PDA

View Full Version : qst_dir setting in CFG file changes

unclet
06-28-2006, 05:06 PM
I have ZC installed in the "Z:\" directory. In this directory I created a subdirectory called "quests" which has individual folders (one for each quest) to group all related quest files (MP3, DAT, QST, etc..) together.

for example: z:\quests\LinksRetirement3\link3.qst

I can open "zelda-w.exe", select a custom quest (ie: LinksRetirement3 "link3.qst" file) by clicking the BROWSE button and searching for it on my harddrive. If I then exit the "zelda-w.exe" application and edit the "ag.cfg" file, I notice the following line indicating the path to my quest file (which is good):

qst_dir = z:\quests\LinksRetirement3\link3.qst

Now, when I restart the "zelda-w.exe" application, I notice the "qst_dir" setting in the "ag.cfg" file is reset to the default path as follows:

qst_dir = z:\

As a result, when I try to press START to continue playing LinksRetirement3 quest, then I get a "Error Loading" window which pops up indicating the "Z:\link3.qst" file can not be found. This is because it is no longer looking for the QST file in the correct path (which is "Z:\quests\LinksRetirement3\link3.qst")

Any idea why this happens or how to correct this?

If not, then does this mean I would need to place all of my QST files into the ZC install directory in order to play them? If so, then why does the "select custom quest" allow you to "BROWSE" for a quest file on the harddrive if it will not remember it.

Luigi
06-29-2006, 01:52 PM
I can open "zelda-w.exe", select a custom quest (ie: LinksRetirement3 "link3.qst" file) by clicking the BROWSE button and searching for it on my harddrive. If I then exit the "zelda-w.exe" application and edit the "ag.cfg" file, I notice the following line indicating the path to my quest file (which is good):

qst_dir = z:\quests\LinksRetirement3\link3.qst

Now, when I restart the "zelda-w.exe" application, I notice the "qst_dir" setting in the "ag.cfg" file is reset to the default path as follows:

qst_dir = z:\

As a result, when I try to press START to continue playing LinksRetirement3 quest, then I get a "Error Loading" window which pops up indicating the "Z:\link3.qst" file can not be found. This is because it is no longer looking for the QST file in the correct path (which is "Z:\quests\LinksRetirement3\link3.qst")

Any idea why this happens or how to correct this?

That's because it's a quest file and not a directory.

If not, then does this mean I would need to place all of my QST files into the ZC install directory in order to play them?

Yes, so that the ag.cfg settings match.

As a general rule, it's best not to edit ANY .cfg file unless you know what you are doing.