PDA

View Full Version : Save the Date

Beldaran
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
On June 30th, 2006, at 11:30am, I am scheduled to be surgically sterilized.

I'm looking forward to many years of worry-free sex with my girlfriend, and a long life of no children. =)

Anyone else here planning to not have kids?

moocow
06-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Congratulations on that.

Cronic
06-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Just save some off to the side in case you ever change your mind ....It's as simple as that ...never overlook the idea that you may someday find something that you want to pass on to the next generation so get yourself some jizz ala cart before the procedure and you'll never have to look back ...just use it appropraitly :p

Beldaran
06-05-2006, 02:18 PM

... unless...are you being sarcastic?

rocksfan13
06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I already have 3. I think that's enough. I'm in line right behind ya.

Glitch
06-05-2006, 04:02 PM
lol you're getting the zip taken outta your do da.

ShadowTiger
06-05-2006, 04:18 PM
lol Glitch. Well let's look at it this way. You spend the money on one operation, (Hopefully ONLY one ... ) and you never need to buy condoms again.

Of course, be aware that these things can occasionally reverse themselves. Whether it's true or not, (Nobody go searching at Snopes or anything; just listen to the moral. XD ) if your girlfriend suddenly gets pregnant, get yourself tested before jumping to any conclusions.

Rainman
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Of course, be aware that these things can occasionally reverse themselves. Whether it's true or not, (Nobody go searching at Snopes or anything; just listen to the moral. XD ) if your girlfriend suddenly gets pregnant, get yourself tested before jumping to any conclusions.
I don't see how. Vasectomies involve severing the tube (vas deferens) that delivers sperm to mix into the semen that you ejaculate. Unless the surgeon botches the operation or your body magically reconnects the tubes I don't see any possibility of a reversal. Sounds like scare tactics.

Beldaran
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
It has happened before, but the ratio of occurance registers so far below 1% that it's negligable, and as Rainman said, it only happens because of incompetence on the part of the doctor.

Hopefully everything will go fine with mine. :)

Here's the Wikipedia Entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy).

As you can see, there are no sexual or hormonal side effects. It just turns your deadly weapon into a toy.

Rainman
06-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Huh, in that case I suggest getting a sperm count measurement after the test to make sure.

Toolie
06-05-2006, 05:21 PM
I just fell in love with Cronic's idea. Sterlization, with a side of sperm saved for when you're ready for kids. That's brilliant.

SomaLlama
06-05-2006, 05:54 PM
"I want to have kids, but can't because I'm a huge loser with no penis and I can't get laid."
put this one because... i want minions eventually... i dont have a penis... and iv been being a total loser lately >:O

goKi
06-05-2006, 07:40 PM
I definately plan on having kids.

Cronic
06-05-2006, 07:53 PM
I just fell in love with Cronic's idea. Sterlization, with a side of sperm saved for when you're ready for kids. That's brilliant.

yep ...stick it where ya like when ya like from there and let science grab your back if you choose to have children ;) Not only that but it will ultimatly make you very very choosey in who has it thus making you much more prepared for child rearing in general ...of course the old fashioned way still works, but i prefer a strategy =)

bigjoe
06-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't trouble the world with whatever gross imbeciles would spring from my loins.

So no kids. :D

Master Ghaleon
06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
I gotta little dude and I dont regret it

Lilith
06-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm kind of either way. I don't really have much of a maternal instinct, but I'm still kind of curious about pregnancy/kids, but just as in idea. In reality, not so much, considering I have reproductive probs, I'm afraid of pregnancy and I really hate long-term messy commitments that you can't get out of (haha I rule). I'm on birth control all the time for my ovary probs anyway, so probably don't have to worry. I guess if I ever feel like really having them I'll adopt. I like the idea of adoption more than having kids. That would be when I was old and more settled though, like 40-50. Maybe. I want to run around like a crazy person first and see what my direction in life is. Idk. Oh, that and any guy I am ever seriously bangin' is not the father type.

RoamMaster
06-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Lilith
I guess if I ever feel like really having them I'll adopt. I like the idea of adoption more than having kids. That would be when I was old and more settled though, like 40-50.

Agreed I'm cerrtainly not responsible enough to have kids now, or any time in the near future. And I don't really put much importance in blood, your kids are your kids whatever a DNA strand may have to say about it. It just seems easier to adopt, you want a boy and girl? Well you don't have to worry about having three or four to get what you want.

