PDA

View Full Version : Releasing Source Code?

D_Pyro
06-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Is there any chance of releasing the source for Zelda Classic?

DarkFlameWolf
06-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Probably not for a long time. Either that or you'd have to be a ZC Developer to get the source code available. But I wouldn't put too much hope in getting your hands on it any time soon.

D_Pyro
06-04-2006, 10:37 AM
I was thinking, maybe you could port it....

Gerudo
06-04-2006, 11:19 AM
well, you'd have to gain the trust of the developers, as well as War Lord, if you wanted to do something like that.

there are very few people in the 'inner circle' of ZC, and no offense, but they wont give the source code to just any person who registers.

D_Pyro
06-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Hmm, well it seems like this whole project has gone dead. Last release was over a year ago, and many of the links are dead....Last time I was here (2004) everything was working fine. I just thought it would be nice if someone could port it over to PSP - if thats even possible...

erm2003
06-04-2006, 12:36 PM
You should be around more often. The last full release was 2.10 over a year ago yes, but the current beta phase is actually 2.11 beta 11. Currently available is beta 10b however the beta forums are currently not visible. If they are made available again you can download the newest beta and see how much has changed.

ZC is far from dead and the beta 11 is on hold because the developers have told us something special is in the works for this beta. Just keep on checking for the updates.

D_Pyro
06-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Cool...I'll try to find that, and hopefully someone conciders my idea. :)

Cronic
06-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Cool...I'll try to find that, and hopefully someone conciders my idea. :)

Your idea has been considered and denied five or so years ago ...The project is far from dead also.

And yea I would agree on the PSP port though if you look into the concept you'll find it's just too much to do for that if eben possible.

Nicholas Steel
06-04-2006, 08:45 PM
D_Pyro you should check fourums of projects before considering them dead.

MottZilla
06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
The PSP port is possible however first ZC would need to be ported to SDL from allegro. That would be a pretty big task. But if it were, it would open up the possibility for many ports to severel different systems including PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Dreamcast and perhaps more. However now it would seem to me like the focus should be on getting ZC to the correct point to consider doing such a thing.