PDA

View Full Version : Developers should just settle down

Siguy
06-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I think that the developers should settle down with implementing new features and just focus on bugs. That way we would all be happy to have a new version of ZC that would tie us off for a while and then the developers could start working on another version with more features. It's not like there's a limit to the number of releases.

Nicholas Steel
06-07-2006, 01:47 AM
theres like an extra 5 people working on it since last beta... im sure that the next release will be close to perfect bugwise... + it will have tons of new stuff... thus i cant wait much more for it...

Rakki
06-07-2006, 02:41 AM
I'd say the "settle down" portion of 2.11 development should wait until they near a FULL release. That's the time to stop adding things and just fix what's currently broken.

Cloral
06-07-2006, 12:22 PM
No actually bugfixing takes a lot of time and effort. It would make sense for them to focus on bugs now.

Rakki
06-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Did I say it didn't take a lot of time and effort? Who says "near a full release" has to be close to it's release date-wise anyway? To clarify, I was talking, version-wise. I'm not saying they shouldn't try fixing bugs now, but the time to get the ENTIRE team to ONLY focus on bug-fixing should wait till after the final beta versions of 2.11 are released.

Nicholas Steel
06-08-2006, 01:24 AM
in that sense there can never be a final release if they fix the bugs after the beta can they? because they release the beta to find bugs... thus they will have to release a beta without bugs in it before they can make a full (bug free) release.

(im partialy confused with this post of mine)

Love For Fire
06-08-2006, 08:16 AM
I agree with Cloral and Siguy in that bugs should be the main areas of focus for now. That way, people can use beta 11 to build relatively bug free quests. And from my little computer science C++ programming knowledge, bug fixing is the most painful job of writing code.

System Error
06-08-2006, 07:05 PM
To be honest, all I really care about is that when a full, "stable" build is released, that it is free of any extremely stupid bugs that are easy to catch. This has happened two out of the last two times (with 1.83 and 2.10, the map bug and MIDI bug respectively). Also, another thing I want to see them do is finish what they've started instead of adding tons of other stuff. Specifically, there are a few enemies (IE: Floormasters, Fire Dodongos, etc.) that have been waiting to be implemented for a long time (they have their own space in the new enemy tiles), but they have not. The only one that has are the Boulders. In that time, new enemies have come along.

WindStrike
06-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Well, I know for a fact - as said on ZCU Summer Plans thread - that one of Koopa's goals was to finish up beta 11 and start beta 12. So mayhaps we should wait 'til we see what beta 11 has to offer before asking the developers to settle down on features.