a joke on him and gave him a Coke that was pure Coke syrup. She said he can't drink Coke now without throwing up...

How about y'all?

Cloral
07-08-2006, 11:06 PM
I got pizza from Sbarro that had mold on the crust underneath the cheese and sauce. Almost made me puke. I guess mine's not as good (or is it bad?) as yours. :shrug:

Archibaldo
07-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I can't remember if i've had any bad food experience, but a friedn found a a metal sucubby thing in u=his soup at restauraunt once. , hes neevr aten therere agaion.

\btw, yes, ma'am, im a lil drunk but no biggie.

WindStrike
07-08-2006, 11:24 PM
I remember when eating a bowl of cereal... I saw half of an ant floating on the milk. I know it's "just an ant; tastes like chicken" to some of you, but it wasn't pleasant for me...

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Back in elementary school, I found the usuals every so often: coated cardboard (the kind in non-plastic milk containers, but from gravy, most likely), plastic wrap, stuff like that.

Actually having to cook stuff that's like that though, is worse. When I was living in Minneapolis, I worked at an upscale grocery store in the deli department, and for a while towards the end, I was in charge of the raw chicken preparation. This basically entailed sorting the various cut pieces into tubs (after draining the liquid), and then seasoning the whole chickens for the rotisserie. It would come in these 50 lb boxes that I had to haul around, and a lot of the time they were not only cold but frozen, depending on how recently they had come off of the truck. Did I mention that management was always nagging me to go faster? Let's recap.

Frozen chicken + frozen blood/salmonela juice + cheap, thin, crappy food handling gloves + nagging management = thank God I was making $10 an hour at that place. Oy.

Anyway, the bad part came when I was sorting the cut parts. These big meat packing companies are... big. They pack a lot of meat. Consequently, like any big sorting industry, not everything gets completely clean or done up to code. It's just a fact of business. So every now and then, I'd get one of these flukes, because I was handling in excess of 400 lbs of chicken a day, pesonally. Sometimes, I'd get a whole chicken with a neck attached still. Sometimes there were some organs still inside, or nastier, organ matter. Mystery meat, if you will.

What I hated most though, was feathers. Ever take a bite of chicken and get a feather? Tasty, right? Of course not. I mentioned that this was an upscale place, and that's an understatement if you've never seen a store like this. Everything was more expensive. $13 a pound roast beef, 1000 different cheeses, a gourmet chocolate shop, a cooking classroom, a gift shop (need some fine china with that yogurt?), a liquor store (not just an aisle), a restaurant, an chinese carry-out, it just goes on and on. So I'm thinking, if we pride ourselves so much on quality, why does this wing have six feathers on it still? I'd get in trouble for being slow, so eventually I just had to force myself to ignore them, and into the fryer they went. I never bought the chicken there.

Oh, and Somethingawful.com (http://www.somethingawful.com)'s Comedy Goldmine has this (http://www.somethingawful.com/index.php?a=3255) classic, among others (http://www.somethingawful.com/goldmine/).

ShadowTiger
07-09-2006, 01:14 AM
I once found a limp noodle in my oatmeal. No idea how it got there. .. .. at least I HOPE It was a noodle. o.o' I also found a screw in my muffin once. Bones in my tuna. (I mean a small skeleton of something. Didn't look like a fish either.) ... ... and more tendons on my cooked meat than I'd ever care to see in a living animal.

I don't take any chances. I don't just cook my meat. I Cremate it. Hopefully ... I won't be haunted anymore by foul things in my meaty food.

goKi
07-09-2006, 01:25 AM
I found a bunch of weevils in a chocolate bar, once. Luckily, i was going to break it in half to share with a friend before i took a bite.

Dechipher
07-09-2006, 01:29 AM
While in london, I ate at a places called "Beefeaters" with a medieval kind of dining. One the food was shit disgustin,g and two someone spit mucus in the pitcher of Coke which I didnt notice until I was drinking it.

Also, used to have an ant problem, would find them in the whipped peanut butter pissed me off big time.

tink
07-09-2006, 04:45 AM
This one time I went to eat a chocolate bunny and when I bite it's head it cried.

biggiy05
07-09-2006, 05:06 AM
This one time I went to eat a chocolate bunny and when I bite it's head it cried.

You're cruel. Should have never given you the link lol.

Strawberries. My grandma had me try them when I was little and I had an allergic reaction to them. The end result wasn't very pretty.

Dechipher
07-09-2006, 12:08 PM

I'm sorry, the only thing I can think of to say is: Wtf?

MottZilla
07-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Other than maybe opening something that had been on the shelf or the fridge too long and gone bad, none that I can recall. I've seen worse so nothing is gonna make me throw up unless there's like a huge dog turd on it when you open it up. The decapitated rabbit and the rabbit under the lawnmower were more gruesome looking.

Brasel
07-09-2006, 04:31 PM
One time in the chow hall, I found half a cockroach buried in my rice. That was nice...seeing as the rice was kind of crunchy at one point when I was eating it.

moocow
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I had a chicken sandwich at Arby's once, and after a few bites I discovered the middle of the meat was hollow, black and bad smelling. It didn't help that I had just gotten over the flu I had for like, 3 weeks, so I threw up in Meijer's parking lot for like, 5 minutes. It was lovely.

I found a bone in my honey bbq chicken sandwich from KFC once.

Everyone finds hair at least once in their life.