Drunken Tiger
06-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Id like to have kids in the future.

Dont know why, I just do. If they're little brats Id kick them.

jk

Lilith
06-05-2006, 11:40 PM
If I had money to adopt a lot, I'd adopt Chinese girls, Russian boys, and maybe some black kids because they never fucking get adopted in the US. I'd have a kid farm.

Drunken Tiger
06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Like Angelina Jolie? Will you call it a rainbow family?

Jigglysaint
06-06-2006, 12:43 AM
I really want kids, but right now the one I am in love with may not be suitable for being a mother due to her--mental ecentricities.

Daarkseid
06-06-2006, 02:01 AM
I don't want kids either, and can't have them anyway.

What I would like though, is to have a genetically altered clone of myself born after I've died.
With the hope that this clone would be more successful in life than I have been, and would thus make a better candidate for carrying on my genetic line.

Dechipher
06-06-2006, 02:13 AM
Daark, you are the single most depressing person I've ever spoken with.

I had DC's idea a while back. It's a good idea, except the operation part scares the hell out of me.

Lilith
06-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Like Angelina Jolie? Will you call it a rainbow family?

I guess, but I hate the Angelina Jolie comparrison...a lot of people do it especially around here, a lot of upper-middle-class or rich families adopt that way, she just publicized it. My family's not rich but has a history of adopting anyway (and marrying diversely anyways), native American, Chinese and black are adopted right now in various parts. It is less of a rainbow family and more of a trying to take over the entire world.

Glitch
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Beldaran, call me crazy but I can almost guarantee this will hurt your dating life more than anything. As you grow up and mature and find someone you feel like marrying it's almost a given at some point she's gonna want kids. How do you think she's gonna feel when you tell her she's gotta go to a lab to get pregnant?

I think you're a fool for doing this at such a young age and hope you bump this in 10 years complaining about how you're half the man you used to be.

moocow
06-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Beldaran, call me crazy but I can almost guarantee this will hurt your dating life more than anything. As you grow up and mature and find someone you feel like marrying it's almost a given at some point she's gonna want kids. How do you think she's gonna feel when you tell her she's gotta go to a lab to get pregnant?

I think you're a fool for doing this at such a young age and hope you bump this in 10 years complaining about how you're half the man you used to be.

Quoted for truth.

Lilith
06-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Well a lot of girls don't want kids these days. If you don't want them, you shouldn't have them just because your partner does because that will ruin your relationship with them and the kids will suffer for it anyway.

Glitch
06-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Well a lot of girls don't want kids these days. If you don't want them, you shouldn't have them just because your partner does because that will ruin your relationship with them and the kids will suffer for it anyway.

Try asking a few women over the age of 25 or 30. I'm not doubting there are some, but I bet a good 90% of the female population does want children.

Rainman
06-06-2006, 01:28 PM
A lot of girls are young and stupid and think that they will be partying and having fun for their whole life. Making such a permanent, important decision when you are young is rather short sighted since you have no idea what your feelings will be on the subject even a year later.

That's why Belderan needs the back-up sperm. He should hope that any potential mate won't be too sentimental about the conception thing.

Beldaran
06-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I refuse to have children and won't date a woman who does want them. My current girlfriend doesn't want children, so that's working out ok.

If I was married for ten years and she changed her mind then I would divorce her.

I am intelligent and mature enough to make this decision. It is a good decision and I will stand by it. I have been planning and considering it for years and now is the right time.

My life has and always will revolve around my work and I will never make time for a family. If I live to regret that, then so be it. Anyone who won't date me because I can't produce children can easily date someone else, as can I.

Also Glitch, the idea that I would be half the man I used to be because I can't produce children shows me that you have a primitive and bankrupt view of what it means to be a man. Being a man is about character. It is about telling the truth, treating people with respect, making smart decisions, and working hard.

I know many male humans with sperm who I would not consider real men. It is this kind of attitude that causes the very dumbest of the world to breed like rabits, further weighting the ratio of world stupidity against any hope of civilized advancement.

