PDA

View Full Version : Well shit

Dechipher
07-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I noticed some bumps on my middle-inner thigh the other day. They kind of itched, like a bug bite.

Eh. No big deal.

Today, the bumps have spread to the other one.

Well, whatever. I mean I hope it's not what I think it is.

Tonight, at Beauty and the Beast rehearsal (no I'm not the Beast I'm the drummer) I noticed some bumps on my leg. And the yellowish pus that comes with one of my least favorite things in the world, one of the very very very few things I'm allergic to.

I have contracted poison ivy.

When I say allergic, I don't mean, you get a little puffy eyed and your shit gets messed up for a few hours. I mean, my eyes get swollen shut with the shit and I want to take a bullet in the brain. Now I'm not trying to bitch or anything. I just wanted to share this, along with the fact that considering where the initial discovery zone was, I'm going to be one unhappy motherfucker. I called the doctor when I got home and left a message practically begging for an appointment tomorrow before they clsoe at noon (because no one ever needs to get meds after 12)

Anyway.

Prrkitty
07-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Awww hon <hug> *sends ya lots and lots of calamine lotion*
*kiss* good luck darlin :)

Beldaran
07-07-2006, 12:15 AM
How did you get poison ivy on your crotch?

Dechipher
07-07-2006, 12:31 AM
See, that's the thing that gets me. I don't know. I honestly have no clue. I mean, I was out and about for the 4th of july, but my crotch? I could have gotten it on my hand and then scratched, I do that shit a lot.

moocow
07-07-2006, 08:48 AM
When I get poison ivy, I get it real bad too. So I avoid weeds at all costs. Whenever someone I know has it, I don't go near them until they are all better.

My dad had a friend who wiped his ass with poison ivy once, oops.

Aegix Drakan
07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
>_< ouch...that's not pleasant.

I hope you heal fast, Decipher.

ShadowTiger
07-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Yikes man, do heal quickly. If there's any one thing I don't want to have on my crotch, it'd be that.

(Sounded So WRONG. XD )

Dechipher
07-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Yikes man, do heal quickly. If there's any one thing I don't want to have on my crotch, it'd be that.

(Sounded So WRONG. XD )
What about an angry lobster?

moocow
07-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Are you sure it's not just a really bad heat rash? Or Herpes?

;)

Cloral
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I get poison oak pretty bad, which is essentially the same thing. I find that this stuff called 'cala gell' is pretty good at stopping the itch - far better than calamine lotion.

Dechipher
07-11-2006, 11:45 PM
You know, I thought of herpes, but it's also on my legs so I'm cool.

I lost my pills that I take for it, I still had like 3 or 4 days left on the treatment. I looked like an addict, tearing up the house and digging in the trash can looking for em. I think I'm okay, but I'll find out in a few days. Hasn't itched today though.

jessethe2nd
07-12-2006, 02:50 AM
LOL... on the news some one just broke into a retirement home and cleaned out all the prescription meds and everything... maybe you should check with your local pill poppers?

punkonjunk1024
07-19-2006, 04:11 PM
God damn, that sucks horribly. I'm immune to ivy, just found that out a few weeks ago. :)

Hope it gets better.