PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.10 is crashing on me..

(Shadow)
06-30-2006, 06:19 PM
man its been along time since I used Zelda Classic I feel like a tottaly newbie again. I tottaly forgot how to do all this. anyways I can't save a quest file with out the program erroring and crashing.. and I want a good LttP Tile set..I find one but it crashes..and I can load up my saved quest? whats going on? help?

Nicholas Steel
06-30-2006, 11:11 PM
shrink your signature please.

(Shadow)
06-30-2006, 11:38 PM
I did o.o I had 3 images and I cut it down.

Nicholas Steel
06-30-2006, 11:58 PM
well i aint helping you till the height of your signature isnt longer then the average size of your messages.

Freedom
07-01-2006, 04:01 AM
(shadow),

What operating system you running? XP, 98?
What version of ZC are you using 192b184?, 2.10? 2.11b10b?
What version is the LTTP tileset you are trying to use?
Does the program allow you to play the 1st quest?
Are you trying to use import to add the tileset, or are you trying to use it as a quest file?

In order to get help, people will need as much info as posible as to what you have and what you are trying to do, and how you are trying to do it.

side note....
Your lower gif from filelodge isn't loading right, perhaps that is what has Franpa in a tizzy, I've set here for 5 minutes after my post to you waiting and it still hasn't loaded.

Nicholas Steel
07-01-2006, 04:36 AM
yea sorry.... i should be more specific with what annoys me... try resizing your images so that they are atleast 2 thirds there current size and somehow reduce the filesize of the gif.

top image = 65kb (which is good except for the physical size of the image) and the bottom gif is 3.45mb (which is incredibly large and slow at loading for the majority of users here)

(Shadow)
07-01-2006, 06:01 PM
(shadow),

What operating system you running? XP, 98?
What version of ZC are you using 192b184?, 2.10? 2.11b10b?
What version is the LTTP tileset you are trying to use?
Does the program allow you to play the 1st quest?
Are you trying to use import to add the tileset, or are you trying to use it as a quest file?

In order to get help, people will need as much info as posible as to what you have and what you are trying to do, and how you are trying to do it.

side note....
Your lower gif from filelodge isn't loading right, perhaps that is what has Franpa in a tizzy, I've set here for 5 minutes after my post to you waiting and it still hasn't loaded.

Windows XP

ZC 2.10(was) now using the ZC 2.11 beta but sometimes Zelda-W crashes my explorer when I close it out.

LttP Tile Set:http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=28

Allow me to play quest 1? yes.

Im importing the Lttp Graphics pack it says CANNOT Load and yet it loads it.

Nicholas Steel
07-01-2006, 08:14 PM
are you trying to load the tileset with zelda-w.exe or zquest.exe?
please use zquest for such tasks and zelda-w for playing.

and take note: importing is screwed in the latest public beta version of zelda classic version 2.11

thanks for managing your signature better.

(Shadow)
07-01-2006, 08:15 PM
ZQuest.

Nicholas Steel
07-01-2006, 08:17 PM
i edited my last post incase you didnt notice.

(Shadow)
07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/LinkFuckedup.jpg

What can I do about this?! and those damn black lines I cant fix it I don't know how! ;_;

Nicholas Steel
07-01-2006, 09:39 PM
are you using the same version of zquest that the tiles were made with?

(Shadow)
07-01-2006, 09:47 PM
i went back to zc 2.10 and this is the ERROR i get.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/DarkShadowRage/Zelda/ZquestError.jpg

Pineconn
07-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Send the error report. That will fix your problem.

:D

Is that what always happens? It gets to "Writing Doors..." and it crashes? Heh, I guess your doors are corrupt. No, no, probably not. Actually, I don't know how to help.

BTW, please shrink the images you are posting. They're too big on the screen, which makes them too big in size. I use an 800x600 display and I have boring and slow AOL dial-up. Just either shrink them or, in this case, crop them. We really don't need to see your chat room log, just ZQuest and the "We Need to Close" dialog box.

Nicholas Steel
07-01-2006, 11:03 PM
try saving the images in png format to have them smaller...