PDA

View Full Version : I left, came back and started spoiling films.

Darth Marsden
07-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm a Doctor Who fan, as some of you are painfully aware. Recently it was announced that Billie Piper, who plays Rose in the new series, will be leaving at the end of the second (or 28th, depending on who you ask) series. This I could accept, because I've not been all that fond of her 'relationship' with the Doctor in this last series, and there wasn't a hope in hell of keeping that secret for another 3 weeks.

BUT.

At 12:01 tonight, they will be announcing who the Doctor's new companion will be. And I don't want to know. I really, REALLY, REALLY don't want to know. So In an attempt to avoid finding out, I will be sealing myself into a little cocoon and not emerging until Saturday to watch the final episode of the series. I will not be using teh internets, I will not be reading the newspapers, I will not be watching television and. I. Will. Not. Know. Who. It. Is.

So I won't be here for a few days. I'll be back Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Just so you know.

EDIT: Upon reflection, this is kinda like that episode of The Likely Lads where they don't want to know the score of a football match... anyone remember that?

biggiy05
07-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Won't you find out who the new guy is going to be sooner or later?

No offence but making a "I need to take a break" threads is kinda dumb especially since nobody will notice if you are gone for a few days.

MacWeirdo42
07-04-2006, 12:16 PM
LMAO Now THAT'S fan dedication for you... Giving up the Internet, of your own free will, just to not have the new episode spoiled. Not saying that I couldn't but I'd be hard pressed to find a good enough reason.

Darth Marsden
07-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I doubt they'll say who the new companion is in Saturday's episode, but I would still like to keep myself in the dark until Ms Piper has given up the role. A good example of why I'm doing this is when Eccleston was revealed to not be doing a second series. I would loved to not have known he was going to regenerate into David Tennant.

The whole 'I'm not gonna be here til Sunday' is more for the folks in Forum Games. Everyone else is really supposed to focus on the whole 'I'm so sad I'm gonna hide in my room and not come out' aspect.

Masamune
07-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Wtf is Doctor Who? :o

Monica
07-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey, that's a good idea, lol. It got leaked, and my Scottish friend showed me the article so I know who it is, but I won't tell you. ^_^

BUT, I hoped Rose would be there forever, lol, I LOVED that her and the Doctor were soulmates...;_; I'll miss her, and I liked the 9th Doctor and I'll miss him too... but the 10th doctor is CUTE so I'll survive, but Chris's acting was awesome. :)

Doctor Who is a Timelord who travels around the universe in his Time ship with his companions he meets on his adventures. Only other Timelords can pronounce his name, so to everyone else he's known as the Doctor. When he dies he is usually able to regenerate into a new body (new actor)

Darth Marsden
07-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Back again!

And I managed to go the whole 4 days without finding out who it was. So imagine my surprise to find out it was Freema Agyeman! Very surprised, seeing as how the character she played last week died. Still, she'll be playing a different character, so that's okay! [/Sarcasm]

Masamune, if you really don't know what Doctor Who is then you deserve to be shot. Couple of sites to inform you:
The (official) guide to classic Doctor Who (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/guide.shtml)
The (unofficial) Doctor Who guide (http://www.drwhoguide.com[/Url)
The latest news in the Doctor Who world (http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php)

And a slight correction Monica... we don't know the Doctor's name. Very few people in the show do.

I'll explain. In the very first episode, his granddaughter has taken the surname Foreman from the owner of the scrapyard where the TARDIS has landed. When Ian Chesterton, her teacher, calls her grandfather 'Doctor Foreman', he replies 'My name's not Foreman!', and from then on in he is known as the Doctor, although it must be said that William Hartnell never introduced himself as such. He occasionally goes by other names (Ace calls the 7th Doctor 'Professor' for some reason, and the Daleks know the 9th as 'The Oncoming Storm'), but he's adopted 'The Doctor' as his name.

God I'm sad.

