PDA

View Full Version : Agn has no personality

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Alright... I think Goki rules.
I don't know jack shit about solaris, he doesn't have much real definition, from what I've seen, albeit thats not much lately.

I was gone from AGN for a long time. I left because my home life was a bit fucked, and internet acess, and concern for it was extremely limited.

I come back... Fighting has died down. Breaker acts nice most of the time.
We've all had shitty run-ins with the rules... but really, when this place was a shithole, it was fun. When breaker is a fucker, it's fun. He needed a bit of a leash, not a fucking cage. :shrug:

GB was all that remained of that shithole.

Now that's gone. If this place is doomed to be like every other game forum on the planet, fuck, sweet. I love forums where I don't know shit about anyone, or anything on it. D2net's forums, for example... I had "trade regulars" and people who usually posted interesting things. But too many swearwords, even bleeped ones, or breaking one tiny rule, and BAM your gone. That fear prevented anyone from... really making anything exciting, letting the forums seem like "home."

AGN always seemed like a "home" to me. It was fun to see other people fight, fight with other people... and have such a free form place to take shit to. Sure, I can still ask questions... but I have no fucking idea about anything.

Eventually, we'll probobly lose swearing, and ASWGL... I dunno.

I know everyone keep's saying shit like "AGN is a shell of what it was" and Ect... but really, I don't want to see this place turn into something just like PZC. Nice forum for ZC... but to me, ZC isn't what this forum is about. It's what it's built around, but not what it's about.

I know I care too much, ect ect ect.

I guess... what does everyone else think?

Daarkseid
06-19-2006, 10:29 PM

Neither one is going to happen, and GB has been shut down a total of twice in the past only to be reopened sometime later.

These forums tolerate quite a bit in terms of personal behavior, with strong exception to flaming and advertising, as well as harrasment.

We've only ever had a curse filter once in the past, years ago, and it was only around for about a month, with no strong desire expressed by anyone since then to have it returned.

The sex forum has a warning on it, so if people don't like it, they don't have to click in.

Archibaldo
06-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I agree, I think the removal of General Bitching took quite the toll on people. Just as it was getting interesting, they took it away. You'd think that Glenn's return would trigger some kind of excitment, but no, just a single thread.

Now all this forum is, is people posting articles. But give it a little while, I'm sure things will pick up.

biggiy05
06-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I highly doubt that swearing and ASWGL will be disabled.

GB is why so many people left. It was turning into one steaming pile of shit. Topics were derailed after a few posts and it turned into a "let's flame so and so".

If you don't like what agn is turning into then you can leave. It's better that GB isn't here and things are changing for the better.

Master Ghaleon
06-19-2006, 10:59 PM
I support the closing of GB. It will give AGN a cleaner image then before. It makes newcomers to AGN see that we welcome them with open arms though if they brake the rules they shall be punished. Basically the majority of GB that I saw was usually about Glenn. Yes it was fun to always look at to see what kind of bashing people did but if all you do is post in GB then I think you need to take down that picture of Glenn on your wall and go outside and enjoy life.

Dechipher
06-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm sorry. Where are we? I could have sworn it was an internet forum. A gaming forum, at that. I didn't know this was the Jerry Springer show.
AGN has plenty of personality, it just slows down in the summer time. Always has, always will.

Besides, when GB was open all people did was bitch about how no one bitched enough.

Lilith
06-20-2006, 03:19 AM
AGN has personality, you're just being a dong just fyi. It's old stompin' grounds, it's pretty much the same so w/e. We have a pretty strong social base here (which you aren't usually a part of because you're a dong) so even though we all hate each other or stop posting at different times we're cool. Tits or gtfo, my friend.

Verman
06-20-2006, 08:59 AM
You didn't leave because of family problems... You left cause you were banned.

Is solaris even around??? or is he still self-banned?

moocow
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm glad GB is gone. I was getting so insanely tired of making a post bitching about something that really bothers me, and just having people degrade me for being a single mother. People just got way too personal there...

As far as AGN not having personality... I'll just be cliche` and say...

"If you don't like it, leave."

ShadowTiger
06-20-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm glad GB is gone. I was getting so insanely tired of making a post bitching about something that really bothers me, and just having people degrade me for being a single mother. People just got way too personal there...GB was strange. ... Strange in that it did just that; what you just described, ... as if people were just itching to flame someone, regardless of what the topic was. It was honestly genuinely confusing to the average "Lawful Good" Paladanic character role like I was for a good long while. I think it lacked structure. It could have been something much more than what it was. Some people wanted to complain about something in their lives, while some people just wanted to complain about other members. GB was very lacking in that feature, and nobody got what they wanted a lot of the time. There was no attempt to change things. It was just closed, and that was it. I really think it could've been done better. I've even planned it out and everything, and it seems to work well on the forums the plan has been instituted at.

