PDA

View Full Version : Yo, new game designer!

Mirak
07-07-2006, 10:07 PM
What's up? so a friend told me of this awesome game engine and i came all the way from mexico to get to understand it better, can someone enlight me with answers? maybe i have to go to a forum for that but in case you can answer them here then here goes...

¿How do i...?
1)Add new sprites (i don't want link and i want different enemies)
2)Add new music
3)(i know im being annoying but...)Add new tilesets and change the dialogue from the first person i meet

I tried searching for the tutorial that is offered in the main page but the link is dead and send me to other page... i hope anyone can help me

biggiy05
07-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey welcome to the boards. This looks like it is better suited for the ZC section so I am going to move it. If it doesn't belong there they can move it back here.

Freedom
07-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the jungle.

The top link in my sig will take you to a page I've put together with links to tutorials and more information.

Kingboo30
07-07-2006, 11:57 PM
What's up? so a friend told me of this awesome game engine and i came all the way from mexico to get to understand it better, can someone enlight me with answers? maybe i have to go to a forum for that but in case you can answer them here then here goes...

¿How do i...?
1)Add new sprites (i don't want link and i want different enemies)
2)Add new music
3)(i know im being annoying but...)Add new tilesets and change the dialogue from the first person i meet

I tried searching for the tutorial that is offered in the main page but the link is dead and send me to other page... i hope anyone can help me

I'll answer these in each and every order.

For number one, Click on Quest<Graphics<Tiles. From here you will be able to edit the Sprites.

In order to change the pallete, Click on Quest<Graphics< Palletes. There are three options. "Main" edits the MAIN palletes, the palletes that will always be the same, (With the exception of 2,3 and 4.) Palletes 7, 8 and 9 are used by certain enemys. The rest are used for whatever, prefably items and even doors in a Metroid quest.

Number two is easy. There is an exception though, ZC can only use midis but can also use mp3s in 1.92 beta 183 and above. To use MP3s, go to Quests<Dmaps<Music. From here you can select the midi and mp3 you want to use but the mp3 must be in the same folder as your quest. To load the midi into the quest, go to Quest< Midis. (It is music if you are using 2.11. If you are using 2.11, simply click on midis. Enhanced music loads Mp3s and other sound formats into the quest, it is not working yet.) From here, you can select the midi you want to load into ZC.

For making messages, go to Quest<Strings. Here you can find where all the strings in the quest are located. To edit them, double click one of them and type away. To link them together, double click, click on "Next string" and find the string you want to link to. Very important info. Strings can only be read in a room with a GUY and the dmap is set to dungeon or cave. Look at Alphadawgs tutorial for info on dmaps. Though if you followed the above, you know where they are located.

bluedeath
07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
welcome to zc :D :D :D :D :D :D!!!!!!!!

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Welcome!:)
To get midis you can go to Quest_Midis Then load the file.
You can be creative with the looping!:D
In the Dmap you can set the music.