PDA

View Full Version : How do I set the start position of Link?

Pages : 1 [2]

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 06:24 PM
alright but what does the save point combo tile look like? O_o

edit:New new test sorry again. LOL.

A bit more of the overworld has been added and all the NES SFX have been taken out execpt for ganon and zelda(I Need those files).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z7J3CCQR

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 07:14 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89446

if you need a password to look at it, just ask... thats my first attempt at a public quest which ive kinda given up till 2.11 gets released... its a hard quest and 'should' be beateble...

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks franpa ill deffantly check it out. please give me feed back on mine ^_^

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
i'll check it at 5:1opm gmt+10 time (approx.)

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow Franpa very nice layout I like it. :D I went to the "shop" and got owned by darknuts XD. oh yeah fill free to use my SFX file for any of your future quest. I thank freedom for supplying me with it and I modified it with LttP/OoT SFX(I need to change the ganon and zelda ones still.)

edit:I wanna change my sword beam animation to that of LttP's is there any sprites for this?

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 07:23 PM
where in the quest exactly did you die? room directly up above the entrance? because i've managed to beat the dungeon without cheats... but only once... wait for the dungeon boss... and theres a realy tough area thats not really acessible till later in the quest but yea you normaly cant access there without cheats in this beta version of the quest.

edit: there should only be 1 room with darknuts in it that you need to beat.
edit2: dungeon 2 was getting a bit to complicated for what i wanted done and as such there is more then likely lotsa bugs in it... but i dunno i worked around some while others are just a pain for my style of dungeon... unless i make multiple dungeons.

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 07:27 PM
yeah the room with the darknuts. but I will deffantly play more if it later it looks really interesting :).

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 07:30 PM
np and if its pasworded just contact me as im unsure if i did or not... i think i did in the latest beta but im unsure. (2.11b10b is a required component for my quest)

edit: something freaky happened when updating a post in that thread and it deleted stuff instead of updating... and now im very angry. do not use zc 2.11 beta 10b instead use zc 2.11 beta 10.

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 07:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/ZeldaPOTTLogo.jpg

How could I go about using this as my logo? I made this in Photoshop..if someone could help get me started or make it useable as a logo for me that'd be great.

Freedom
07-04-2006, 07:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/ZeldaPOTTLogo.jpg

How could I go about using this as my logo? I made this in Photoshop..if someone could help get me started or make it useable as a logo for me that'd be great.

That's real nice, but you'll never get it in Zelda Classic.
You have to use either gif or bmp, Jpg's won't work, and you need to use 16 colors otherwise your going to spend days trying to color it.
the image also needs to be 256 pixils wide by 176 pixils high, sicne ZC blows them up so big.

Nicholas Steel
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
im better now.... it was just a freaky glitch that hid the top most post...

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 08:06 PM
That's real nice, but you'll never get it in Zelda Classic.
You have to use either gif or bmp, Jpg's won't work, and you need to use 16 colors otherwise your going to spend days trying to color it.
the image also needs to be 256 pixils wide by 176 pixils high, sicne ZC blows them up so big.

16 colors?

what If I just resized it as a bmp? O.o

Freedom
07-04-2006, 08:11 PM
still too many colors.
you can do the link separate from the background, and then add it on the layer above the background, like do a black screen on layer 1, the background on layer 2, and then Link on layer 3.
You can use 256 colors IN zc but you would have to color them that IN zc, otherwise the palettes won't be anywhere close

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't know how to color in ZC o_o that sounds like it would be hell.

Freedom
07-04-2006, 08:27 PM
go into the tile pages, and click on a tile and click edit.
you color 1 16x16 tile at a time.
Yep it could be rough if you wanted to hand color a whole screen for an intro, that's why I said to use Paint shop and reduce the image to 16 colors, then if you want more detail you can do another image and layer it above.

Nice intro screens take a lot of work normally

Open Swansong in the editor and look how it's intro is pieced together

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 08:41 PM
man My overworld is lookin kind of plain.. I wanna make it look exciting..and fun not just green grass here a few trees there..

edit:Oh yay I made a bridge...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Bridge.jpg

edit:How do I make it so a person will be able to read a sign?