EDIT: And Rainman, I am 24 years old and I don't party or sleep around. I'm just dedicated to my pursuits and interests to an extent that disqualifies me from family life, and I'm happy to be so.

cyberkitten
06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
i hate kids and if i'd gotten pregnant i'd have stabbed myself. fortunately, i had a sterilization procedure done back in 2003 and then in january, i just had 'em go ahead and take all the stuff out since i was having problems after the first procedure. i was 26 the first time and 29 the second one. i had an awful time getting my doctors to agree to it...they were afraid i'd regret it later. however, i'm very stubborn and apparently very intimidating when i don't get what i want, so they eventually saw the light :D
i'm glad for the gay lion's sake that he has a little one already, cuz it's not possible with me and i'm very happy about that. besides....do y'all REALLY want lil ck's runnin around loose? i don't think the world's ready for it. hell, i don't think I'D survive it!

Prrkitty
06-06-2006, 02:48 PM
<giggle> I think one ck in our world is enough... much as I already love the hell outa ya *kiss*

I had to have a hysterectomy when I was 29 and I'm glad I chose that route. I knew (at that point) that ALL my female problems would be passed thru my bloodline to ANY child that I had. And any male I had would pass it to any daughters he had... and on and on and on and on. I chose to stop the whole thing... with me getting fixed. Within the last 10-20 years it’s been found that the female issues I had DID affect males as well. So I’m doubly glad I chose the route I did.

Bel shouldn't be ridiculed for his decision. Actually someone deciding to make steps like he is should be commended for his decision. Our world (as a whole) has WAY too many kids in it as it is. And those choosing to help stop the increase of population should be commended instead of ridiculed.

My husband knew from the age of a young teenager that he didn't want to have kids. And he was hoping whoever he met and chose to marry would feel the same way he did. So when he and I met he was ecstatic that I was "already fixed".

I do have to admit though that the person that suggested he freezes some of his sperm.... did have a good suggestion. Bel, you are young and do not know what the future holds for you. Your decision is your decision... but you should have a back-up plan in place just in case some of your decisions made now change in the future.

Some people do know at an early age that they do not want kids. And peer pressure trying to force them to have kids is just so wrong. People shouldn’t have kids just because other people think they should.

Just my pennies worth of thoughts... :)

Cronic
06-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I refuse to have children and won't date a woman who does want them. My current girlfriend doesn't want children, so that's working out ok.

If I was married for ten years and she changed her mind then I would divorce her.

I am intelligent and mature enough to make this decision. It is a good decision and I will stand by it. I have been planning and considering it for years and now is the right time.

My life has and always will revolve around my work and I will never make time for a family. If I live to regret that, then so be it. Anyone who won't date me because I can't produce children can easily date someone else, as can I.

Also Glitch, the idea that I would be half the man I used to be because I can't produce children shows me that you have a primitive and bankrupt view of what it means to be a man. Being a man is about character. It is about telling the truth, treating people with respect, making smart decisions, and working hard.

I know many male humans with sperm who I would not consider real men. It is this kind of attitude that causes the very dumbest of the world to breed like rabits, further weighting the ratio of world stupidity against any hope of civilized advancement.

EDIT: And Rainman, I am 24 years old and I don't party or sleep around. I'm just dedicated to my pursuits and interests to an extent that disqualifies me from family life, and I'm happy to be so.

I couldn't agree more ...the measure of a true man is the man himself, not that which he sprays forth ...still time changes a lot of things so back that shit up ...you wouldn't scrap a hard drive without burning a couple data cds would you? ...i didn't think so :p

Try asking a few women over the age of 25 or 30. I'm not doubting there are some, but I bet a good 90% of the female population does want children.

Throw us some facts to prove or disprove that ...honestly glitch I think you may be suprised just how many woman don't wanna be classified as breeders

Beldaran
06-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Also, I forgot to mention that I have really bad migraine stomach problems that could be passed on. If I flip out and change my mind someday, there's a million kids who need to be adopted.

Rainman
06-06-2006, 04:32 PM
I wasn't really talking about you. There are valid reasons to not want children. I was just pointing out that a lot of young people who lead a meaningless, party life think that will last forever. Permanent decisions should not be taken lightly.

Darth Marsden
06-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Also, I forgot to mention that I have really bad migraine stomach problems that could be passed on. If I flip out and change my mind someday, there's a million kids who need to be adopted.
Dammit, I was just about to mention adoption as a possible choice. Curse you!

