PDA

View Full Version : "hotel Hell" - Maribel Caves Hotel, Wi (My run in with the HAUNTED?)

punkonjunk1024
06-30-2006, 05:42 PM
So... I few guys I party with did some research on this hotel just outside Maribel, Wi, about 40 miles away from appleton, where they live.
Al Capone owned it, and it burnt down, twice. It's built over maribel caves. Blah blah blah. I have a belief that weird shit can happen (bermuda triangle?), but I'm well aware that most of this stuff is bullshit.

Well... If you saw it, you'd be scared stiff, right away. That place looks fucked up from the road. it glows a tad, but I think it might have been a lighting effect, not something stupid and spooky. It was very dark, but a few stars were out. *shrug*
So... I brought my camera. Another girl also brought a considerably cheaper Digital Camera.
Her digital camera screen broke for no apparent reason after about 30 minutes in the house. No ones cell phone camera could pick up anything but black, with any kind of flash lights or any lighting. They worked fine outside of that hotel.
When I tried to change my film roll on my extremely valuable camera, which has never malfuntioned before, the camera began to literally fall apart in my hands, pieces falling off, ect. The crank for the pictures fell right out when I was winding it, and it almost fell open. I managed to get it closed and restrained, when I returned, I used a dark windowless bathroom to roll the film into the canister by hand.

It's developing now, I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get them.

The place, overall, filled us with dread. We almost went up to the third floor, but because of alot of risks of the place falling apart, we decided to save it for another day, with a smaller crowd.

Anyone else had any interesting experiences with the supposedly haunted? I saw nothing out of the ordinary besides stupid teenager's gothic facination, and the mark that left in grafiti and pentagrams galore, but otherwise, it was just the feeling in the place, and how our cameras were acting.

Lilith
06-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes I do believe in haunted things and ghosts, but I wouldn't poke around looking for them. Being scared shitless isn't my idea of fun, kthx. Hiroshima was pretty creepy and someone supposedly saw a ghost there, but once again, def not searching. I get enough weird shit in my dreams and sleep paralysis. Also scientific explanation = magnetic fields lol. Prob killed your cams.

and the bermuda triangle happens because there's methane in the water (volcanos underneath it I think) that fucks with the water density and causes ships to lose buyoancy and sink very suddenly. Also might effects plane enginges. Don't want to think about it, too creepy of a way to die.

g4conman
06-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Once me and my brother were watching TV in our liveing room and my sister was in her room doing things with her hair, when we all heard a little girl scream, like reaking in pain scream, and my brother and sister went to the back room to see what is was while i got another sprite from the fridge and my brother and sister said they didnt find anything. Later we rememberd that when we bought the house that a father killed his daughter and hisself. The mother lived and sold the house for obvious reasons. The people that bought the house lived there for 7 years and then sold it to us.

That is the only weird ghost experience i've had. Other experienced i've had could be easly explained, like ghostly figures in our halls and junk like that.

Archibaldo
07-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I dunno, theres a house in my town that's supposedly haunted. It's a really nice house with alot of land. But every time I go by it, which is lmost every day as it's on the same route I take to school, it's always for sale. It's been for sale for as long as I can remember.

But for actualy ghost and hunting experiences, no. I've never had one.

punkonjunk1024
07-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Yes I do believe in haunted things and ghosts, but I wouldn't poke around looking for them. Being scared shitless isn't my idea of fun, kthx. Hiroshima was pretty creepy and someone supposedly saw a ghost there, but once again, def not searching. I get enough weird shit in my dreams and sleep paralysis. Also scientific explanation = magnetic fields lol. Prob killed your cams.

and the bermuda triangle happens because there's methane in the water (volcanos underneath it I think) that fucks with the water density and causes ships to lose buyoancy and sink very suddenly. Also might effects plane enginges. Don't want to think about it, too creepy of a way to die.

There are other very strange mechanical things in the bermuda triangle, like the counts of people picking up years old radio transmissions, ect.
I'm not some superstitious(sp) freak, and I believe there is a science to all of this, it's just a bit beyond us.

And being scared shitless is my idea of fun. D:

We went back again... we found the other basement, the one that was mentioned online as leading to the caves. Everyone felt sick down there, and it was mostly colapsed, so we couldn't really get around at all. I crawled through some shit, but when this drunk kid starting pulling on pipes and bricks, I decided it's time to leave the basement.

I also got my pictures devoloped. COINCIDENTALLY, immediately after my pictures ran through walgreen's one hour photo, the machine for processing film broke. Some of the negatives are green, and a few of the pictures are completely red washed. Most of the photos from the 2nd floor have some fucked up shit in them - 2 of them have something that looks alot like dried blood in the photos, that wasn't there when we went.
Which we checked when we went back last night ftw. It only showed up in the pictures. Another girl's camera broke last night, also.

Overall it was pretty sweet, but there was no exact "presence" in the building at all, or at least, we didn't encounter it. our group was probobly far too large, and far too drunk.

I'll post the pictures when they finish with them. I went back and demanded they print all of them, I paid for 24, and they only printed 10.

punkonjunk1024
07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I left the damn picture CD at my sisters house, but that link to my xanga in my sig has some of the pictures in it, when I get the better copy online, I'll post them.

