PDA

View Full Version : working on a help file

idontknow
06-07-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm thinking of working on a help file (a .txt document with little to no formatting). Its very basic, no pictures, graphics, etc, just a detailed file describing the latest features & how to use them. The areas i plan on covering are:

01) Making Treasure Chests (using the treasure chest combos)
02) Magic Spells (Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, & Nayru's Love)
03) Room State Carry Overs & Global Triggers
04) Timed Warps
05) Freeform Combos
06) Singular Flags & Isolated Secrets
07) True Arrows (includes Arrow Pick-up items, quivers, & Z3 subscreen)
08) Bomb Bags
09) Multiple Warps
10) Save Points
11) Combo Alliases
12) Block Puzzles (covers all push flags, block triggers, and block hole flag)
13) Inherent Flags
14) New Combo Types (step combos, sensitive warps, autowarps, block <item> combos, etc.)
15) New Flags (review block holes & singular flags, plus new fairy flags & any others)
16) New Quest Rules & Screen Flags
17) Relational & Dungeon Carving Modes
18) Tiered Secrets
19) Editing Link's Sprite (original, BS, & z3 animation, z3 style movement, large hit box, link tile modifiers)
20) Tips for Cut Scenes
21) Tricks of the Trade
22) Misc Info (new hot keys, scroll to combo, and other functions)

Would this be worth my time? (especially since so much of it is complicated & may need to be accompanied by pictures or other media) If so, what suggestions might you have for me?

ShadowTiger
06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, I know that I'm putting together a tutorial on something fairly similar along with the guys over at ZCU, (In my sig.) so if you want to converse with them and work together to help make it, it'd be nice to get more and more of the general ZC community working on such a thing, which would obviously be massively helpful to the entire community as a whole. Thanks IDK! :highfive:

koopa
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Something like this is one of the things the ZC community needs most of all ... next to a new version of the beta, perhaps. It would be really great, and you'd be most welcome to join us at ZCU. I'm currently updating zquest.txt too, adding all the new stuff etc.

We need some kind of official 2.11 help file, and if you'd like to help ...