Freedom
07-04-2006, 09:51 PM
edit:How do I make it so a person will be able to read a sign?

make an identical screen (copy/paste) and place a warp tile in front of your sign to take you there as a direct insta warp, then on the screen that has the signs words, move the warp tile back a couple of tiles, so when link turns and walks away it sends him back to screen 1

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
here is my latest version of my game.. more overworld exploration..maybe you could make the sign outside of the Hyrule Castle say.

"This is a save spot you can save your games on these."

for me so I can look how you did it. and please give me feed back on the overworld layout i need to know how to make it look even better..it looks..plain -_-.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGHIUW3M

edit:^^I had to fix the link.

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 10:28 PM
(sorry for double post)
Wait Freedom I have to fix the bridge don't download that one.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHXU1OS6

^^get that one

Freedom
07-04-2006, 10:32 PM
You can't save and warp with the same tile, if signs are going to be save spots, then you'll have to do without the words.

You can look in swansong to see the principle at work, just find someone you can walk up to and talk to, it's done the same way.

I haven't been downloading your quests since the one I corrected for you, I tried to grab that one that pineconn uploaded but the link didn't work.
I'll help you with moral support and advice where I can, but I can't be building your quest, I'm working on two of my own, and helping some other folks too, that's why I gave you the password to swansong, it shows most of what you need to know and only lacks the new features that just came out with the 2.11b10b.

If you look in swansong it will show you how to not only walk over that bridge but allow you to swim under it too.

(Shadow)
07-04-2006, 10:35 PM
no no signs arent save points it's just pointing out the tile next to it are save points.

edit:here is a latest screenie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Linkbridge.jpg

Link Fighting off moblins on the bridge

Freedom
07-04-2006, 10:47 PM
those round rocks are used wrong, those with the shadows like that go on the right edge of the water, there should be some that have even round shadows for in the middle, and there should be one for the left side too

Pineconn
07-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Saw but two things playing through.

1) In the last room of Hyrule Castle, I missed changing the short wall (the lines don't line up). Just make it so that it's the same as any other similar wall structure in the castle.

2) In the 2nd screen of the overworld, you can walk on top of some of the large tree. Make the parts that you shouldn't walk on solid.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 12:00 AM
pine did you get the newest newst version? with the longer overworld?(I don't know what to put on it to make it look good..not enough Lttp Tiles?)

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 12:03 AM
You can't save and warp with the same tile, if signs are going to be save spots, then you'll have to do without the words.

You can look in swansong to see the principle at work, just find someone you can walk up to and talk to, it's done the same way.

I haven't been downloading your quests since the one I corrected for you, I tried to grab that one that pineconn uploaded but the link didn't work.
I'll help you with moral support and advice where I can, but I can't be building your quest, I'm working on two of my own, and helping some other folks too, that's why I gave you the password to swansong, it shows most of what you need to know and only lacks the new features that just came out with the 2.11b10b.

If you look in swansong it will show you how to not only walk over that bridge but allow you to swim under it too.

You GAVE me the password? where? :o i cant see any PM messages..

edit:Sorry for the double post..hmm I wonder if this topic has helped other people besides me >_>

edit:OOOOH No wonder..I didnt know you had to TURN on PMs.. -_-

Pineconn
07-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Lol, I'll download it. More feedback sometime tomorrow. *downloads, logs off* Just fix those 2 things. ;)

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 12:59 AM
pine thanks for testing for me. you should come to my forums(in my sig) and come to the chat room im really active there and maybe if you talk to me while in the chat room stuff could be explaind alot easier and ill understand better(I useully understand better when where chattin live)

Freedom
07-05-2006, 01:00 AM
I gave you the password in a post several posts back, it's gleeok3
I thought maybe you didn't have enough posts yet for PM's to work, some things here go by the number of posts a person has.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 01:01 AM
serious? :o thats really messed. anyways I was playing your swansong quest and I really like it. very nice lay out! and it plays really great :D.

