PDA

View Full Version : I need a hand from some pot smokers....

punkonjunk1024
06-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Hey, so my friend smoked this weed, and it made him really, really dizzy. It's gotten a little better, but it will not go away. it's been about 3 weeks now and he's still dizzy constantly.
It wasn't his first time smoking weed, but he hadn't done it much before.
I want to know What could have happened, or was laced with, or whatever, and what can be done to fix it, if you guys know. And no, I didn't find anything on a google search.

Glitch
06-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Weed doesn't do that.

Masamune
06-28-2006, 01:22 AM
I don't believe pot is usually laced with anything. I could very well be wrong though. Maybe he's just been sitting up too fast. Or breathing in car exhaust.

Master Ghaleon
06-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Hey, so my friend smoked this weed, and it made him really, really dizzy. It's gotten a little better, but it will not go away. it's been about 3 weeks now and he's still dizzy constantly.

He has to be blowing smoke up your ass. Some nights that ive smoked a good bit of weed the effects are gone the next day or so (Like I really time this shit lol ). Either your friend here likes to fuck around with ya or he likes to drink Drain-o.

SUCCESSOR
06-28-2006, 01:55 AM
I've heard laced weed can cause shit like the but I know nothing about whether it true or not. If the guy comes out alive and well tell him to check his shit.

Smoking a joint that has been dipped in embalming fluid or formaldehyde has effects similar to those of a joint laced with PCP - a drug that causes hallucinations, euphoria, and often times, panic or rage. Having a negative reaction is even more likely if the user is expecting only the normal marijuana high. In addition to these psychological dangers, marijuana that has been laced is also extremely unhealthy. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen linked to nasal and lung cancer, with possible links to brain cancer and leukemia, and should not be smoked or ingested in any way.

Not saying it isn't BS, it's just all I found in the 2 seconds I spent googling it.

MottZilla
06-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Illegal drugs can easily be something you don't expect. What are you gonna do, take it back to the store for a refund?

Recently there was a story about some "bad heroin" going around and people dropping dead or something. I find that hilarious. Tell your friend that it means his testicles are going to turn a nasty green and then fall off. Sorry but how can anyone feel sorry for someone that got some "bad" illegal drugs. There's tons of things that could be added to it to cause effects like that. The only way to know would be to have it tested in a lab.

mikeron
06-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Are you sure your friend didn't suffer a head injury while stoned? This could also be an allergic reaction or a stroke. The truth is that any number of things can cause dizziness.

Samson007
06-28-2006, 04:19 AM
yeah, weed wont have that effect on you. Even if it were laced with something........3 weeks. It is most likely a totlaly un-related problem.

As for the first time thing, everyone knows it doesnt work the first time so that point isnt even relavent.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-28-2006, 07:39 AM
Illegal drugs can easily be something you don't expect. What are you gonna do, take it back to the store for a refund?

Recently there was a story about some "bad heroin" going around and people dropping dead or something. I find that hilarious. Tell your friend that it means his testicles are going to turn a nasty green and then fall off. Sorry but how can anyone feel sorry for someone that got some "bad" illegal drugs. There's tons of things that could be added to it to cause effects like that. The only way to know would be to have it tested in a lab.

That was here, in Michigan. Heroin was being laced with something called Fentanyl (SP?), which I forget what it does legally, but basically makes the high more intense. It also has a nasty side effect of making your heart go pop, or something. It's killed around eighty so far, if I'm recalling the facts correctly, and I'm pretty much in the same camp as Mott on this one. I mean, I feel a little bad for people dying, as anyone should, but honestly, it's just eighty less people on the bottom rung of the societal ladder. And believe me, Detroit is, on the whole, about as bottom of the barrel as you can get in a big city.

If your friend wants to stop feeling bad, maybe he should quit doing drugs and get a life. If he needs you to ask an internet forum how to fix his dope induced dizziness, well, that's just pretty pathetic.

punkonjunk1024
06-28-2006, 01:12 PM
He's actually quit drugs and drinking since then, with that exact thought, and fear for what else could happen. :P
I heard about that laced heroin, too. There was speculation on the news that it may make an appearance here in wisconsin.

I don't know. I think it should be legalized so we can tax it, and so those losers who are gonna do it anyway are at least sure it's safe. Plus we could regulate it better.
*shrug* I don't do it because it's stupid, though.

Masamune
06-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah. The ghetto town called Chester around here in my area lost 7 people to that heroin. Looks like it's all over the place.

Cloral
06-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Your friend needs to see a doctor. Don't worry about the BS of having to confess that he smoked pot. One's health is far more valuable than any potential punishment that could come of it. And unless the doctor is being a total dick, he won't report it.

punkonjunk1024
06-28-2006, 02:14 PM
He saw a doctor, and the doctor took blood tests and everything, and as of then, tests showed up negative for anything. So yeah. Maybe it's just placebo, or something?

Prrkitty
06-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Fentanyl (info) is a narcotic analgesic (more info) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/202391.html

MottZilla
06-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I think it should be legalized so we can tax it, and so those losers who are gonna do it anyway are at least sure it's safe. Plus we could regulate it better.

Legalizing it would be like accepting it. Drinking and smoking cigarettes/cigars are legal and for along time both were accepted. It's starting to turn on smoking though. Legalizing those drugs would really be to put criminals out of business. By making those things illegal, it makes them worth alot. If they were all legalized and government regulated then drug dealers and other people funded by drugs (such as terrorists) would take a big business hit. That is really the only reason to legalize it, that and giving up on winning the "war on drugs".

Eckels
06-28-2006, 08:44 PM
I've smoked plenty of pot in my day.

That being said, I've never had an experience like then one you're describing, and I highly doubt it's incurred by the marijuana. Even if it was laced with something, it's almost impossible for his system to not have flushed it out by now. I would be willing to bet that he may have some other problem with either his eyes or possibly some kind of migrane that may have coincidentally arisen at the same time.

It could also be psychological too. I've had times where I've been under a lot of stress, or under high anxiety where i've lost focus. It's as if i was dizzy, but it's better described as a twitch of my eyes. It's almost as if they're shaking back and forth. I find that sitting calmly for a little while will usually make it go away.

I'm not an advocate for marijuana by any means. For some people it's a great thing, for some people it's a very bad thing. And for some people the psyschological stress of doing something illegal is enough to make them anxious to the point that you're describing. I would also bet that the anxiety of the lost focus is what's perpetuating it as well.

But I don't know your friend. I could be (and probably am) completely wrong. Just an opinion.

Rainman
06-28-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't know. I think it should be legalized so we can tax it
Uh, why tax it? One of the good things about legalization is cheaper drugs so less crime needed to play for a habit. Taxing would just be an excuse so the government can make more money to waste.

MottZilla
06-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Ain't that the truth. Did you hear about them wanting to tax whores?

Lilith
06-29-2006, 07:32 AM
I feel bad for their families, but seriously lol. Fags must have really cared about their families to be doing herion. Also, get new friends. He might have had an anxiety disorder or vertigo sitting around, waiting for drugs to kick it off. Drugs do that. Gg.

moocow
06-29-2006, 08:25 AM
My perscription makes me dizzy. It didn't even start making me dizzy until a couple of months ago. Doc lowered to dosage and it's still happening. :(

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Maybe it's job stress? You've got plenty of that to go around.

Cronic
07-04-2006, 04:19 AM
ok definitive proof against your point ...Pot doesn't do that your friends prolly hiding a smack habit or some shit ...Maybe your friend should take a look at his diet as well. otherwise consult a physician and quit blaming the herb.