But yeah, it's a good alternative if you did change your mind. Surprised nobody else mentioned it, to be honest.

Cronic
06-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Dammit, I was just about to mention adoption as a possible choice. Curse you!

But yeah, it's a good alternative if you did change your mind. Surprised nobody else mentioned it, to be honest.

I guess if I ever feel like really having them I'll adopt. I like the idea of adoption more than having kids.

Page one buddy =P

just think Bel ...you too can have a rainbow family =)

Beldaran
06-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm going to adopt a bunch of black kids with really huge parents and train them for the NFL. Gotta make my millions yo.

Archibaldo
06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I might want one or two little spawns running around some day. But not any time soon. Perhaps when I have a secure job and the right girl. Maybe even a house.

Lilith
06-06-2006, 07:51 PM

That's waaay more than I know of, and I'm talking women and not girls. Also remember many women physically can't have them. I live in urban area though, people often get married and have children way later, adoption is more common, as is not having kids. I've heard it's common in the country getting married in your early 20s, that shit's crazy.

algam86
06-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I said no. Sister has a baby, and I can tell I'm not gonna be able to handle one.

1. I forget way too much way too often...that's gotten me into some really bad situations I'm not gonna talk about here.

2. I'm not good with people. Especially kids...which I also know from experience.

3. I'm not that patient. Enough said.

Of course, I plan to be single, and so far, that's going well. So I probably won't have to worry about it unless something REALLY extraordinary happens.

Chop_Suey
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
I want kids in the future, but it's really not a major concern right now, since I'm not even out of high school yet, ya know? Once I'm out of college and married, I'll have as many kids as I want... one or two, I dunno. I'm not gonna go all out like my mom did (she had 9), but I want kids, 'cause they're cute.

moocow
06-08-2006, 01:51 PM
I said no. Sister has a baby, and I can tell I'm not gonna be able to handle one.

1. I forget way too much way too often...that's gotten me into some really bad situations I'm not gonna talk about here.

2. I'm not good with people. Especially kids...which I also know from experience.

3. I'm not that patient. Enough said.

Of course, I plan to be single, and so far, that's going well. So I probably won't have to worry about it unless something REALLY extraordinary happens.

Don't use those (1-3) for excuses not to have kids. I'm not trying to sound rude, really, but they're bad excuses. I'm impatient and rude and VERY forgetful, and I have a happy, healthy one and a half year old little boy.

EWild
06-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I plan on having kids sometime in the future.

Dechipher
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I plan on having kids sometime in the future.
So do I. I think I'll want two fairly close and then one kinda later. I think that will give them enough diversity growing up to have a positive effect on each other.

I hope.

moocow
06-08-2006, 04:00 PM
So do I. I think I'll want two fairly close and then one kinda later. I think that will give them enough diversity growing up to have a positive effect on each other.

I hope.

They're kids. Don't count on it.

Actually, my sister and I get along alright, and we're 7 years apart. We just have a lot of differences and I think it's mostly because of the age difference... 3 of my older half sibs (between 5 and 10 years older than me) are all into drugs, and I've never met my other 2 older half sibs. They've not really had a positive effect on me, especially the oldest. I can't stand him :mad:

Jemsee
06-10-2006, 05:48 AM
I have 3 kids, dont regret a second of it.
Wouldnt change a thing.
Its just me and my two boys living at home now, its great.
I love my sons. (shrug)

Had to LOL at the last selection of the poll though. That was great.

Beldaran
07-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, I did it. I had the vasectomy. It feels like I've been repeatedly kicked in the balls. I'm just laying around all weekend reading and recouperating.

So, onwards to the future! No kids! =D

Masamune
07-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Hooray! Do you feel like throwing up or anything?

Beldaran
07-01-2006, 04:14 PM
No it's not really that bad. It's just bruised and sore. It's kind of funny really, because they do a small incision on each side of the scrotum, it looks like I was teabagging a vampire. Go me.

Masamune
07-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Pics plz. :O

Verman
07-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Hmz...well if that makes you happy dude...

I wouldn't do that. One day I want a kid, otherwise why am I here :P

biggiy05
07-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Hmz...well if that makes you happy dude...

I wouldn't do that. One day I want a kid, otherwise why am I here :P

To terrify the shit out of the other members and make them think you a very disturbed man?

Did you put some of your little swimmers off to the side just in case Belderan?