Freedom
07-05-2006, 01:05 AM
when you want to see how to make something work you can just open it in the editor and look at it screen by screen, it uses all the weapons/items secret combos, tricks etc. like over under bridges, jumping etc.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 01:07 AM
jesus man.. thats alot of screens.. O.O

Freedom
07-05-2006, 01:11 AM
and a lot of maps, and that's only a one map overworld, usually everyone uses two maps for an overworld.

Anyway, that's how I started learning was to look through Prince's revenge 2 quest, that helped me more than all the tutorials in the world.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 01:14 AM
well just by playing your swan quest.. I just have to rate it 10/10 that quest is amazingly laid out.

Freedom
07-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks, it's getting pretty old now though, seems like ages ago I did it, and I've forgotten a lot about it

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 09:01 AM
mooooorning all I hope everyone had a happy 4th ^_^

edit:Pine Don't Edit that version because im going to upload a more consistant version(i had already started building)

edit:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6FSR1PUH LATEST TEST! I fixed some inconsistances(I think) and added a bit more up to the entrance of the first dungeon

edit:Why Does it play the message text noise after I pickup a rupee or whatever!?

Freedom
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
mooooorning all I hope everyone had a happy 4th ^_^
edit:Why Does it play the message text noise after I pickup a rupee or whatever!?

Did you change that sound when you changed the sfx.dat?

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 12:20 PM
yeah I did. I made the msg sound that of LttP

edit:http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=504 I wanna put this in my tileset but it looks really hard. :( I don't know how to put these in. last time I tried to do these it looked like crap. and I don't know how to make them animate

Edit:ANOTHER New test.. this one fixes some glitches I guess.. if your going to edit it pineconn let it be this one because I need to know when I can continue to build..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T10T73PZ

Edit:Pine I just went back just now and fixed the hyrule castle line error. and the tree errors are fixed So I guess ya don't need to edit it ^_^

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Blah my tiles are NOT the same colors WTF?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/LttPLVL1.png

^^LTTP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Mytiles.jpg

Mine..How can I get them to be the same?

edit:Bah sorry for the double post -_-

Freedom
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Probably Just have to look through your palettes to find the right one

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
eh? here is MY level 1 entrance.. looks like your walking in to a black and white movie.and this scene isnt on another DMap its on the Overworldmap..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Level1.jpg

Freedom
07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
You have level palettes for the overworld just like you do for dungeons or any other screens.
What level palette you set in your dmap displays when you warp to that dmap, until you warp to another dmap with a different palette.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Would it be possible to just change the color of it? how come if I do it on a diffrent DM Map layer it doesnt show up as that color on the other one?

edit:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/zelda037.jpg

Could someone put that entrance tile in my game? I tried to but the colors all jacked up. here is the latest version. I'd appreceate it!! just make it a bmp.

I need it in the tileset that is. I put it in and the colors are all warped and solarized

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BAFUGT66

Freedom
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
When you are on a screen you warped there from a dmap, right from the start of the game.

Dmaps are what set the properties of the screen, you can use as many dmaps as you want on a map.

When you are on a screen, the colors you see were determined by the dmap that warped you to that screen, and the level palette that shows is the one you have chosen in the dmap,
csets 2,3,4 and 9 make up a level palette, and they are replaced in the main palette, when you warp from one dmap to another.

On the overworld, if you are in the swamp, and want the next screen to be a desert with different colors, then you set a sidewarp to that screen/area and that's how you change the color, music, etc, by changing from one dmap to another through a warp.

so to get that eastern palace area to look right, then you need to build a dmap for it using the correct level palette for that area, and then set a sidewarp to change those properties.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 05:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/LinkLevel1.jpg

Here is what it looks like right there..

if possible do you think you could put that palace entrance tile in my set? because it looks all bleh the colors don't look right for me. I got the shot from the subscreen qst

edit:eather you or pineconn can. because I simply canno't get the Dungeon Entrance Tile to look right at all.

Freedom
07-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I don't think you're listening to what I'm trying to tell you about how level palettes work.....

