PDA

View Full Version : A surprising moment in Gaming...

algam86
06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
This is just something I noticed...for some reason, an Oracle, who has crappy attack power, takes more with a Stick (think Spear) than a Lancer (or in this case, a Knight) with a Lance.

Basically, Ramza as an Oracle at Level 20 (Oracle lv. 4) took about 96 HP off of a Black Goblin with a Musk Rod as an Oracle. My Knight of a similar level (with Equip Spear, Knight Lv. 3, I believe) took about 60 HP with a Mythril Spear on the same enemy.

:confused: Wait, WHAT? For such crappy attack power, Ramza just shamed the knight. I just thought it might be interesting to bring up how a magic user can beat the crap out of a fighter with a stick. Odd, but I guess they needed something to make up for all the status magic.

So, anything rather unexpected ever happen to anyone else in a game? If so, post it here. (Getting lucky counts, too.) Just so it actually has something to write about.

Dark Knight
06-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, what are the attack ratings of the rod and spear and what is Ramza's strength compared to the knight?

algam86
06-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Let's see...Musk Rod has 8 Attack, and Ramza'a strength is currently 6. (I think it was four during that fight, since I didn't give him that Twist Headband until just recently.) The Knight has a strength of 7, and his Mythril Spear has 10 Attack.

I just checked it out on a Juravis. With the Twist Headband, Ramza would take 72 with his Musk Rod, and the Knight would only take 70 with his Mythril Spear.

Huh.