PDA

View Full Version : Loose Tiles and music

triforceholder
06-08-2006, 07:12 PM
1. How can i load loose tiles i download into my quest? There was another thread with something about "ifanview"(?), but now i can't find it.

2. How can i convert a midi file into a .wav file?

Pineconn
06-08-2006, 07:53 PM
1. Put the tiles you downloaded into your ZC folder. Go to Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles. Select an empty tile, then Grab, then File. Select your file, hit OK. Select your tile(s), then hit OK. If you're using version 2.10, you'll need to recolor them. However, if you're using 2.11, there's some way of automatic coloring that I don't know about (since I don't use 2.11 and won't until an official release). But for 2.10, that's how.

2. Why? Well, you'd have to record it by either microphone or internally. You'd have to play the MIDI, then record it with a program you have. To select the method, open your computer's volume control. Go to Options -> Properties. Select Recording, then OK. You need to choose microphone (for microphone) or mono out (for internal recording; that is, it would record whatever your computer is playing). When you save your recorded MIDI, it'll be a .wav file. There is no way to directly convert it without recording it.