PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Dmaps

Link-Master900
06-10-2006, 05:51 PM
ok here is the problem i made a small dungeon when i tested it the palette went from grayish sliver to the regular color and link vanished the sprite wasnt there and i couldnt move around and test the mini dungeon im using 2.10 can anyone tell me what im doing wrong i cant previde a screen shot because its on another computer unfortonatly can anyone help me though with this problem

Edit: ok now it puts me in the wrong room its getting annoying now is this a glitch with the program???

Love For Fire
06-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Do you have the green square set up properly? The pallete has to be selected on the dungeon DMap or else it won't show. In ZQuest, the colors help you see what it looks like, but in the game, the DMap tells ZC what pallete to use. Go to the dungeon entrance room, and put the green square where you want Link to start. Also make sure your tile warp is going to the right room.

Cronic
06-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm posting this because I see alot of posts in which people mix these up and it can get very difficult to understand that way:
Csets are NOT the same thing as palletes!
A pallete in ZC/ZQ is a square of 16x16 colors (256 colors total). A Cset on the other hand is 1 horizontal row of 16 colors within the pallete. Each Combo can use 2 Csets: the standard one and a second one by using the Cset2 feature. The first Cset can only be Cset 0-5. With the Cset2 feature you can use almost any Cset on the pallete. Every Dmap has 1 pallete asigned to it, but level palletes (basicly every pallete besides the main pallete and the 2 extra sprite palletes) use only Csets 2 and 3 and 4 and 9. Csets 0,1, 5-8 and 10 and beyond are always the same on every Dmap. These Csets are set on the main pallete and cannot be changed per Dmap/level pallete. So keep in mind that you can basicly only use 3 Csets per lvl pallete and 1 more if work around it and you have the combospace.

So, to sum things up:
- If you are talking about which pallete a sprite uses, your wrong. Every sprite uses the same pallete, with a few exeptions on some bosses and other things. What you probably mean is what Cset a sprite uses, because they can differ from sprite to sprite.
- Only a few Csets are available for combos, so use your color space carefully and use multiple Dmaps (and so more Level palletes) per map/area.
- A few Csets can not be used/changed at all. If you look at the main pallete you will see it reaches from Csets 0 to 14, which is 15 Csets. ZC/ZQ use 16 Csets, so 1 Csets is taken by the game menus/borders etc. There also are a few Csets that you can change, but cannot asign sprites to use to. Why this is I don't now, but some of the higher Csets can not be used by sprites or combos, so you can basicly ignore those, they are for sertain special things in the game like screen flashes and triforce effects, best not to mess with that to much.

Hope this helps explain some stuff (mods, pin this if you want to, fine with me).

make sure you've selected the proper level pallete under Quest/dmap/edit ....color etc

I tried takin snaps for ya, but it's been a while, and i don'[t recal how to take a screen cap anymore hehe

Link-Master900
06-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Thank you that worked but i have 3 more questions 1 how can i put a boss in the dungeon 2 when i pick up my triforce peice it takes me to a green screen where 4 blue keese attack me after i defeat them and i head down the screen i go back into the triforce room whats going on with this 3 i can walk though my dungeon walls Without the cheat im sorry im asking all these questions but im trying to make this so badly

Cronic
06-10-2006, 07:24 PM
1 how can i put a boss in the dungeon

First select the boss from the enemies list (where you go to place enemy flags) the go to data/Enemy Flags and select The box marked Dungeon boss

2 when i pick up my triforce peice it takes me to a green screen where 4 blue keese attack me after i defeat them and i head down the screen i go back into the triforce room whats going on with this

Make sure while in the triforce room editing you set the side warp
when you enter the dungeon thats based on a tile warp when you pic up the triforce it takes you to where ever the side warp is set to ...be sure to set the link start flag on the screen you wish the triforce room to dump you out in as well

3 i can walk though my dungeon walls Without the cheat im sorry im asking all these questions but im trying to make this so badly

make sure your using the proper Dmap type ...remember there are a few dmap types the one you want is dungeon ...again thats done I believe through the dmap edit screen

Love For Fire
06-10-2006, 11:42 PM
2. Cronic is probably right, but set BOTH the tile warp as a insta-warp w/zap effects as well as the side warp as an entrance/exit warp both to the same screen. Having both wouldn;t hurt, as that's how I had originally learned it.

3. The reason why your walking through walls isn't the DMap, it's that your wall tiles aren't solid. Press 'W' on your screen to check for walkability. Anything that is pink is solid. If the wall combos are not solid, right click them on the combo sheet and make them that way.

Cronic
06-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Ultimatly ...Example first Quest is the ultimate reference source for basic quest building skills ...Open it up, and examine how all of it is setup and though ZC takes some time to learn it's waaay worth it.