PDA

View Full Version : title screen and story pix tiles wanted

iwn12
06-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I can't find title screen tiles orstoryline picures anywhere! Do people not like to take these picures on this part of the game? thanks in advance

Skipper
06-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Well...

You CAN rip the tiles from various ROM's, like ToP or CT, but, of course, I'm not telling you where to download the ROMs. :P

Basically, for ripping, I just use something like ZSNES, then get disable all of the unnessesary layers, like the sprite layers, ect, untill I get the background I need.

If you still need a background for a title screen, then I may be able to rip a good background from a ROM. So... Just ask. ;)

(Dang, it's been a while since I've posted here...)

Cronic
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Normally if someone is telling a story through tiles it's a very personal thing as in the tiles are not only to go along with the story being told, but usually they just wouldn't transfer to another quest very well either way... Your best option is to get a hang for the prog and learn a thing or two about graffix ripping

iwn12
06-04-2006, 06:50 PM
alright I forgot all about that I can do that as I haven't used zsnes in about 2 years. so I'm getting the story layed out now is there a way to go through the story in 5 screens without showing link and the player presses right to walk on portal to next screen? ( I Know how to do the last part but is it possible to make link invisible)

Skipper
06-07-2006, 11:46 PM
alright I forgot all about that I can do that as I haven't used zsnes in about 2 years. so I'm getting the story layed out now is there a way to go through the story in 5 screens without showing link and the player presses right to walk on portal to next screen? ( I Know how to do the last part but is it possible to make link invisible)
Go to Data-Screen Data, and check the box "Invisible Link" and "No Subscreen".

As for the warping, use side warps. Or, to make it seem better, use timed warps, although they CAN be confusing at first.
Also, just a reminder: If you plan on ripping graphics from other games, always make sure the filetype is a .bmp or a .gif.

gryxzl
07-11-2006, 06:30 PM
When ripping tiles keep in mind the palette used by the system as well. NES and Super NES used a 128-color NTSC (104 color PAL for European games) and Genesis used a 16-bit scheme. ZC is set up for 18-bit, but you MUST change the palettes (CSet=1 row of 16 colors, Palette=16 CSets, DON'T FORGET!!!) to insure color matching. ZQuest doesen't (imho) handle conversion very well, but I do have the NES/Super palettes for the taking ([email protected]). You will have to combo the tiles as well, so if you make enemies on the title make sure they can't harm Link (made that mistake... lol). Anything 3rd gen and higher should rip fine (Dreamcast/N64/PS/Game Cube/XBox...) as they all use at least 16-bit high color. - gryx