PDA

View Full Version : this is a problem.

Lilith
06-09-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm reading cookbooks and I'm starving and there's nothing to really cook with, also I'm lazy and I don't know how to cook. But it looks SO GOOD.

I want to learn how to cook. When I move out I will try, my excuse is I don't want everyone eating my damn food since they eat anything I buy, anyway.

So tell me, can you cook? What do you like to cook and eat? Oh my god I am starving guys.

Master Ghaleon
06-09-2006, 10:24 PM
You asked the right person ;) I love to cook Meatloaf and anything Italian. Im not too picky, Ill eat just about anything except some seafood and wildgame stuff

mikeron
06-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I want to learn how to cook. When I move out I will try, my excuse is I don't want everyone eating my damn food since they eat anything I buy, anyway.Make two of everything, put ipecac in one, making it into a sort of shell game inside your refrigerator. After a while, the ipecac won't be necessary.

Also, kudos on actually going for cooking instead of "learning how to mix drinks, 'cause its more useful".

phattonez
06-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I can make eggs, bacon, toast, etc. I can grill, make pasta, etc.

Whatever's simple, I can do it.

Cronic
06-09-2006, 11:08 PM
I love tp cook, but rarely will I eat any of it I cook mostly for the women in my life, and it ranges anywhere from a simple grilled cheese to shit i don't understand at all involving foods i've never tasted heheh ...long story short is so long as you follow instructions from the book you will be ok =)

biggiy05
06-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Chocolate chip cookies that are already made, you just have to bake them. Everyone goes nuts at my place when I make them. My friends come over and they are gone in a minute.

I can do the basic stuff, mac and cheese, ramen noodles, buttered noodles, muffins that you just have to mix and bake. If I have the foods in front of me and I know what I am making I can do it, give me the directions and I can probably do it. I'm trying to learn new things to cook.

Lilith I am with you on the starving thing. I want some food but I have no idea what to make. Cornbread sounds good right now for some odd reason.

moocow
06-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I can cook, but I'm way better at baking.

Although, my chicken alfredo with homemade sauce is totally <3

Yoshiman
06-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I can cook simple things like pasta, tacos, and french toast without having to look at a book. More complicated stuff like seasoned meats and fried rice I have to look at a recipe or have someone show me how to do it.

Basically, if I don't already know how to make it, I just need a cookbook or the side of the box and I'm good.

Daarkseid
06-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Basically, if I don't already know how to make it, I just need a cookbook or the side of the box and I'm good.

Thats about the extent of my culinary abilities.

Masamune
06-10-2006, 12:48 AM
I can cook pretty much anything as long as there's a recipe. I learned a lot about cooking from my mom and helping her out and stuff. I ended making my own badass hotsauce at one point. I should look for the recipe I wrote down again...

Jigglysaint
06-10-2006, 01:19 AM
I rarely need to cook anything. Once I move out I think I'll try my hand at things. Usually I tend to make weird things, like melted chocolate, whipped cream, hot chocolate powder, and whatever elase and just freeze it. I once made home made Tootsie Roll by combining powered creamer with a whole bunch of stuff.

Jemsee
06-10-2006, 05:37 AM
I can cook most things, but like you Im lazy.
Its not hard really, just got to get all the stuff togather, and put it in the oven.
Grilling is great, all we been doing here for the last month, used the stove for
some vegiees maybe, but most of the meat gos on the grill.
Just had chicken tonight, and last night it was chops, braugts tonight maybe.

Rainman
06-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I've been making stuff recently to varied levels of success. I've been trying to eat better recently so I have made things sometimes to get a good meal. I can't get to fantasy yet. If the direction are much more complicated than mix and cook I'm not going to attempt.

Darth Marsden
06-10-2006, 12:10 PM
If I have instructions and it doesn't involve fruit, then chances are I can make it. Not that I will (I am, and probably always will be, a burger-and-chips kinda guy), but I could. Probably.

MacWeirdo42
06-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I find the most annoying thing about cooking is deciding what to cook. I can never make up my mind about what I want for dinner or whatever, so I end up going the lazy route and making something simple because I can't think of anything else.

That, and you always have the problem of never having the proper ingredients. Ugh, I hate dealing with vegetables. You buy them for something, but then they spoil before you get a chance to use 'em. Yeesh!

VEL
06-10-2006, 11:37 PM
The most complicated thing I make would probably be pizza that I make out of crust, cheese, sauce, and pepperoni. I also sometimes cook frozen things like fish sticks, pizza, corn dogs, pretzels.