PDA

View Full Version : AGN Convention, 06?

Dechipher
06-17-2006, 11:45 PM
I was planning on going this year. Anyone got the word on that?

ShadowTiger
06-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I was planning on going when I finish college. Two years from now. Right. Has anyone ever considering taking it somewhere to a spot suitable for skiing? You guys have been to a lakefront, (Quite a few places to go swimming, I recall.) among other places, but never anywhere cold. I'm pretty sure they keep a few places up and running for skiing even during the summer. Hard to find, but possible.

Or we can go to Australia this year. Might be nice to see it if you're not there already. :p They made the trip last year, so...

Somewhat off topic, ... there haven't been any AGN Superlatives for quite a while. Might be time to discuss those eventually.

phattonez
06-18-2006, 01:19 AM
I had brought up the superlatives a few months ago, but no one wanted to do it. I wish someone would do it, though.

moocow
06-18-2006, 01:32 AM
I was planning on going this year. Anyone got the word on that?

I don't think anyone had the time/willpower to plan one this year. :(

goKi
06-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Australia in January '07, any takers?

Masamune
06-18-2006, 02:07 AM
No.

goKi
06-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Oh, well that saves embarassment. Douchebags weren't invited anyway. :o

Masamune
06-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Good thing it will not be occuring in Australia then. That would only tempt a few of them, wouldn't it? :x

goKi
06-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Wtf? Shut your mouth.

Masamune
06-18-2006, 02:31 AM
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91723

:X

GENERAL BITCHING IS GONE, GOKI! D:

Limzo
06-18-2006, 03:09 AM
What! The AGN convention ACTUALLY happens and people ACTUALLY meet each other?

phattonez
06-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Might I direct you to the archives (http://www.armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128) Limzo. Go ahead and take a look at previous conventions.

biggiy05
06-18-2006, 04:00 AM

Depends. Are you buying my plane ticket?

Might be something to think about if people can afford it.

goKi
06-18-2006, 07:03 AM
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91723

:X

GENERAL BITCHING IS GONE, GOKI! D:

You're right. One more outburst and you're banned for 3 days.

2. No spamming
Spamming is defined as posting nonsense for the sake of disrupting a thread or solely for upping your post count. If something you post could not stand alone as a sentence and make sense, it's probably spam.

Here at AGN, we classify trolling as spamming.

Verman
06-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Yes, australia would be hell far... but a plane ticket isn't expensive anymore really. I would have thoughta about it if it was in the northern states somewhere heh.

And wow, another admin above the law! Course no argument that they should be or not but you did more or less goad him into it (almost like entrapment.) see:

GOKI: "Oh, well that saves embarassment. Douchebags weren't invited anyway. :o"

So he defends himself, and it wasn't actully a flame at all in his defence just deflected it so you called other people "douchebags". And then you WTF and ban him.

Is this going to be normal procedure now? Can I expect you to now call me a name or make some rude comment and I will have to sit here and take it because your an admin? please let me know.

EDIT: because it wasn't trolling unless the definition of trolling has been updated to include "pissing off the admin who doesn't like you." In which case agian, let me know so I maybe don't do it.

rocksfan13
06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Yes, australia would be hell far... but a plane ticket isn't expensive anymore really. I would have thoughta about it if it was in the northern states somewhere heh.

I agree. Maybe a little closer to the states would be nice.

And wow, another admin above the law!

I don't think he went over the law. Masamune went into GB and goKi pointed it out. Mas furthered it and goKi followed through with the rules.

Verman
06-19-2006, 09:41 AM
He didn't go over the law... Theres no law for an admin, he did how ever goad him into that. It just really makes Goki look like an immature whiner. Any respect I had for him is gone now (not that I'm important enough to matter).

And what are you even talking about rocksfan? Masa went into GB? GB is gone as he pointed out. Why talk if you have no idea what you are talking about, please actully read the entire thread before you try and brown-nose.

And Goki I just want answers to the questions for my own references, so I know how to act in the new "bush-like" regime I guess.

Thank you.

rocksfan13
06-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I meant he started to Bitch like in GB. I did not mean that GB exists.

Maybe he goated him into it, but he didn't whine about it. I am just defending what goKi did and not "brown-nosing" the admin. I just think he was in the right for what he did.

moocow
06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
I think it'd be a great idea to get back on topic and take any arguments about Masa being banned and/or goKi "abusing his powers" take it to PM.

PS: I definitely can't afford Austrailia. :(

Master Ghaleon
06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Lets get the topic back to the convention please.

