PDA

View Full Version : How do I create a bridge?

iwn12
06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm trying to create a bridge to swim under and walk over. I've tried looking butstill can't figure it out by what I read.

cbailey78
06-24-2006, 01:54 PM
That's impossible. There is no way you can make a bridge effect the way you want it to do. Sorry.

Zelda_Warrior
06-24-2006, 02:10 PM
This is possible using layers, i think freedom has something like this in his signature, a guide for it.

polkm
06-24-2006, 03:55 PM
What you do is

draw the screen with a bridge you can go over and some stairs going down to the river
at the bottom of the stairs put some direct warps so as soon as you reach the bottom of the stairs you're warped to a diferent screen
repeat for the other set of stairs

so far you should have a bridge you can go over, some stairs that warp you to a blank screen and the background
copy the screen and paste it to the screen you set the warp to
erase the bridge
draw the water under the bridge and add direct warps at the top of the stairs back to the first screen

now you have a working bridge you can go under and over,However it dosen't look very good with the bridge disapering so let's sort that out
[now were going to be working with layers so if u can't use layers ask someone to help] add the top of the bridge in layer 4 or 5 on a different screen. So you can go under it

but now if you try to leave the screen from the water you go to wrong screen

-------------- ----
( f ( a ) g ) ( c )
------------- -----
( b ) ( d )
----- -----
this is because to reach screen b from screen a(the room with the bridge) you must enter the water but doing this warps you to screen c(the room with the water) so going south takes you to screen d to sort this add some side warps (i presuming you know how to do them) to the corect screens
do the same for west north and east screens ( f, not on map and g)

will make simpler later

Nimono
06-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Actually, try putting the bridge on Layer 3. On a different screen, place flag 16 on the same tile spaces as the bridge is. Make their secret combo be the bridge. Do the same on the bridge, but backwards (I.e., make flag 16's secret combo make the Layer 3 bridge go away.). On layer 0, the normal drawing layer, put the water. Before and after the bridge, just one tile away, put a Trigger (Permanent) combo. Place flag 16 on it. Place flag 17 on the place the bridge should be and set its combo to whatever you want, as long as it's fully walkable. Place flag 18 on the space(s) right before you go in the water, and have the secret combo for that be a Trigger (Peramanent) combo. For each Trigger combo, use tiered secrets (Hold "ctrl" and click on the secret combo and choose a flag.) to link the new combo that isn't a Trigger combo back to the Trigger combo and back again. If you don't want the player to walk off the bridge and into the water, make a new combo that looks exactly like the water, but without a combo. Make it unwalkable. Place that as Secret Combo 18, for Flag 18. Place flag 18 on both sides of the bridge so you can't walk off it into the water. Test it, and hope it works right.