PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Zelda room

alfinchkid
06-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I want to have a Zelda room, then a mini-game quest (like Dodge the Arrows) will be completely done.

I'm having problems setting it up. I have the layout. I set the guy to Zelda. I set the Room type to Zelda. I set a single Zelda flag off-center by one square (as close to the center as I can get it). But I come in, the fire's there, but there's a tile in the middle of the room (exact middle, between 2 tiles, including the one the flag's on). It's the default tile that happens when you right-click a red square. Except it's white.

But it's wierd. I step on the flagged tile, and Link looks at where Zelda should be, then Zelda appears holding a triforce, and Link holds up his. I don't know how to fix it. Could you guys help me?

rocksfan13
06-14-2006, 12:11 PM
The zelda flag ends the game. That's why you get that. If you want it to go to the mini game area, you need to set a warp to another screen that gives the option to use the mini game or to end the quest. Freedom did something similar to this with Castle Haunt 2.

Is your zelda guy actually a tile of Zelda?

alfinchkid
06-14-2006, 03:06 PM
No, I think you're missing it. This quest shouldn't last longer than an hour. All it is is a mini-game. It ends on a Zelda flag. I want it to do the end-game thing when you get there. It's the icon in the very middle that's the problem.

Here's a picture:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/alfinchkid/zeldaroomzq.jpg

That's where the flag is located.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/alfinchkid/zeldaroomzc.jpg

That's what the room looks like in game.

Pineconn
06-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Ah, you want that garbage tile to be Zelda. I'll assume you use version 2.10. If you didn't make any changes to the sprites and the way they are set up, the two Zelda tiles (Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles) should be 35 (Zelda standing) and 36 (Zelda holding up item [which would be only the Triforce]). Hopefully that helps.

Zelda_Warrior
06-15-2006, 12:01 AM
don forget to set the room type (sometimes, for me, it deletes the settings i have for the room o.o)

alfinchkid
06-15-2006, 12:46 AM
It's all set exactly as you guys say it should be. I don't know what's up.

Pineconn
06-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Looking through the tutorial step-by-step, perhaps you misused the Zelda flag... In the tutorial, the Zelda flag is placed more than just once... Perhaps you can place the Zelda flag on the 4 tiles surrounding the supposed-to-be Zelda.

If this doesn't work, try changing the guy to anything else. If another guy appears correctly, like Abei, then we know that the Zelda guy is in error. Do that if the first technique doesn't work, then report it. :)

alfinchkid
06-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Nope. The flags didn't help. And the wierd-looking tile is there even with a different guy.

Pineconn
06-16-2006, 07:03 PM
I thought of this last night. Maybe the Dmap the Zelda room is in isn't set to level 9 and dungeon... Not sure if this matters, though. :confuse2:

alfinchkid
06-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Holy crap, that worked! (it also fixed a problem I had with the shutters not closing). Thanks a bunch.

Pineconn
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM
No problem at all. ;)