PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Gameboy Tileset, It's Fatal Error

swordmaster
06-27-2006, 12:19 PM
The status bar where your health and weapons and keys are showed is not completed!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I was working on it and tested it out and... it was messed up! To its creator, Glenn the Great: FIX IT, PLEASE!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pineconn
06-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Gah, too many smilies!! (Or in this case, the frownies. ^_^ )

It shouldn't be too hard to fix it yourself, swordmaster. I believe (so I may be wrong) that the health/Rupees/keys/bombs icons are the first 4 tiles of the entire tile sheet. That is, tiles 0, 1, 2, and 3. I'll even tell you where which icons should be.

Tile 0:
NW quarter - full heart, Cset 1
NE quarter - half heart, Cset 1
SW quarter - full heart, Cset 1

Tile 1:
NW quarter - empty heart, Cset 1
NE quarter - Rupee, Cset 1

Tile 2:
NW quarter - key, Cset 0(?)
NE quarter - bomb, Cset 0

Tile 3:
NE quarter - super bomb, Cset 1

*b*
06-28-2006, 03:15 PM
don't even bother with that tileset. that's the best advice I can give. it is so screwed up and incomplete, it's not funny. try using a better tileset, like newfirst, or Pure

Pineconn
06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Heh, that's pretty funny. Pure isn't really a tileset for a beginner, if you are. To make Pure look half-decent, you need to pay attention to details greatly. New1st is good for a beginner.

swordmaster
06-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks, but I'm not that good at making the headbar. But other than that and the Link graphics which I can NOT make any sense out of it, let alone change it, it's fine.
EDIT: sorry about the smilies but I LIKE smilies. :)

Pineconn
06-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I can see that. ;)

Actually, looking through the tileset, it looks pretty nice. Since I've played the Game Boy Zelda games, I can tell the tiles are accurate. Too bad it's incomplete. Well, you can choose another tileset by screenshots, as I would. No sense in using a 4-year-old incomplete tileset.

swordmaster
07-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Where do you get new first? I didn't find it in the Tileshop.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Freedom
07-08-2006, 02:42 PM
New first is the set used in the example quests in 183.
Just grab an example first quest and make a copy of it, then delete all the maps and start building