PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Lives!

Starkist
06-27-2006, 11:53 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

Holy crap that's going to be awesome.

Beldaran
06-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Yep. They actually announced this movie right after Spiderman 1 came out. I read an article that said Toby McGayer and Kirsten Dunce signed contracts for two more spiderman movies.

So, not a surprise. With that said however, this will definately be sweet. I'm stoked.

Archibaldo
06-28-2006, 02:24 AM
Yeah, it looks pretty sweet. I'm wicked pumped for it. It's a shame that it's only coming out next may. :(

On a side note. Emo Peter = Lolz

Icey
06-28-2006, 02:50 AM
I really wasn't that impressed with either of the Spiderman movies. In one, the camera work was just awful, especially near the end, and I wanted to throw up. The second one was a huge improvement, but still not great. If 3 improves on 2 in the way that 2 did on 1, then it might be a good movie.

moocow
06-28-2006, 09:05 AM
I thought the first one was good, but I haven't seen the second one yet. I think we even own it...

Yeah, I'm not that excited for it. I'm more excited for the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie :p

goKi
06-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm really disappointed. Spiderman 1 was great, Spiderman 2 was okay, although the blatant 'there wouldn't be a sequel unless we added this bullshit' ending killed it. Spiderman 3 is going to be horrible.

Eckels
06-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Topher Grace is going to be Eddie Brock.

That alone is enough to make this movie suck.

Then of course there's still Kristen Dunst and Toby McGuire who both made the first two suck too.

So this movie already already a triple threat of suck against it.

Rainman
06-28-2006, 08:44 PM
I enjoyed the first two movies when I first saw them, but after repeated viewings my opinion of them has gone down quite a bit. I liked the action a lot, but everything else just felt hollow.

vegeta1215
06-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I loved the first Spider-man movie, and the second was even better, so this third one has a lot to live up to imo.

Kirsten Dunst let it slip long ago that Sandman and Venom were going to be villains, and my first reaction to that was, "Venom?!? AWESOME! But who gives a shit about Sandman?" Recently I heard there were going to be four villains - those two plus another Goblin, and a yet unidentified villian. Now I'm a little worried.

That teaser trailer was badass though. Maybe they will pull it off?

Archibaldo
06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I figured that the four villans were going to be, the Green Goblin (Harry), Venom, Sandman and Dr. Connor (the lizard guy).

Dechipher
06-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Personally, the best thing Spiderman has ever had going for him is the Spidey/Venom/Carnage thing. That shit was tight. I also like the whole "Karnage burying him alive thing" That could be used in this new movie.

Ain't no effin Green Goblin neither. It's the Hobgoblin, get it right, Hollywood.

EDIT any reason Spiderman gets GD while Superman gets GED?

vegeta1215
06-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Ain't no effin Green Goblin neither. It's the Hobgoblin, get it right, Hollywood.

In the comic, Harry Osborne becomes the second Green Goblin - Hobgoblin is a different character altogether. But, they have some creative freedom with the movie, so who knows what route they will take. They may just have Harry hire someone to be the next Goblin.

Dechipher
06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
In the cartoon I'm pretty sure Harry becomes the Hobgoblin.
In the comic though I'm pretty sure you're right.

Breaker
07-01-2006, 02:17 AM
I'm only going to see it because I heard a rumor that spiderman's goign to beat the shit out of kirsten dunst. DOMESTIC SPIDEY VIOLENCE.

Darth Marsden
07-01-2006, 07:24 AM
There's been so many conflicting versions of the Green Goblin/Hobgoblin saga it's nearly impossible to pick out any one version. Be warned, I'm going to reveal practically every version of the Goblin's history. Thanks to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Goblin) for filling in the blanks.

In the original comics, Norman Osbourne was the original Green Goblin, but he died after Gwen Stacy did. It happened in much the same way as in the first movie, which was surprisingly faithful. His son, Harry, suffered a mental breakdown and became the second Green Goblin, and eventually he died as well. The Hobgoblin was someone who found one of Osbourne's hidden cache of Goblin weapons, which he used himself, along with an altered costume. He eventually died. (Nothing good can come of being a villain in the Spidey universe!) Eventually Norman Osbourne was revealed to not be dead, but instead was pulling strings from the shadows. His identity became know after a detailed Daily Bugle report, and it was revealed that he'd had an affair with Gwen Stacy before she'd died, resulting in two heirs. The male of the two, Gabriel, took up the mantle of the Green Goblin until the truth of his history was revealed, at which point he and Sarah, his sister, disappeared.