I think GB can stay open. I do, however, think that more of a compromise can be made between its members. Some people like the heavy, hardcore flaming with no regard toward others' feelings, and others like a place to just kick off a complaint topic about something in their lives and have everyone agree, because everyone would agree, ... without fear of being flamed because of your haircut or something. Has a compromise been attempted yet?

I never really thought AGN was flawed though. ... just that people can be very sensitive to things that they see. (Emphasis on see.) If you see all this drama up on the non-ZC parts of the forum, then people from those areas will get all nervous and such that the whole forums are collapsing. That's only natural. Probably one of the reasons GB was closed. It's a nice thought, (Assuming those were the reasons it was closed.) but I still think it could've been done differently. Having people with a good heart and a supportive role (Supportive for those young ZC'ers.) may have turned the situation around. If you're recieving as much positive support as negative support elsewhere on the forums, it balances itself out because those who need it are getting it. I'm glad people like Prr and Monica are there for support. AGN needs more people like them.

rocksfan13
06-20-2006, 10:37 AM
GB caused too much comotion. People were starting to take it seriously. I'm glad it's gone too.
It lets people settle down and realize that this IS the internet and not to take anything that someone may be venting on seriously. Especially if someone wants to vent about work and gets slammed like mooie did.

As far as AGN having no personality, I disagree. With the addition of goKi as an admin and MG and moocow as senior mods, the personality has escalated. Putting AGN in its rightful place. Oh and Solaris is still part of Shattered Earth Verman.

ShadowTiger
06-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, there's really no point in holding grudges if a person can still be of such great service to something or somewhere.
As far as AGN having no personality, I disagree. With the addition of goKi as an admin and MG and moocow as senior mods, the personality has escalated. Putting AGN in its rightful place.Hey, ya can't forget the new mods either. ;) I was bloody ecstatic with their addition. .... ... Hell, you all saw what people say about AGN. A little positive facework never hurt anyone. ;) Public Relations is everything when a community like AGN is so very, very tied to its products.

mikeron
06-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Are you still wearing a skirt?

Prrkitty
06-20-2006, 03:34 PM
BH4... I love you too <hug>. Thank you for the kind words.

I got to know Monica while playing SE and I think very highly of her. I'm glad she's been made a Mod because I think she can bring a lot to the position. She's very thoughtful and caring and isn't afraid to speak her mind. I like those traits in a person :)

Monica
06-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Aww, thanks, Kitty, and ShadowTiger. :)

On topic: I do think it was getting horribly tense here, and AGN doesn't exactly have the friendliest reputation around. It is the home of the Zelda Classic program, so I think the staff should be friendly to an extent, to new people, just because it's ettiquette and common curteousy.

That being said, sometimes GB did have fun-to-read topics and sometimes they went waaaay too far like the one for moocow's job. I remember ShadowTiger had a good idea once for a flaming forum, if that ever got brought up again I'd support it. For now though I believe it was a good descision to close GB and let things cool down.

As for the swear filter and ASWGL, well I'd probably be the only one who wouldn't mind a swear filter turned on, but I'll survive lol. And I just ignore the forum altogether. :)

punkonjunk1024
06-20-2006, 06:06 PM
You didn't leave because of family problems... You left cause you were banned.

Is solaris even around??? or is he still self-banned?

Verman, you're an idiot. I was banned, but I still lurked. Then I couldn't because of shit. The ban list was cleared - Was I here that day? No. I haven't been a regular until recently, when I got on my feet financially, so I could afford a phone line.

Neither one is going to happen, and GB has been shut down a total of twice in the past only to be reopened sometime later.

These forums tolerate quite a bit in terms of personal behavior, with strong exception to flaming and advertising, as well as harrasment.
I hope so, it just seemed like this might be the first step towards those things occuring. *shrug*

GB is why so many people left. It was turning into one steaming pile of shit. Topics were derailed after a few posts and it turned into a "let's flame so and so".

If you don't like what agn is turning into then you can leave. It's better that GB isn't here and things are changing for the better.

Well... I don't know. I forsee alot of that shit seeping out into the rest of the forums, and bans going all over the place, but it hasn't happened yet. I just wish we could have done something like hid it better... because really, that pile of shit was a good filter from keeping it on the rest of the board. Er, I think, anyhow.