This makes me think of the movie Waiting (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348333/). Has anyone seen it? It was... interesting.

biggiy05
07-09-2006, 07:41 PM
This makes me think of the movie Waiting (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348333/). Has anyone seen it? It was... interesting.

Yeah, I d/l a a rip of it. I thought it was funny until they got closer to the end and that bitchy waitress showed everyone her cat. That was nasty.

Vagla
07-09-2006, 09:35 PM
I can't think of any noteably bad food experiences of my own, but I know several people who've had bad ones.

A friend of mine was eating at Arby's and found a hair sticking out of his burger. He was like "Gross" and as he was pulling it out, he found that the other end was attached to a wad of hair. Disgusting. I mean, what, did a chunk of hair fall off of someone's head into the food? Nasty. Next, my mom got coffee from a coffee machine one time and found a finger nail in it. Like, a whole nail. Bleh. Finally, someone on my floor was baking chicken she had bought at Safeway. When she finished cooking it, she went to cut into it to make sure it was done inside and blood started gushing out of it. Turned out that there was a giant pocket of blood inside this piece of chicken. Needless to say, that was the end of that meal.

tink
07-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I had a chicken sandwich at Arby's once, and after a few bites I discovered the middle of the meat was hollow, black and bad smelling.

A chicken tumor?

erm2003
07-09-2006, 11:14 PM
My brother once ordered a burger in a restaurant and got a sharp piece of glass inside. Luckily he saw it before he took a bite or he could have cut his mouth pretty bad.

There was also a report of a fast food restaurant in the area where a customer found a syringe in the burger. Nice.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-10-2006, 12:31 AM
My mother and I have both, on separate occasions, eaten oysters and bitten into pearls. It's not gross, and they weren't anything sellable, but dang, those things are hard.

Golden Warrior
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I once came across a fingernail and hair in hamburger helper. Now I'm more likely too look at what I eat before I dig in.

algam86
07-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Wow, mine is actually kind of 'normal' compared to some of these. Anyway, I'm eating at a buffet place, and I ordered a Sprite with it. I took a sip and it tasted like biting into a piece of Alka-Seltzer (or as I figured, Epsom Salt. Anyone know what that tastes like? It's disgusting. Anyway.) The thing was, my sister ordered the exact same thing and it was fine. I just ended up getting a new one, and I was fine after that. Actually, remembering that is churning my stomach slightly. :sick:

Yoshiman
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
I remember this one time my mom was cooking spaghetti, and as she was straining it, she found these tiny white worm-looking things in the pasta. They weren't maggots, but they were just as disgusting. We had pizza that night.

A while back in 7th or 8th grade, a bunch of girls found dead bees in their school lunches. There was a lot of squealing that day. I didn't eat school lunches for a while after that.

Also, I think it was one of my friends who ordered chicken nuggets from McDonald's once. They took a bite out of one, and saw a bunch of vein-looking things. Yum.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-11-2006, 11:39 PM
I remember this one time my mom was cooking spaghetti, and as she was straining it, she found these tiny white worm-looking things in the pasta. They weren't maggots, but they were just as disgusting. We had pizza that night.

Could have been meal worm or some variety of moth larvae, which technically is maggots, I guess? Happens to lots of grain products that sit around for way too long.

This one is completely my fault, but once, I was hungry, and my parents were out for some reason or another, so I was looking for a meal and I found these chicken patties in the freezer. Good enough for me, so I stuck one in the microwave and heated it up. Unfortunately, I didn't know that they weren't fully cooked already, and I bit into a piece of breaded but uncooked chicken. I'm pretty sure I didn't finish the whole thing after that.

jessethe2nd
07-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Mouse tird in my cocopufs... Its safe to say I now line my cabinets with sheet metal...... Chew thru that u rat bastards! It gets worse as you dig deeper into the box.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Back in my old house, we used to have a pantry in the basement, because the upstairs kitchen was so crowded. Surprisingly, mice were rare, but one time we had some down there, and they got into some packages of Ramen. Tiny noodle bits and mouse turds everywhere. I don't think I've eaten Ramen since.

MacWeirdo42
07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I have a friend who went to McDonald's one time and order a burger. He took a bite out of it, and thought that it tasted funny, so he took off the bun and saw mayo on it. He shrugged it off, wasn't too fond of the mayo, but he was hungry, so he ate it. Then he went up to the counter, ordered another burger, and requested to hold the mayo. That's when the cashier told him that they don't have any mayo.

punkonjunk1024
07-23-2006, 05:36 PM
THats disgusting.

I stopped eating KFC's chicken after this one -
We got one of those big ten piece things, and one of my wings, or breasts, or something had a bit of what was clearly spine/unidentified organ matter attached to it. I'd bitten right next to it. It was god awful disgusting.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-24-2006, 10:52 PM
We got one of those big ten piece things, and one of my wings, or breasts, or something had a bit of what was clearly spine/unidentified organ matter attached to it. I'd bitten right next to it. It was god awful disgusting.

I refer you to my previous story about handling raw rotisserie chickens with the necks still on. What's worse though, is not just finding one of them, but not being able to do anything about it. Having to rub and season it, and then the following day, put it on the spit and watch it be sold. Sure, there are worse things that could happen, but who wants to find a chicken for dinner and find four inches of throat still attached? Even if it is cooked and covered with delicious herbs and spices.

likesallusions
07-24-2006, 11:01 PM
I was drinking a glass of water at this one restaraunt (currently unnamed) and then saw a dead fly floating around in it. I promptly started drinking something else (of course). Nothing fancy.