In Ultimate Spider-Man, Norman Osbourne was trying to perfect a super-soldier drug for SHIELD which was code-named OZ. Parker was bitten by a escaped test spider, resulting in him becoming Spider-Man, and Osbourne theorized that since the OZ combined with spider DNA gave Parker the heightened abilities of a spider, if Norman were to receive OZ combined with his own DNA he could gain the heightened abilities of... himself. During the experiment however, it all went wrong, and the resulting explosion resulted in Osbourne becoming a horribly mutated monster... the Green Goblin. Trying to destroy all evidence of his existence, he killed his wife and tried to kill his son, but in a confontation on top of a nearby building, he was shot and plummeted into the river. He later returned, 'evolved', but his over-reliance on the OZ drug gave him hallucinations, and it was his own son who stopped him in the end, forcing a broken window shard into his back. Some time after this, is was revealed that Harry had been present when his father became the Green Goblin, and that he shared some similar aspects, but when he transformed, it wasn't into another Green Goblin - he became the Hobgoblin. An interesting fact is that the Green Goblin is never called as such in the comic.

In the animated 90's series, The Green Goblin was a long-term recurring villain. Norman Osborn and his partner, Mendell Stromm, were coerced into creating a formula for the Kingpin that grants superhuman strength. An unstable reaction resulted during one experiment and Norman disappeared in the explosion, presumed dead. His son, Harry blamed the Oscorp stockholders, J. Jonah Jameson, Anastasia Hardy, and Wilson Fisk (the Kingpin), among others, for the death of his father. Soon a mysterious airborne figure, identifying himself as the Green Goblin, began kidnapping the stockholders one by one. Harry quickly became the main suspect and was followed by a wary Mary Jane who became kidnapped herself. Tracking her down, Spider-Man uncovered an underwater base where the Goblin intended to kill everyone he had kidnapped. Fighting the Goblin, Spider-Man unmasked him, only to discover that the Green Goblin was Norman Osborn. Amnesia ensued and Norman was unable to remember his dual identity. The following morning at Oscorp, he announced that he would no longer build chemical weapons. His son Harry would later take up the mantle, although neither of them died, it being a kids show and all. The Hobgoblin first appeared in the series in his civilian identity of Jason Macendale, in which he courted Felicia Hardy. After his battle, as Hobgoblin, with Norman Osborn, his dual identity was revealed and his engagement with Felicia was called off.

In the films, the Green Goblin is the result of Norman Osbourne's desperation to create a super-serum before the military switches their contract with Oscorp to Quest Aerospace, a move that would bankrupt the company. Testing the serum on himself, it drives him mad, and he steals the glider and suit the company had also been working on. After killing off the competition at QA, he also kills Oscorps board of directors after they reveal they want him to step down as CEO of the company. With the last killings, he encounters Spider-Man, and later realises his identity. Threatening to kill Mary Jane Watson and a group of children, he lures Parker to him and, after being defeated by Parker, reveals his identity. It's all part of a trap however, which Parker avoids but Osbourne doesn't, and he dies. In the second film, Harry Osbourne, Norman's son, has a hatred of Spider-Man, believeing him responsible for his fathers death. However, he discovers Spider-Man's identity, and can't go through with killing him. He subsequently hallucinated that his father was speaking to him from inside of a mirror, demanding that Harry avenge his death. Smashing the mirror, Harry discovered his father's hidden Green Goblin costume and arsenal. In the third film, the Spider-Man teaser trailer pretty much confirms that Harry becomes the second Green Goblin, albeit with a different suit than his father's. He wears a purple suit, with a pair of green goggles and a mouthpiece. He also rides a different type of glider than his father. However, there's also a scene where Harry himself is hit with a pumpkin bomb, leading to much speculation.

Brasel
07-02-2006, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZLUxlKHsuA

Thats actual Spider-Man 3 footage. It would behoove you to check it out.

Dechipher
07-02-2006, 11:58 AM

I'm so going now...

MacWeirdo42
07-02-2006, 03:45 PM

What... just... happened? Holy crap, if I said I wasn't expecting that, it'd be the understatement of the century.

Darth Marsden
07-03-2006, 04:50 AM
So Spider-Man becomes the 6th Power Ranger? Sweet...

And didn't I see one of those guitars in El Mariachi? Or was it Once Upon A Time In Mexico? Eh, whatever.