I support the closing of GB. It will give AGN a cleaner image then before. It makes newcomers to AGN see that we welcome them with open arms though if they brake the rules they shall be punished.

Again... Why not make it invisible until you have some 100, or 500, or whatever posts? Make it a place for someone who knows the ropes, and until then... doesn't exist to you. Not even visable. *shrug*

I'm sorry. Where are we? I could have sworn it was an internet forum. A gaming forum, at that. I didn't know this was the Jerry Springer show.
AGN has plenty of personality, it just slows down in the summer time. Always has, always will.

Besides, when GB was open all people did was bitch about how no one bitched enough.
I wish every time someone made a post about a forum change, people didn't feel the need to make a "reality check" Either I'm completely aware of reality and I'm just a loser with too much spare time, or I'm some fucked up crazy fuck who doesn't realize how fucked up he is.
*caugh glenn caugh*
Either way, these post is not going to show me the way, or anyone else. And all it does is make you look like a jackass. We all know what reality is, and the relavance of a forum. And we should recognize some people take it more or less seriously. I don't take it as seriously as some, but it's a place where I've grown alot. ZC sparked my interest into programming in one fell swoop. As much as my participation in it sways, this place matters to me. *shrug*

AGN has personality, you're just being a dong just fyi. It's old stompin' grounds, it's pretty much the same so w/e. We have a pretty strong social base here (which you aren't usually a part of because you're a dong) so even though we all hate each other or stop posting at different times we're cool. Tits or gtfo, my friend.
Which is what it could be entirely, that I feel horribly out of place since my return... and those of that "social base" that welcomed me (or just weren't welcome in the social base) seem to be gone, besides moocow. Where the hell is Russ, anyhow?

I'm glad GB is gone. I was getting so insanely tired of making a post bitching about something that really bothers me, and just having people degrade me for being a single mother. People just got way too personal there...

As far as AGN not having personality... I'll just be cliche` and say...

"If you don't like it, leave."

OK guys, on the if you don't like it, leave note -
Let's all look at The Cyborg's forums.
No one likes it. Even us mods don't like it. lots of members who didn't like it... Left. It sucks ass.
If everyone left something that sucked, it would just suck more and more. It's not like I'm saying "I R LEAVIN TILL U GUYZ ARENT NAZIS" I'm just saying wtf guys, it's changing.

I will agree - Sometimes people were fuckers about the personal shit. I was bothered by some of it preban, and then I learned that making fun of it with them is pretty much the winner there. some people were fuckers, laugh with them, they'll feel like fuckers, and make no headway. it worked really well for me. You can't take shit personally on the internet, but that doesn't help much when someone gets lucky and finds out the uber personal shit that hits too fucking hard for you. *shrug*

GB was strange. ... Strange in that it did just that; what you just described, ... as if people were just itching to flame someone, regardless of what the topic was. It was honestly genuinely confusing to the average "Lawful Good" Paladanic character role like I was for a good long while. I think it lacked structure. It could have been something much more than what it was. Some people wanted to complain about something in their lives, while some people just wanted to complain about other members. GB was very lacking in that feature, and nobody got what they wanted a lot of the time. There was no attempt to change things. It was just closed, and that was it. I really think it could've been done better. I've even planned it out and everything, and it seems to work well on the forums the plan has been instituted at.

I think GB can stay open. I do, however, think that more of a compromise can be made between its members. Some people like the heavy, hardcore flaming with no regard toward others' feelings, and others like a place to just kick off a complaint topic about something in their lives and have everyone agree, because everyone would agree, ... without fear of being flamed because of your haircut or something. Has a compromise been attempted yet?

I never really thought AGN was flawed though. ... just that people can be very sensitive to things that they see. (Emphasis on see.) If you see all this drama up on the non-ZC parts of the forum, then people from those areas will get all nervous and such that the whole forums are collapsing. That's only natural. Probably one of the reasons GB was closed. It's a nice thought, (Assuming those were the reasons it was closed.) but I still think it could've been done differently. Having people with a good heart and a supportive role (Supportive for those young ZC'ers.) may have turned the situation around. If you're recieving as much positive support as negative support elsewhere on the forums, it balances itself out because those who need it are getting it. I'm glad people like Prr and Monica are there for support. AGN needs more people like them.

Well, as to comprimise - What I suggested was nice. We could also seperate GB into two pieces - Flaming and stupid shit, and regular graphic rants. Flaming in ranting could be a bannable offense, or something. Set down some solid rules with GB, that cannot be broken. *shrug*

Monica rules... Prrkitty is helpful, but I don't know much about her.
And people like you belong on that list, bh4, and I bet you thought it, but were a tad too modest to stick it on there. :)

As neat as they are though, I love people like mikeron, Dechipher,lilith (when she's not just being fucked up), koopa... ect, people with that biting humor, and perfect sarcasm that make GB the funniest shit on the planet.

