PDA

View Full Version : I... can't... move!

Loogaroo
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey guys. Bit of a problem here.

I'm testing a map that I've been building, but for some reason Link won't move more than half a block in one direction, at which point he's frozen in place. I've double-checked the map and everything seems to be OK; what's going on?

ShadowTiger
06-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Hit F6 and continue? Is there a string (Text) on the screen? (Not in the upper left corner.) If there was, hit F6 and continue.

Can you post a screenshot of where you're stuck? Also, in ZQuest, on the screen you're in (Assuming this is your quest, and you have access to it in ZQuest.) Go into it and Press "w" to see the walkability. Pink is unwalkable.

When Link walks into a Dungeon, he tends to automatically walk a few spaces in. This may even get him stuck in a door or something, depending on where he starts, since he automatically does it no matter where he is.

Try to post the screenshot, unless you've figured it out already.

Zel_II
06-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Also onanother note with the dungoen thing, if you set the entrance position incorrectly either to far away from or to far inside the door link has a tendency to walk the wrong way as he goes in exiting the dungoen.

Loogaroo
06-24-2006, 03:54 AM
OK, I fixed the problem. After looking through some earlier threads, it appears that playing a quest made on an older version of ZQuest on a newer version of ZC causes the freeze to occur.

However, that being the case, I must ask why ZQuest 1.92 is bundled with ZC 2.10....

Nicholas Steel
06-25-2006, 03:51 AM
the difference in version numbers between zquest and zelda classic are meaningless... as they are different programs.