Another thing, If you're going to grab tiles and don't want to recolor them, then you need to grab them from other pure sets, that have matching palettes, the subscreen.qst uses newfirst and that's not even close to the palettes you are using.
Recoloring tiles is very time consuming.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 05:26 PM
ah. I understand what your saying about level pallets yeah I can do that easily. but do you know of any pure sets that HAVE that entrance?

edit:I think PureTiles Release 2 has it.. if i rip it from there should it import just fine?

edit:AHA I got it now yay. Thanks anyways :P. no need to recolor heh. and thanks for your continuous moral help it helps alot freedom ^_^

Freedom
07-05-2006, 05:32 PM
I really don't like pure sets, I did a half of a Robinhood quest last year as a demo for the expo, a different one than I gave to you.
So I don't know what pure sets have what tiles.

That was why I suggested you get Orion's LTTP set, since you wanted to do a LTTP style quest, because it's my understanding that it has ALL of the lttp tiles. ;)

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Well I started using that set at first but all the enemies where jacked up and I showed you guys what happend before then I was recommended the PURE tile set.

Freedom
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
That was pineconn that recomended the pure, I came back and told you about Orion's lttptileset2.4.
I knew that pure wouldn't have all the lttp tiles and told you so, and you said it would be ok. ;)

Pineconn
07-05-2006, 06:03 PM
What can I say? :shrug: Pure meets up to my needs. ;)

If you haven't already fixed it, much of your overworld doesn't line up with the adjacent screen. That's actually very bad. As a suggestion, you should go to Etc -> Options. Check "Show Misaligns." A flashing arrow will appear wherever two combos' solid areas don't line up.

Also, I know it's just your first quest, but there is quite a bit of detail that is lacking. I know that playability becomes before aesthetics, but much of the grassy area is plain. Adding grassy texture would greatly improve the overall appearance. Again, just my opinion.

Freedom
07-05-2006, 06:09 PM
What can I say? :shrug: Pure meets up to my needs. ;)

I guess my whole point is, Shadow, you keep asking me to add and recolor tiles for you, and that is extramly time comsuming.
It would take months to turn a pure set into a lttp set, and I just really don't want to get involved in all of that, I have other things that I'm doing with my time.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
yeah sorry bout that. but hey pineconn don't worry bout it I fixed a bunch of missaligns too.

Pineconn
07-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah. I don't know about Freedom, but I don't plan on downloading and playing through your quest all the way up to the end. I'll gladly help you until you have the feel of it and enough, ah, what's the word... confidence?... to be able to continue without much assistance. Of course, if you're stuck, I can and will help. :) I hope that wasn't harsh, I just want you to know I, too, am building a quest (using Pure, mind you :tongue: ) and don't have enough time to change pallettes/fix sprites/etc... But for now, I will.

And with that, I'll download your most recent version!

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey yeah let me get my recent version up for you. dont download the last link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Level1Beta.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Level1Beta2.jpg

Why does my level 1 have a doorway in it when it should have the other like in the 2nd shot?

Freedom
07-05-2006, 06:34 PM
There are "sorta" two ways to start quest building Shadow.

1) just build one straight out with what the tileset has

2) learn everything about how the program works first so you can build using exactly what you want, how you want it.

either way your first quest is going to pretty much suck, everyone elses always does, because it's always a learning experience.
One of the few exceptions is someone like shoelace that spent almost 2 years on his first quest or maybe even 3, and went back and changed tons of stuff along the way, and even when he did finish and release it, he wasn't happy with how everything turned out.

my first quest was done in the 190 and with standard LOZ graphics, and I never released it.

It takes a long time to learn everything about the program, and by the time you do, you realize a lot of the stuff you already did, you did wrong.

