PDA

View Full Version : I Fucking Hate Windows Lately.

punkonjunk1024
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
MY LAPTOP RULES.

So I am trying to get it going. I CANNOT GET SP2 AT ALL. WHy can't I just find a thing that says "get SP2 now!" NO I CANT. I finally found something that downloaded it in my browser, and was like NUBZOR CANT UZZZ MOzILLA LOLZZZZ
So I switched to IE, and that fucker still wouldn't DL.
OK so that was sweet.
THen, on my home PC, I got WMP11, since 10 was such a nice upgrade. That pulldown that let you chose the bands... or "all music" as a playlist FUCKING VANISHED. It took me 2 hours to find out that in skin mode, I can still use that shit. WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY VANISH THAT SHIT?
Creating a playlist is now a grossly time consuming task in actual full mode.
FUCK THAT.
So then I try to get MSN messenger on my laptop. I CANNOT FUCKING FIND THE VERSION I HAD.
I could find Windows Live Messenger, which stored none of my contacts or email adresses when I fucking logged in.

Seriously. WINDOWS USED TO BE USER FRIENDLY. What the fuck is this shit? It's not like I'm a PC noob, I'm just slightly impatient lately.

Seriously. This is so gay.
I wish I could run windows programs in fucking ubuntu. I'd use that shit all the way if I could get it to run native speed in one of those stupid emulators... but I haven't really looked into it much. I might this weekend. I'm seriously sick of fucking windows XP. ANd I hear Longhorn, or WinVista, or whatever it's gonna be called... Is gonna be pay per month. FUCK THAT.
Seriously. I hope stuff starts porting to ubuntu.

Glitch
06-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Windows is about as user friendly as they get. Why not calm down and try to see if you can figure it out, instead of freaking out.

Monica
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Wow...sorry you are having such a hard time...O_o

Were you unable to get SP2 from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx?

vegeta1215
06-26-2006, 05:43 PM
If you are having problems download SP 2, have Microsoft send you a CD for free! http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

Even though I don't use Windows anymore, it is handy to have in case I have to fix my brother's computer.

MottZilla
06-26-2006, 05:45 PM
That's what you get for updating! Muwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 11111111

=) You NEVER should have updated Windows XP. I never have, and thus I've never had any problems with it.

Questwizard88
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
The only updates I haven't done are just about everything under optional and drivers (its better to update drivers from the manufacturers sites anyway. the stuff on WU is way too old.)

And to add to that list, SP2, because it is so annoying, and it almost crashed my computer before. i don't need something that makes my computer take 15 mins to boot up, then another 10-15 mins before it shuts up about the Windows firewall being turned off.

goKi
06-27-2006, 03:53 AM
One of my drivers is causing a stop error (blue screen) under XP. I need to sit down and figure it out.

Gerudo
06-27-2006, 11:50 AM
i've even used a pirated XP for like, 2 or 3 years now, and i've never had a problem except for hardware failure.

i only update the critical updates and occasionally recommended updates. as far as software goes, it's better to not update sometimes, like Mott said.

anyways, not to start an OS war, but I tried a few versions of Linux, and since to me, they weren't as user friendly (this reverts back to impatience), for me Windows is the best way to go. hell, i'll probably still be using XP when MS decides to stop support for it a few years from now. ;)

punkonjunk1024
06-27-2006, 01:39 PM
About 10 seconds in the past. Thanks, Netzero!
Thats awesome, right there.

I got really pissed. I figured out most of it, minus the MSN messenger thing. And winamp rules.

Has anyone else heard that the new windows will be pay-to-use?

MottZilla
06-27-2006, 03:55 PM
No I haven't heard that. But the new Windows sounds like unnessisary BS to make us buy a new OS. Which also will mean buying new hardware. I'm never against new hardware but only so long as it's for something you couldn't do before. I.E. you couldn't have a game this detailed before, you couldn't process data this fast before. I've heard of the minimum requirements for that new OS and it's just retarded in my opinion. The OS shouldn't require THAT much cpu power. The majority of any power should be given to applications you actually need to run. Not so the GUI looks pretty or whatever.

Questwizard88
06-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I definitely agree with that. there's no point in using like 90% of the cpu power just for those fancy "glass" buttons, or whatever they're calling them, and then the 3d desktop too. If its gonna be pay-per-month, then forget it. I won't upgrade at all if its going to be like that. They've already got enough money as it is.

vegeta1215
06-27-2006, 05:22 PM
On the Windows XO computers I have setup and used, I've never had problems with any of the critical updates or service packs. However, in the past getting updated hardware drivers through Windows Update screwed things up. So if anything, don't screw with your hardware or drivers if they work.

anyways, not to start an OS war, but I tried a few versions of Linux, and since to me, they weren't as user friendly (this reverts back to impatience), for me Windows is the best way to go. hell, i'll probably still be using XP when MS decides to stop support for it a few years from now. ;)

I think that's the best way to look at things :D Whatever works best for you.