Monica
07-08-2006, 06:06 PM
About his name... Yeah I know no one knows it because only other Timelords and Timeladies know it and can pronounce it. I know, being American, I'm a Doctor Who noob but my friend told me a ton of stuff about the classic series, and told me that the show was starting here. He showed me a charity show that started with the Third Doctor talking on this other British show and his companion, can't remember her name, called him Professor too, and one of the rules of the TARDIS was never to call him that, lol.

Darth Marsden
07-08-2006, 06:38 PM
The episode you describe was the special Dimensions In Time, both halves of which were shown on Noel's House Party, with the first part being introduced by, as you say, the third Doctor, Jon Pertwee. That special, as well as being complete and utter crap, is now non-canon, seeing as Eastenders is clearly proven to be just a TV show in the new series (Army of Ghosts).

The companion who called the Doctor 'Professor' was called Ace, and while the 7th Doctor was quite happy for her to refer to him as such, I do remember his 3rd self not being so chuffed at the new name!

Anyway. Thanks for this, it's always nice chatting to those who are just getting into Doctor Who.

EDIT: How'd he show you that charity show, anyway? One of the conditions of it being made was that it'd never be released or replayed after the night... Didn't stop me d/l it, but even so...

Monica
07-08-2006, 07:11 PM
I think it got uploaded to YouTube and he gave me the link, and I saw both halves there. If not YouTube then it was some other video site. Also, recently someone uploaded the ENTIRE Tomb of the Cyberman series of eps, and he gave me those links so I could watch it before it was discovered and deleted lol. I have to say, the Second Doctor was pretty cool.

Edit: Oh I have the links in the PM he sent me (on another forum) and those TotCM eps are still there, IM me if you want to see them. :)

Darth Marsden
07-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I've got the Tomb Of The Cybermen DVD, but thanks anyway! But since we're discussing YouTube, here's a link you may enjoy (www.youtube.com/watch?v=75EfIG638Fs&search=rose%20goodbye%20lover)...

Monica
07-08-2006, 07:54 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! Oh my gosh, DM, thanks so much for that!!! ^_^;;; *dies* :love: I miss 9, lol. ;_;

I had actually thought about making my own video for them, but where do I get all the clips? Do you have an idea?

Darth Marsden
07-09-2006, 05:16 AM
*Cough*Download 'em*Cough*

But yeah, I miss Eccleston too. I preferred his series to the Tennant one, for reasons I won't go into here (but have explored here (http://tachyontv.typepad.com/waiting_for_christopher/2006/06/possibly_the_mo.html)).

Monica
07-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Did you write that? I didn't read it, because I don't want any spoilers at all about Tennent's episodes because they aren't here yet, but do you go to Outpost Gallifrey? My friend is a member there and he says they only accept memberships a few months out of the year, so I haven't been able to see it or join.

Darth Marsden
07-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Yep, I'm a member of OG. I joined before the Tennant series started, so there wasn't a problem with signing up, as it were. If I understand correctly, they disabled new registrations on the weekends (Doctor Who going out on a Saturday night) to try and avoid a deluge of spam. I signed up to have a gander at the fan-made DVD covers, which are really quite fantastic.

...sorry.

And yes, I did write that. It doesn't contain any real spoilers (none you can't gather from the episode titles, anyway) fo feel free to have a read. It sparked a whole bunch of discussion, with 50 comments, which is really quite a lot for that particular blog, so I must have struck a nerve!

Glitch
07-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Snape kills Dumbeldore.

moocow
07-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Snape kills Dumbeldore.

lmfao, why did I laugh so hard when I read this?

Monica
07-10-2006, 12:00 PM
lmfao, why did I laugh so hard when I read this?

Maybe because the 10th Doctor (Tennant) was Barty Crouch Jr. in Harry Potter 4? Glitch's post cracked me up too! :D

Darth Marsden
07-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Darth Vader is Luke's father.

The woman in The Crying Game was actually a man.

Bruce Willis was a ghost.

Rosebud was a sled.

Sephiroth kills Aeris.

The Blair Witch Project isn't real.

Mark asks Bridget Jones to marry him.

Bond's wife is killed by Blofeld in a drive-by.

Sandy gets slutted-up and wins back John Travolta.

