PDA

View Full Version : Advice for selling on Ebay

ZeldaFan001
06-13-2006, 04:03 AM
I've been wanting to do this for some time, but don't really know how to start. The thing is, I have some goods that I want to sell, for example, a cell phone, a razor (new, but opened), a digital camera, my Game Boy Advance, but have no idea how to get started. Basically, if anyone here can give me advice for selling my junk, that'll be great.

I have another digital camera to take pictures with, all the stuff I want to sell works great, (GBA doesn't even have any scratches on its screen) and even includes original boxes and instruction manuals. I also have an Ebay account. I don't have PayPal, thus will require that the buyer pays by check or money order.

I think that's everything. Ideas?

gdorf
06-13-2006, 02:38 PM
You seem to know most of the answers already. For anything else, just look at some of the other successful people selling on ebay and mimic their descriptions and page layout.

As far as taking pictures, a couple lamps and some white pillowcases/sheets can build you a jerry-rigged soft box (http://www.tabletopstudio.com/images/Gallery/TableTopStudioGalleryThumbs.htm), which is perfect for ebay product shots.

MottZilla
06-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Getting PayPal will increase the amount of people willing to bid on your auctions vastly. I highly recommend it. Without Paypal alot of buyer will skip over your auction if there are other similar ones with Paypal. Another tip is you should always insure the item when you send it. And make any return/refund policy crystal clear. Also people really like to have shipping costs listed as a flat fee or have the shipping calculator available.

I generally estimate the cost and list a flat fee for the particular item. The last tip I have is you should set your preferences to block buyers that you don't want to deal with. I.E. 0 feedback buyers, negative feedback buyers, buyers in other countries you can't ship to, etc.

goKi
06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Don't overcharge for shipping, either. Most of the seasoned eBayers know roughtly the cost of shipping a certain item over ground postage.