PDA

View Full Version : Ripping tiles from roms?

Link-Master900
06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
i know it can be done but how do i do it cus i got a few LEGAL roms but i dont know how to rip and u may ask how are the roms legal 1: i own the nes system (it did brake tho) 2: I OWN THE GAME CARTAGES but those are lost in my basement (im afraid to go down cus there was a few spiders down there)

Majora
06-12-2006, 05:25 PM
as far as actually hacking the ROMS I don't know shit about shit. here's what i do: some emulators let you take snap-shots of the screen while you're playing. try that.:D

algam86
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Take a snapshot (depends on the emulator you're using). Rip it into ZQuest, and that'll do. Might take a few tries to make sure the shot's aligned to get decent tiling, though.

Pretty much the above.

Nicholas Steel
06-12-2006, 10:42 PM
for the SNES you can generaly disable layers and then take a snapshot.

cbailey78
06-19-2006, 04:54 PM
You know what, you can hit PrtSc (Print Screen) on your keyboard and it copy a computer screen snapshot and you can paste it in MsPaint.

Questwizard88
06-20-2006, 10:05 AM
There was also a program around back in the days that would let you find and rip tiles from roms, but I don't remember what it was called now. I lost it last time I reformatted. If anyone could get me a copy again, it would be great. (Wait a minute, wasn't it RomView or something like that???)

RockyBlackburn
07-04-2006, 01:14 AM
I found this site "http://www.zophar.net/trans/tranutil.html". There seems to be some interesting programs there. "Graphics Extractor and Inserter" seems like it might do the trick. I haven't used it myself, so no promises. (DOS based program). Or maybe try some of the other programs. Scroll down about 3/4's of the way, look under Tile Editers.

Hope this helps!

*b*
07-04-2006, 05:26 AM
for NES, SNES, and Gameboy tiles, use Tile Layer Pro, though you will have to recolor. just highlight the area of tiles you want, and hit extract, and it'll save it in a ZC friendly .bmp file. however, you may need to arrange some tiles

screenshots suck as far as ripping goes. most times, people will take them off-center, and the colors are, more often than not, scrambled beyond recognition. though, some people find that it works, so I guess it just depends on what you prefer