PDA

View Full Version : Dugeons

Quoward
06-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Hello everyone,

Please forgive me for I am a n00b when it comes to this program since I just picked it up the other day. Anyway, my question is I have started my first dugeon for my quest and I was wondering is there a way to "save the state" of a room after completing it so if you die you do not have to continue redoing the same puzzles over and over? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Quoward

Pineconn
06-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately not. For whatever reason, things aren't saved in dungeons. Even the permanent trigger isn't permanent. Actually, it would be nice if this could be 'fixed' with a screen flag or something, but for now, dungeon-type Dmaps can't retain the outcome of the puzzle. :shrug:

Darth Pikachu
06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
If you are using v2.10, you could use two separate DMaps to make it look like it was a permanent puzzle. After the player solves the puzzle, you could put warps on layer one that the player can't see that warps them to DMap two. In DMap two, make the room look like the puzzle was already solved. Though this might be a little bit advanced for a noob. :D

Pineconn
06-15-2006, 11:51 PM
(Which is why I didn't go there. :rolleyes: Besides, the warps to the new Dmap wouldn't be permanent, either.)

Well, you could use a cave Dmap, but I wouldn't. Normal locked doors and normal shutters/normal 1-way-shutters aren't possible, but the outcome of the puzzle would be permanent [I believe]. Additionally, you wouldn't get that 2-tile boost from screen to screen.

Quoward
06-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks a lot for the replies. I guess puzzle saves will be something to hopefully look forward to in the future versions. Your ideas are a little advanced for me for sure. ^^

I do have another question. I have the entrance to my dungeon on the overworld (of course) and the only way I could get my link to actually enter the entrance room of my dungeon was by dropping a blue square (sry forgot the name for the thing). By doing that though it makes link kind of just drop into the room and it just doesn't look good. Its been a long time since I've played the nes games but I'm pretty sure thats not how it goes. =P Is there a way to make my entrance to the dungeon look a little nicer? Probably the last thing I should be messing with but it just really bugs me. ^-^

Thanks ahead of time
Quoward

alfinchkid
06-18-2006, 05:00 PM
What do you mean he just drops?

If you mean he goes down in his steps, that's normal, it's default. If you want to make him look like he's going in, then right-click the combo on the combos menu (Quest>Graphics>Combos) and change the description of the combo form "Cave (Walk Down)" to "Cave (Walk Up)". Hopefully that answers your question. :)

erm2003
06-18-2006, 06:21 PM
If you are talking about the first room of the dungeon itself, place the green square in the middle of the doorway as far down as you can. It will set it up so that Link walks through the south door when going into the dungeon.

Love For Fire
06-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I always thought there was some sort of bug that made Link take a step down when entering a dungeon. Out of habit I put the green box on the the first floor tile row.