So this sounds like a total avalanche of bullshit, so feel 100% free to completely disregard what I have to say as blatent E-narcisism, and some annoying emo kid trying to pretend he's some kind of ghost buster.

We went back a fourth time, with the intention to soley freak the shit out of these group of highschool juniors, one of them is a good friend of mine.
Something deeply disturbing had happened - The entire floorplan of the building had changed. A room moved over one, a room collapsed, and somehow, all the rubble of that second floor collapse managed to fall perfectly under the room adjecent to it, blocking off one of the stairs to the basement. But the strangest thing is what occupied the room that where the original "graffiti room" stood. A room is in there that was not there before. Now, we could have forgotten, or overlooked it... but it's far too vivid of a room. The room... is lined with undamaged cupboards. They're old, and damaged by weather, and the floor, ceiling, and surrounding walls all have clear smoldering, and fire damage, but the cupboards are completely unburnt. They're built-ins, too, so they couldn't have been added. In addition to this room, a window in the basement dissapeared, not bricked in, but vanished (3 or us sat in the windows for whatever reason, one per window, while we were chillin' in the basement the first night, ironically, the reported "centre" of the haunting shit) and there were only 2 windows. A mess of graffiti was where the third belonged. The well to it had vanished outside, as well.

In addition, a window on the third floor had vanished, which we photographed, which promptly returned THE NEXT NIGHT. However, the fifth night, nothing had changed but the return of that window.

Additionally, the set of stairs to the third floor was originally almost completely detached, and bent crooked at almost 30 degrees from the hallway on the second floor, which was mostly decomposed, so the stairs couldn't be reached either way.
However, the 4th night, these stairs somehow were reattached to the third floor, and the hallway to it had become complete to the end of the stairs.

On the fifth night, I climbed them, and was filled with dread. The stairs began to collapse, so we decided we'd return at a later date with some climbing equipment, and we'll just scale the walls.

The room that appeared on the first floor (looking at our floorplan sketches, it would be over the window that dissapeared) has a very, very, very distinct pressure and temperature drop when you move into it, and out of it. Our sceptical tag along felt it, and immediately fled. She doesn't believe in any type of ethereal possibility beyond magnetic disturbances. She feels thats the explanation to everything supernatural. She refuses to discuss this occurance at all, however.

We're all very disturbed that this occured, and no rationalizations actually fill any of the holes as to why the stairs moved, and why that room appeared in there. We could have overlooked details with all the changing windows, but not an entire room. No way at all.

We've decided to make this an entire passtime - the statement of luke, the guy who organized all of this originally, and co-leader of what we do, stated last night "who needs heroin when we can just get the living shit scared out of us?"

We visited another "haunted" place last night, but it was a fuckhole. The aesthetics(sp?) were that of silent hill's school, without a doubt, it looked freaky. But none of the feeling from hotel hell was there. No "bad vibes" or anything. Much, much more normal place, even though it was a 6 floor abandoned prep school, it wasn't scary at all. It looked creepy as hell, but it didn't "feel" creepy.

However, we may have been in the wrong building - Supposedly, the grounds were home to some strange suicide cult that was all burried there. the guys were too tired to continue exploring the building or the grounds, and I've seen enough shitty teenage horror movies to know you don't wander off alone.

Tonight we're visiting another place in white law, an abandoned hospital. I've discovered that directions to almost any place at all are extremely easy to find if you know the name of the building.

I guess... Those of you who believe this is possible, what do you think?
And sceptics? A logical explanation that doesn't relate to memory or forgetfulness of a group of 14?
The thing that's getting me really funny... in hotel hell... that room that appeared... will it leave again? where will I be if I manage to figure out what causes the hotel to change, and where would that room take me if I stayed in it over that time?

It kinda makes me think of event horizon, but I don't think movies are a great thing to use as a basis for this type of thing.

Man though, this stuff is really exciting.

jessethe2nd
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Sounds cool... I think im gonna hit the net and see If I can find any place that is said to be haunted around spokane... I have heard some weird shit has happened around here. whole city burned down in the early 1900's and I have heard of a haunted house on the south end of town. Its a mansion 13 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms if I remember correctly.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just looked up this hotel... It does look kind of freaky.

http://www.unexplainedresearch.com/images/hell_hotel1.jpg

http://www.unexplainedresearch.com/files_spectrology/maribel_hotel_hell.html

Aegix Drakan
07-11-2006, 09:08 PM
what the?

missing windows? vanishing rooms? WTF?

freaky...:scared:

I don't believe in ghosts PER SAY, but I do believe that if a person, or some other sentient being dies horribly someplace, they will leave an imprint of their spirit behind. THAT is what I think causes all the freaky stuff.

though there would have to be a HECK of a lot of spiritual imprints to cause a whole room to vanish.

punkonjunk1024
07-12-2006, 04:51 PM
um... Know whats wierd about that picture? I need to go and get a few... because the layout of the windows when we've been there were distintly different. *shrug*

Sweet info though.