It's best to not work so hard at building a quest and to work harder at learning how everything works, because not understanding fully about palettes, dmaps, warping, tile layout etc hurts the quality of the quest very noticably.
Everyone makes the same mistake, they want so badly to get a game built that they just try to ram on through and "geter done" and then they are so disappointed they either quit using ZC or they hurry to try and build another quest to vindicate their bad name for the first one they released. ;)

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 06:37 PM
well this is my 2nd Quest. my first one I did with orginal LoZ graphics along time ago. Im like relearning all over again :P

and yeah I used 190. I made it when ZC first came out but I never released it to here or anything now ive lost it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ODGA58N4 <--newest and last release on here for a bit.

Freedom
07-05-2006, 06:47 PM
190 and 2.11b10b are two different worlds.
b10b is 40 times more complicated than 190 ever was.
everything I ever learned in 190 is pretty much a lost cause now.
The buggy whip gave way to the automobile. ;)

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
yeah so I guess as this counts as my first advanced quest then? :P

edit:btw how do I turn up the volume on the SPCS? i see for midis but not SPCs..

Freedom
07-05-2006, 07:04 PM
You can't yet.
If you have a program to work with music files you can amplify them.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 07:09 PM
aye I Do have a program but I dunno what Can I amp SPCS with?

edit:Also Im trying to make my walls like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Triforcenotblack.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Level1Walls.jpg <--this is mine.. which tiles am I not selecting correctly?

Freedom
07-05-2006, 07:25 PM
the first tile in that dungeon set is the top corner, they are lumped all for corners together, the first one goes 1 tile in from the top left corner of the screen and another 1 tile down from top left

the 4 below those 4 are the bottom corner tiles it would go 1 tile down and 1 tile in from the top corner

the one that is highlighted is the bottom outside corner, one of those goes on each side of the bottom corner above.

you'll see how they start lining up then probably

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Also why does mine show a regular door when his doesnt?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Level1Beta.jpg

edit::ahhh now its starting to lump togeather I see now ^_^

Freedom
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
It's that same door tile I told you about the other day, that you had out in the middle of the floor.
You have to paint it in, you can't intall it with the doors tool.
If you put it in with the doors tool you have to go back to the door set and put wall in, and then hand paint the door in

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
nah its a diffrent one its the from that tile set from above. I deleted that door and I painted that one in..

edit:I think I got it now nvm.

Pineconn
07-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Your overworld is beginning to look much better. If I were you, I would set up a 2nd download link so that I have to only download just the quest and not redownload the same sfx.dat (why is that 4 megabytes?!?!), etc.

You can use MIDIs instead of SPCs (which I've never heard of) if you want them to be louder. LttP music can be easily be remade into MIDIs, so much of the LttP music can be found at vgmusic.com.

Also, there are still misaligns in your 2nd-to-last version. I don't know about the latest, for I haven't downloaded it. You really should go to Etc -> Options and turn on "Show Misaligns."

Almost forgot. I can still walk on the big tree two screens south of Hyrule Castle. The last room of Hyrule Castle still hasn't been fixed, either. You know, the wall thing. The lines don't match up.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 07:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/Overheadmessedup.jpg

some reason my overhead is messed up. and I cant exit now O_o

and can you take a pic of the trees that you walked on?

i could of sworn i fixed the wall. it should be fixed in the last link i posted.

Pineconn
07-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Sure thing, I'll get the tree...

EDIT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/tree1.png
It's the SW-most tree (the really big one!).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/tree2.png
This is what it looks like by terms of solidity. Link can walk on the part of the tree you can still see.

(Shadow)
07-05-2006, 08:08 PM
ahh ok Ill fix that right away! ^_^

Pineconn
07-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Great. :) Look at the time -- I have to go. I won't be here tomorrow (going to an amusement park!), so I will on Friday.

The Destroyed
07-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Shadow, this quest is hardcore. The first room has 3 darknuts, and the other ones have many goriyas, and little room to move in. Also, in the room where you start, you can walk on the lamps. I am playing it right now, its real hard.

EDIT-Alright, I just got the boomerang, its not as hard now.
EDIT AGAIN-...I dont know why...but I really enjoy this..Lol, work faster so I can beat this!