Doofy isn't retarded, he's the killer.

Kenny wishes everything back to the way it was before taking off his hood.

Lois dies, but Superman spins around the Earth and it goes back in time so he can save her.

Man, this is just so much fun.

Monica
07-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Ooooh, I wanna play!

Seymour kills Audrey II. (in the movie)
Charlie and Itchy go to heaven, and Carface, ahem, doesn't. (in #2)

Darth Marsden
07-10-2006, 12:49 PM
King Kong dies.

Neo dies.

The Green Goblin dies.

Spock dies. (Then comes back)

Romeo 'dies', then Juliet drinks poison, Romeo comes out of his 'death', Juliet dies, and then Romeo kills himself.

Masamune
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Neo dies.
Neo didn't fucking die. Don't you ever say that.

Darth Marsden
07-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Neo didn't fucking die. Don't you ever say that.
Ooo, someone's got a crush...

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Neo died, man. Then he came back. Did you even see the first Matrix?

Brasel
07-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Romeo 'dies', then Juliet drinks poison, Romeo comes out of his 'death', Juliet dies, and then Romeo kills himself.

Backwards. Juliet 'dies', then Romeo drinks poison.

JULIET
Go, get thee hence, for I will not away.

What's here? a cup, closed in my true love's hand?
Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end:
O churl! drunk all, and left no friendly drop
To help me after? I will kiss thy lips;
Haply some poison yet doth hang on them,
To make die with a restorative.

Darth Marsden
07-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Neo died, man. Then he came back. Did you even see the first Matrix?
Yes, and I love it. But did you see the last one?

Backwards. Juliet 'dies', then Romeo drinks poison.
Oh yeah. Oops. It's been a while.

Archibaldo
07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Snape kills Dumbeldore.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU BITCH!

EDIT: I got some,

You're Darth Revan

Sophie is a decendant of Jesus

The answer to life, the universe and everything is 42

Kratos is Lloyd's father

Maggie shot Mr. Burns

Dechipher
07-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Seriously this is getting fuckin ridiculous.

Monica
07-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Hmmm yeah I guess you're right...sorry...^^ If you guys feel the topic has gotten too Spammy, we can go back to discussing Doctor Who?

Darth Marsden
07-11-2006, 04:10 AM
Hey, Glitch started it!

...but yeah, it is getting a bit over the top. Let's move on, shall we?

moocow
07-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Agreed, this has gotten a little ridiculous. I'll move it to forum games and you all can continue to do whatever it is you're doing there.

Darth Marsden
07-12-2006, 04:09 AM
...well, that killed this thread dead. Thanks a bunch mooie. :(

moocow
07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Or, you could go back to doing what you were doing in this thread anyway?

Spoiling movies, right? So spoil away. When people are making post after post of movie spoilers, it needs to either go here or the Entertainment forum. I chose here because it seemed more like a game to me. *shrug* Sorry.

Verman
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Billie Piper is hot as hell.

http://hem.passagen.se/demonskin/q/g/images/Billie_Piper-Apr2K5-Arena3.jpg

http://www.tunepix.com/graphics/billie_piper_2.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/johnrobinson10/scansp/piper/Billie%20Piper98.jpg

Much better darkhaired. you have to copy paste the last one, i fucked up the anchors on purpose cause I can't get the damned thing to quit linking..

Darth Marsden
07-12-2006, 08:51 AM
That's a matter of personal opinion Vern. Frankly, she doesn't do a thing for me, but then again I don't like Rachel Stevens either, so there's probably something very, very wrong with me.

Samuel L Jackson was behind Bruce Willis' power-incuding accident.

Allen Quartermain dies, but is ressurected.

Verman
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
She is hot... Hannah sperritt is hotter as is Jo O'Meara though :P

but meh I regress.

Darth Marsden
07-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Finally! Someone else who likes Hannah Spearrit! I'm not alone! Praise Allah!

Everyone's part of a sample audience playing the game transCendenZ.

The King of Thieves is actually Aladdin's father.

Stifler's mom has sex with Finch while Jim realises he's in love with Michelle.