I will love to goto another one. I had a blast with everyone the last one that we had even though our data ports will need to be upgraded :D

rocksfan13
06-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Absolutely.

I don't think I could afford to fly to Australia. Even though I would love to visit. Really though, how many members here actually live in or around the outback, aside from goKi of course?

goKi
06-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Lol. i didn't ban him.

I gave him a warning. Another senior staff member suggested the ban.

Way to jump to conclusions.

The bigger problem with Masamune is that he thought that he was immune from a banning because i hate him. You've confirmed that by automatically accusing me. He'll be back in a day, and if he 'pisses me off' again (read: troll threads in an effort to derail them), the ban will be extended. Again. It was not me who banned him. gg.

Also, Verman, i work with a guy like you. Do you have a positive opinion of anything?

rocksfan13
06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Here's a question. Who actually organizes these conventions? Is a group of individuals or does the staff do it?

goKi
06-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Last year it was Master Ghaleon and cyberkitten.

rocksfan13
06-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Maybe they could organize it again? But being some of the members here are not of the US, how would you find a good meeting place?

This would definately be something I would like to see.

Archibaldo
06-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Now I know you all want the convention held in Quebec. Drinking age is only 18 ;).

moocow
06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm already old enough to drink, so that doesn't really pertain to me... :p

rocksfan13
06-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Same here. Although, Quebec I could definately do!

moocow
06-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I wanna go camping and drink beer. Let's go.

rocksfan13
06-19-2006, 11:40 AM
There's an idea. An AGN campout/convention! Imagine all the wasted souls! LOL

Verman
06-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Ok goki. Whatever floats your boat! I don't find everything wrong with things, I don't find anything wrong with you banning who you want for no reason, I just wanted to know if you were going to start doing it. I could care less :P

As for you not banning him, does it matter? your the one who posted he was banned and your the one who took a suggestion, I wonder who it came from :P

I didn't jump to a conclusion because in the end its still you even if you try to roll blame somewhere else for god knows what reason. :P I would just say "yeah, it was me so fucking what?" and then we would know how it runs :D none of this subtle bullshit.

As of the conference stuff, it would be an interesting vacation to say the least, i've been to Florida, toronto and a couple other places but some random place in the states would be interesting. I just have to sneak across the border maybe. ;) could be fun, even though im sure no one wants to meet me hah...

Sir_Johnamus
06-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Sounds nice. Just an FYI: The picture links for the previous conventions are broken.

moocow
06-19-2006, 01:52 PM
There's an idea. An AGN campout/convention! Imagine all the wasted souls! LOL

Actually, the first two conventions were campouts, and I had fun at both. I'd love to do that again.

biggiy05
06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Actually, the first two conventions were campouts, and I had fun at both. I'd love to do that again.

That is a scary thought. A bunch of us camping. 3am and someone is pissing on the side of a tent singing row row row your boat.

I'm in if I don't end up in the hospital for my surgery.

Verman
06-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Could we hunt bears? With spears and knifes while all messed up on mushrooms? We will stick a stake in its head prop it up and dance around it naked!

Oh that could be fun! if so I'm in!

goKi
06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
As for you not banning him, does it matter? your the one who posted he was banned and your the one who took a suggestion, I wonder who it came from :P

Show me where i posted this.

http://www.armageddongames.net/announcement.php?f=102

Unless my name has suddenly become Daarksied, that is.

Dechipher
06-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Okay, so like I think we all want to do one. What if it were mid July? That's enough time to plan, right? Maybe I'm being optimistic, but this would be the first year I could go, and maybe the last.

It's possible that I MIGHT be able to help plan it, if I don't creep too many people out.

biggiy05
06-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Okay, so like I think we all want to do one. What if it were mid July? That's enough time to plan, right? Maybe I'm being optimistic, but this would be the first year I could go, and maybe the last.

It's possible that I MIGHT be able to help plan it, if I don't creep too many people out.

You give me nightmares just thinking about you planning the convention.

Joking.

Lilith
06-20-2006, 03:16 AM
Instead of camping we should go to an urban area and see how it rolls. LIKE CHICAGO

moocow
06-20-2006, 09:24 AM

I just need time to get enough money for it...

Dechipher
06-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Since the convention takes a few months to plan (thanks, goKi) who says it has to be in the summer? What if we pulled a weekend in the fall sometime? October. We could all go trick-or-treating.

Joking.

Seriously though, I'm sure we could come up with something. Again, I may just be overly optimistic, but maybe not.