(Shadow)
07-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Haha Thanks Glad you liked it. Ill be working hard to make this quest as enjoyable as possible! ^_^.. im currently working on the first dungeon..then when I was looking for sounds..I stumbled apon this..and posted it on my forums..

http://wifiuniverse.proboards99.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=zeldaoot&thread=1152146858&page=1

(Shadow)
07-06-2006, 06:32 PM
sorry havent posted much ive been doing alot of OoT beta Stuff..

http://wifiuniverse.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=zeldaoot&action=display&thread=1152146858&page=4

Take a look

(Shadow)
07-07-2006, 11:53 PM
[edited because it really had nothing to do this entire topic]

Pineconn
07-08-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm back... but I'll be gone for a few more days... :( Why the OoT videos?

(Shadow)
07-08-2006, 03:00 AM
because just showing you how i h4x0rd OoT :P

(Shadow)
07-09-2006, 01:18 AM
[edited because it really had nothing to do with this entire topic]

(Shadow)
07-11-2006, 01:10 PM
ok now im back to work on my quest. I have A question how Would I Make link switch between demensions like in LttP?

DarkFlameWolf
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Shadow, this topic is for Zquest editor help, not showing off your OOT hacking videos. Try to respect that.
And to answer your question, you have two different maps, make them as you will into light and dark worlds. (I'll leave that detailing to your discretion) and you set a warp combo tile between the two worlds (maybe in the same spot if you want Link to travel back and forth in that very spot) and set up a Tile Warp between the two maps. Make sure each map has its own Dmap so the tile warp knows where to warp Link to.

(Shadow)
07-11-2006, 01:30 PM
ah ok. sorry bout the OoT vids and thank you for the help :)

Pineconn
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
:surprise: Whoa, what are you doing here?! I thought you weren't coming back for awhile because of your training!!

Anyway...! I hope you aren't planning on using an item, like in LttP, to switch between the two worlds. There really is no good way to do that, except maybe some funky whistle-triggering-warp tricks. Out of curiosity, are the two worlds going to be nearly similar to the other?

(Shadow)
07-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Sorta they will be yeah. in a way. kinda like LttP. execpt im going to mix it up a bit and change it up. they will be diffrent from each other though.

Here is a video of my game in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHbWWxrQ3MA

(Shadow)
07-12-2006, 10:21 AM
ok im having trouble with my dungeon warp to the item. room. what values do I need to set? im going from screen 61 to 86 .. and I clicked on GO and It still stays on the same screen? im doing tile warp but what am I doing wrong? I also made it an armos secret? I wanna make it a block secret but im not sure where to go with that.

Freedom
07-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Item room in screen 80, or is it 81... I forget which right now, but I know it isn't 86.
and you don't use the armos=item flag. ;)

(Shadow)
07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Can you take a look at it for me? and tell me what I did wrong so I Can fix it?

i copied the item room screen in my level 1 dungeon not hyrule castle btw

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40H80005

THis is just the quest file.

edit:Never mind I fixed it!

Edit:wait no i didnt.. -_- i want the thing to show up when I kill eneimies but the warp takes me to some black area wtf

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Did you specify what kind of warp you want to use? Also, I don't think you can warp to screen 86.

Freedom it's screen 81, the item room.

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah How do I make it warp me out after I grab the triforce peice?

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Set the side warp without highlighting any of the directions and assign the position you want to warp to.

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 02:43 PM
how will i be sure it will happen when I pickup the triforce?

edit:well i did some testing and that worked. just a few things.. my boss didnt show up and .. the triforce texture im walking under it? wtf? and my item didnt show up in the item room..

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Open your quest in ZC and play it. Lots of authors do that.

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 02:55 PM
and why does my map and compass already shown to have been gotten for? >_<

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Is the level numer correct? If you've completed an area with that level #, it'll happen.

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 03:02 PM
ahhh ok that makes sense thanks. and I want the Special stair case to appear after an enemy has been killed but it shows there automaticly when im there? why? and why does the triforce emblem appear over my head? ill have to take screenshots.

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 03:04 PM
To get the stairs to appear after the enemies, select the enemies->secret screen flag.
The triforce will always appear over your head. There is nothing you can do about that.