GB caused too much comotion. People were starting to take it seriously. I'm glad it's gone too.
It lets people settle down and realize that this IS the internet and not to take anything that someone may be venting on seriously. Especially if someone wants to vent about work and gets slammed like mooie did.

As far as AGN having no personality, I disagree. With the addition of goKi as an admin and MG and moocow as senior mods, the personality has escalated. Putting AGN in its rightful place. Oh and Solaris is still part of Shattered Earth Verman.

So solaris basically fucked himself with that breaker thing, huh? As much as he hates me, I realize how important he is now. I'm glad we don't have silent banning anymore, which is pretty much the biggest problem. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with him now. *shrug*

As for taking it too seriously... That should be the fucking MOTTO of the place. you shouldn't take it seriously, period. When people take it too seriously, thats how funny shit was born. Hell, look at the shit I went through right before the ban. I took it to seriously, and it was hysterical, for everyone else. (until the end, then it ruled)

Are you still wearing a skirt?
Yes (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/punkonjunk/Straightestmanalive.jpg), and sig'd.
Not as often, because It's hard to bike in one of those fuckers, and I bike almost everywhere.

As for the swear filter and ASWGL, well I'd probably be the only one who wouldn't mind a swear filter turned on, but I'll survive lol. And I just ignore the forum altogether. :)

Well I'm glad our nicer members like you feel that way about it. What worried me is when people start to complain - The first change could snowball.

But yeah, the seperation of GB into two forums, ranting and flaming, would be great.

I see what you guys are saying though. *shrug*

I typed shrug about a million times. Aaaand... The greatest sunset I've seen in ever in the shitty city of oshkosh is pouring in my window, so I'm gonna go watch it.
I spend more time here since my lady left for basic training (uhg...) And it just struck me that it was changing - Thats why I posted this.

Anyhow. this was a shitload of typing. Away I go.

Cronic
06-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Alright... I think Goki rules.
I don't know jack shit about solaris, he doesn't have much real definition, from what I've seen, albeit thats not much lately.

I was gone from AGN for a long time. I left because my home life was a bit fucked, and internet acess, and concern for it was extremely limited.

I come back... Fighting has died down. Breaker acts nice most of the time.
We've all had shitty run-ins with the rules... but really, when this place was a shithole, it was fun. When breaker is a fucker, it's fun. He needed a bit of a leash, not a fucking cage. :shrug:

GB was all that remained of that shithole.

Now that's gone. If this place is doomed to be like every other game forum on the planet, fuck, sweet. I love forums where I don't know shit about anyone, or anything on it. D2net's forums, for example... I had "trade regulars" and people who usually posted interesting things. But too many swearwords, even bleeped ones, or breaking one tiny rule, and BAM your gone. That fear prevented anyone from... really making anything exciting, letting the forums seem like "home."

AGN always seemed like a "home" to me. It was fun to see other people fight, fight with other people... and have such a free form place to take shit to. Sure, I can still ask questions... but I have no fucking idea about anything.

I know everyone keep's saying shit like "AGN is a shell of what it was" and Ect... but really, I don't want to see this place turn into something just like PZC. Nice forum for ZC... but to me, ZC isn't what this forum is about. It's what it's built around, but not what it's about.

I know I care too much, ect ect ect.

you have waaay too many feelers... same as it ever was only people are maybe a bit more mature about shit.

Lilith
06-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Oh boo hoo, you feel horribly out of place? I guess because everyone dislikes you here. I was just re-reading a log I saved from a year ago where everyone was berating you in chat and you were acting clueless. Things don't seem to have changed. I don't know when you thought they did o-O

punkonjunk1024
06-21-2006, 04:25 AM
:(:(:(:(:(

How is your post helping what I said in any way, lilith?
And dear god... Why would you save a log for a year?

Darth Marsden
06-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Maybe because she has nothing better to do.

[Prepares for flaming]

AGN does have a personality - it's just a little confused at the moment, what with it's father dying, and the mortgage, and with ZC stepping out with men...

moocow
06-21-2006, 09:16 AM

A lot of people save chat logs. I used to, but... I stopped.

Lilith
06-21-2006, 09:46 AM

I'm just stating the obvious.
And I saved it because it was me, Breaker and Ted trolling and rolling in chat for the first time in years. And it made me happy.

