PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

countlyne
06-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Hello, I have a few questions.

I. How do you edit links colors, clothing ETC.
II. In my dungeon, I can walk through my walls and doors. And my doors aren't the selected type, there just seen as the normal "Passage".
III. I want to create a hole beneath the grass. - The hole will be a secret place -
IV. The "Feed Goriya" (SP?) selection for room type, what is it? I'm trying to make it work.

Thanks!

countlyne
06-20-2006, 02:36 AM
V. When i'm pushing a block into an obstacle, the obscacle turns into an "Under Combo"! How do i fix this?

ShadowTiger
06-20-2006, 10:13 AM
V. When i'm pushing a block into an obstacle, the obscacle turns into an "Under Combo"! How do i fix this?Turn on the "Solid Blocks" Quest Rule. The block will no longer be able to be pushed over the obstacle. It'll stop it instead.

IV. The "Feed Goriya" (SP?) selection for room type, what is it? I'm trying to make it work.If you walk into that room type, just select a "Bait" item, and just use it. Anywhere in the room. It doesn't have to be right on him. :p The guy (And string.) will disappear.

I. How do you edit links colors, clothing ETC.Go to Quest--> Graphics--> Palettes--> Main, and Select Cset 6. That's Link's primary color Cset. (Color set.) It's for his Green Tunic colors.

Now, for his other three Tunic colors, Go to Quest--> Graphics--> Palettes--> Sprites--> Extra Sprites 1 then find Cset 6. That's his blue Tunic color set. Cset 7 is his red, and Cset 8 is his Gold Tunic color. Now, Cset 9, 10, 11, and 12, are the Csets (Green, Blue, Red, and Gold, respectively.) which his Quest Selection Icon uses. It's the icon that appears to the left of the name you registered under the Quest Selection screen when you open ZC to select a quest to play. You can set those icons under Quest--> Graphics--> Game Icons.

II. In my dungeon, I can walk through my walls and doors. And my doors aren't the selected type, there just seen as the normal "Passage".Don't draw the doors onto your screen manually, unless it's a Cave type Dmap. If it's a Dungeon type Dmap, place the doors via the Doors Dialogue. (Press F6. ;) ) Or go to Tools--> Doors. That takes precedence over drawing them right onto the screen. Not sure if that answers your question. If you want a better answer, take a screenshot (Press F12.) of Link walking through a wall that you've mentioned.

III. I want to create a hole beneath the grass. - The hole will be a secret place - That'd be either an undercombo or a Secret Combo, depending on your situation. If there's only one slashable item (The tall grass the hole is under.) just make the hole the undercombo . If you're working with tall grass or bushes all over the screen, you'll want the default undercombo to be a regular slashed grass combo. Do that. Now, to set the secret hole, go to Data--> Secret Combos, and go to the rightmost tab. See the 4x4 grid of boxes there? In the upper left one, select the secret pit. (Use Keypad plus or minus to select the Cset it should appear in.) Press Okay, and go to the Secret Flags menu. (Tools--> Flags.) Or Press F8. Place Flag #16 (Corresponding to Secret Combo #1.) on the tall grass or bush (Whatever) you want the hole to be under.

countlyne
06-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Wonderful! Thank you too much. It helped alot! Yeah, the reason why I was walking through the doors was becuase it was set to cave! Not dungeon.

countlyne
06-21-2006, 01:16 AM
I actually have some more.

VI. I'm trying to set waterfalls on mountains, i've used a second layer for this, but the color of the water is red (Like lava).

VII. In my little village I have about 3 houses on one screen, how do I make inhabitants for each house?

LinkMaster500
06-21-2006, 09:53 AM
VI. Do you have some tiles for townspeople? If you do, then just place one of them in each house. Otherwise, you could draw them yourself or just import them from tilesets that have those tiles.

One more thing, please use the edit button if you need to edit postings rather than double-posting.

WindStrike
06-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Uhh, I think 'e's referrin' to being able to go into each individual house. To do that, you'll need the latest 2.11 beta as it has multi-warps (up to four per screen). Make sure each house entrance uses a different warp (A, B, C, or D), otherwise, they'll all lead to only one of the houses. For 2.10 and before, here's a multi-warping tutorial which allows you to have up to five warps on one screen: http://zcu.zc.funpic.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36
Note that it actually shows how to do a loading screen, but it's the best anyone could find.

LinkMaster500
06-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Oops he said that he had "three houses on one screen." Sorry, I misread that.

countlyne
06-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Thanks once again.

VII. What does the boots do?
VIII. Is there a special way to cross the spikes? (BOOTS?)

LinkMaster500
06-22-2006, 02:13 PM
The boots allow Link to walk across damage zones without taking damage (for instance, spikes). Damage zones are tiles with the combo types specified as "damage." If magic is enabled in the quest and Link runs out of magic, he will still take damage in these zones even with the boots.

WindStrike
06-22-2006, 04:13 PM
The boots allow Link to walk across damage zones without taking damage (for instance, spikes). Damage zones are tiles with the combo types specified as "damage." If magic is enabled in the quest and Link runs out of magic, he will still take damage in these zones even with the boots.
Well, that's assuming the "Boots use magic" quest rule is enabled, in which magic is consumed pretty fast. Otherwise, you don't need to have magic for boots to work.

LinkMaster500
06-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Yes that is correct. "Boots use magic" is the key rule here. I forgot about that