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
no not the item triforce i ment the texture lol. look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/EnemiesSecret.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/TriforceTexture.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/NoItem.jpg No Item in secret room?

also when I go in to the room where the girl tells me about stuff it just freezes and i cant move?

edit:here is the file have a look for your self.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSEIKFDN

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 03:22 PM
If there is no item in the room, you need to set the room type to special item. Then press "A" and select the item.

When someone is saying something to you, Link must alway come in form the sides in the middle or the bottom.

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 03:23 PM
well link is coming from the bottom from a door.

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Make sure everything is walkable. Does the game freeze or does Link not move?

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Well I fixed the talking part now. it was the strings and i had it set treat as cave room lol. but what about the item room? I set it to secret item and its still not showing up and the armos secret stair case is still there.. and whats up with this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/TriforceTexture2.jpg

and the room across where my boss room is I can't get in to it.. O_o wtf? the door that holds the boss key..i like can't go in!?

edit:I fixed the boss key room. but the armos thing and the triforce glitch is the only thing i need to fix and i dont know how.

Freedom
07-13-2006, 04:02 PM
you put the stair in secret combo 16 and then place flag 16 where you want the stair to appear, then you select enemies=secrets.

the triforce is on layer 3 or above and tranparent is checked in your screenshot.

(Shadow)
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
alright sweet thank you!

but what about my item not showing up in my item room?

rocksfan13
07-13-2006, 06:35 PM
You need to set the room type to special item, like I said earlier. Press "R", then select special item. Press "A" and select the item that you want Link to get.

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 10:11 AM
ahh thank you I think I got it now thanks! ^_^

edit:eh now its not transporting me to the right room. but I DID get the staircase to show up after eneimies have been killed. I changed the secret room to screen 60 but it transports me to a black room?WTF?

edit:ALSO how come when I grab the triforce i see 2 Parts of it in my subscreen?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/TriforcePeice.jpg

and the triforce texture in the boss room is still jacked up.

edit:well I ditched the Item room and made a seperate room. for some reason my arrows wont fire when i pick up the arrow. and then the game freezes link in place and I can't move why? everything else worse but i cant move or use the b button or attack?

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 12:58 PM
anyone?

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 01:12 PM
If this is 2.11 I am not sure,but in the editor check the passability
by pressing W.(if Link is on the edge of the screen he cant attack)
Double post...;)

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah link is ON the screen. yeah I know it was a double post no one would respond -_-. i checked the passibilty and link can walk I just don't know why i couldent move?

edit:yeah it is 2.11 but what is with my triforce subscreen?

now i can't move at the start of the dungeon WTF?! it just says the intro text on it and i can't move... what the hell?

Can Someone PLEASE Take a look and tell me WHY i can't move?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NZ0G408U

edit..well i speeded through the text and i couldent move now i can just fine.. odd

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 01:41 PM
As for the Triforce thing,check what rules you have on.
There is a rule that says somthing like, Big Triforce Pieces.
There is also one that says, 3 Or 6 Triforce.
(if one of them is checked then that could happen):rolleyes:

Kinda off topic but do messages appear when I am on the same screen when they get posted?
Never mind. (I have to go out and then back in,or re load the page)

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 01:42 PM
ah ok i think i have them both checked Lol. anyways but my triforce texture is still jacked O_o in the boss room that is its still appearing overhead.. o-o

Freedom
07-15-2006, 01:42 PM
There's a bug in 10b that if you push the b button during text it freezes Link.
if you want to speed through text use the A button.

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 01:44 PM
^^thanks i was wondering why it froze. and I think I might have fixed the triforce texture problem i gotta go test it.

edit:nope still not fixed..wtf is going on? its fine in hyrule castle but not here?

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Arrrr!That made me chuckle!:lol:

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 01:52 PM
the texture is still not fixed.. -_-..i got the arrow problem sorted out but how can i see how many arrows I have left?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/TriforceTextureProblem.jpg

I tried messing with the layers and got nothing.. -_-

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Can you explane the texture problem?