Glitch
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM

Yeah it definately had nothing to do with the fact you where perma-banned.

You sir, are a retard.

AGN always seemed like a "home" to me.

YOU GET BANNED AND HATED AT HOME TOO?

Not on my watch.

That you need to shut the fuck up and not talk outta your ass.

Dechipher
06-21-2006, 10:37 AM
I wish every time someone made a post about a forum change, people didn't feel the need to make a "reality check" Either I'm completely aware of reality and I'm just a loser with too much spare time, or I'm some fucked up crazy fuck who doesn't realize how fucked up he is.
*caugh glenn caugh*
Either way, these post is not going to show me the way, or anyone else. And all it does is make you look like a jackass. We all know what reality is, and the relavance of a forum. And we should recognize some people take it more or less seriously. I don't take it as seriously as some, but it's a place where I've grown alot. ZC sparked my interest into programming in one fell swoop. As much as my participation in it sways, this place matters to me. *shrug*

I'm quite sure my post did not make me look like a jackass. I've had plenty of posts that did, but I don't think that was one of them. And I was not stating AGN's irrelevance. I was stating that it does, in fact, slow down every summer. I've been here a while, and that don't mean shit. But I kinda know how things go around here. Chances are if you're the only one who really has a problem with AGN's "lack of personality" then chances are, you don't know what you're talking about.

Regardless I hope this thread doesn't get closed, because it's pretty entertaining.

BTW, Glenn isn't really that fucked up. I mean, yeah he's got some problems, but we all kinda do. Just because he's the butt of a lot of jokes and he spends his time trying to take over internet forums doesn't mean that he's that far gone.

Archibaldo
06-21-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure who said it, because I'm too lazy to go and re-read all the posts but, yeah, I think the fact that the summer is coming is taking it's toll and AGN. I've only been here a couple of years and bother summers have been made AGN a barren wasteland. Just give it till the fall and it'll be back to almost normal.

rocksfan13
06-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I saw what happened last year in the summer. AGN did get a little dull, it didn't die, just slowed down. People do have Other things to do besides being on the internet 24/7. It's called a life. And I'm sorry if I offend anyone when I say, if you spend 95% of your time and life sitting on the internet then you've got issues.

Fall will bring the kids back to school and people back to work. The traffic will pick back up.

moocow
06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
And I'm sorry if I offend anyone when I say, if you spend 95% of your time and life sitting on the internet then you've got issues.

I spend my 40 hour work week on the computer. Booooo :(

rocksfan13
06-21-2006, 11:41 AM
That's not what I meant Mooie. LOL If it's at work or work related that's ok. I was refering to those that spend all of their free time on the internet. After and/or before work.

You don't have issues. Just a job.

moocow
06-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Nah, I was basically just trying to say that my job is boring and sucky :(

rocksfan13
06-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Nah, I was basically just trying to say that my job is boring and sucky :(

Isn't too many out there that aren't.
You do what you do to get by. Not all of us can be millionaires. :)

Besides, I tend to think that your personality is what got you the promotion on the staff.
No personality indeed. Hah!

Masamune
06-21-2006, 12:22 PM
General Bitching is gone u guyz!
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91723

And I wouldn't expect an internet forum to have any sort of "personality", PoJ. I have a hard time picking up this shit just by reading text anyway.

punkonjunk1024
06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
I saw what happened last year in the summer. AGN did get a little dull, it didn't die, just slowed down. People do have Other things to do besides being on the internet 24/7. It's called a life. And I'm sorry if I offend anyone when I say, if you spend 95% of your time and life sitting on the internet then you've got issues.

Fall will bring the kids back to school and people back to work. The traffic will pick back up.

This is what I mean about GB. This shit is trolling, and it can't get taken to GB if it gets irritating.

I have a job, too. ;)
And a home, and a life to support. I also happen to *GASP* like to spend some spare time on the internet.

Dechipher
06-21-2006, 01:40 PM
t's called a life. And I'm sorry if I offend anyone when I say, if you spend 95% of your time and life sitting on the internet then you've got issues.

This shit is trolling, and it can't get taken to GB if it gets irritating.

Please refrain from such posts, and resolve any disputes in private.
So now instead of bitching about someone publicaly we have to do it privately. If you actually want to solve a dispute, that's the best route.

I don't think rocksfan was trolling. He specifically stated he wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm pretty sure it's a general statement. That wasn't a trolling statement.

Either way, these post is not going to show me the way, or anyone else. And all it does is make you look like a jackass.

I'm pretty sure that is.

Breaker
06-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm nice?? :O