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 01:58 PM
ahh nevermind I got it fixed now! YAY!

It appears it needed to be on the first layer >_>

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 02:12 PM
I think I had a texture problem with rain.I would set the rain on layer 6.
It looked normal there, but when I played the game the color changed
and it looked fuzzy!:scared:
What happend?

(if it seems like I pop in and out of here its because to see another reply I have to:( )

Hey Shadow, what was in the layer?It's the Triforce that was messed up insn't it?

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 02:27 PM
well im uploading a new video of my game and soon the demo shall be ready. :D

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Hmm...On that subject,how can I post demos?

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 02:32 PM
you zip your game up and upload it to a filesharing site for people download and play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svjv7OtmWIU

Newest Video of my game!

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks much!:D I will probably post a demo soon!No more than 2 weeks!:)
Is there any reccommended site?:confused:

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 02:40 PM
filelodge if it isnt being lame. or megaupload.

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks!:)
I am watching your video,but it is very slow!
DIAL UP BITES!:mad:

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 02:53 PM
it aint just your dialup its the framerate it was chopped in half due to the video recorder

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Ahh!Ok!
It sounds like you can make custom sounds in 2.11! Is that true?

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 02:58 PM
yeah with grabber. ask freedom on that one :P or view his website he has tutorials on that. anyways have fun with my demo.

Rulehy
07-15-2006, 03:03 PM
What about 2.10?:confused:
I am trying to edit the SFX.dat but my editor wants to know where it came
from!...? Do you know exatly where it came from?It didn't like what I put!:mad:

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 03:04 PM
like i said freedoms site has info about all that.

http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/zcquests.htm

oh yeah bombs are a MUST for the top room in the first level.. XD it may seem hard to get through but its possible ive almost done it but its possible lol.

edit:Where can I change the max ammount of rupees? i cant find the option -_-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JLNVD6T9 <--fixed demo

(Shadow)
07-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Sorry for double post but what the hell. why won't my arrows fire anymore if you die? what gives?

edit:here it is fixed the arrows now use money..untill i figure out why..it had true arrows on before.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAZRS1HH

(Shadow)
07-16-2006, 02:49 PM
gah now my shop isnt working.. I made a place for it and everything and when I enter it..yeah it takes me in there but there is NO ONE In there..when I go out the door then it takes me to the dude on a black screen? wtf?

rocksfan13
07-16-2006, 06:17 PM
You didn't set something up right. You must set the dmap that the shop is on to a number higher than "0". Otherwise the guy won't appear. The exit is simply a side warp not configured correctly. Make sure you aren't side warping into a cave/item room. Which sounds like your doing. And since you have the room set for special item and the guy set, when you warp out he shows up.

(Shadow)
07-16-2006, 10:38 PM
well the sidewarp i have it set for entrance/exit O_o

Freedom
07-16-2006, 10:44 PM
When you're setting up a shop as a separate room and not using screen 80 the rules change.
you put the shop, guy and string on the shop screen itself and not the screen before.
You also need to fill in a dmap for that shop and set that dmap in the warp that takes you there.

(Shadow)
07-16-2006, 10:47 PM
well yeah I did make a seperate Dmap. i made the room and everything.

Rulehy
07-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Try direct warps! If you copy the shop map and paste it in screen 80,
you can use a direct warp from the shop to get there.
(not sure if that works in 2.11)
Is this confusing?

Sorry! I cant think of anything that hasn't been said!:(

(Shadow)
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
has this topic helped anyone besides me? its pretty big o_o

WindStrike
07-18-2006, 03:14 PM
You've gained like, several hundred posts within several days... that's just insane.

If I decided to look through the rest of this thread myself, I probably would find it quite helpful. Considering the fact that you're getting help from the experts and professionals, I think that many other zquest newbies/rookies and all would probably find this slightly - greatly helpful as well.

And yes... that many posts within a few days is just uhh... big. Really big...

Rulehy
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Yah!Like a huge 16 pages!:googly:
This has helped me fix some bugs in my game!:)