PDA

View Full Version : AGN needs a Webcomic!

ctrl-alt-delete
06-04-2006, 09:43 AM
While thinking of different ways to better AGN and increase traffic, I have decided that we should try and produce a comic, and all of you should help!

First of all, we will need to decide a general direction for the comic to be heading. For example, I thought that since the name of the site is Armageddon Games, we could use characters that play off of the name, such as planets, missiles, or the personification of catastrophical events. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon) We will also need to decide our general audience we are aiming for, so that the material will be better suited for our needs. Please post whatever ideas you may have in this thread.

Second, I will begin to recruit positions to construct the comic itself. We will need graphics designers, text editors, and possibly sound editors, should we decide to place sound files alongside the comic. (Has that ever been done before?) Instead of text, we could have different members actually be the voice of the characters! If you would like to apply for any position pm me with a resume, details of any prior experience, and examples of your work, if possible. Obviously, not everyone will be accepted. If this is the case with you, please try and still be involved. You do not have to be named to the team for your works to still be cited, and your ideas be implemented.

Finally, we will begin releasing the comic. We will need to decide how often we would like to publish the comic itself, and we will need to decide if we want it to be based out of the forums or on the main page. I would like to release a new comic at least once a week, and I would like the first comic to be out no later than Friday the 23rd, which gives us just under three weeks.

I will be the overall editor of the project. All decisions will be made by me, under the authority of Warlord. Positions will be handed out at my discretion, under the authority of Warlord. At any time, anybody can be removed from their position due to anything that myself or the rest of the staff deems unnecessary.

Every single person will be cited for their work. Once you have submitted material for the comic, it will be the intellectual property of Armageddon Games, and it will not be allowed to be reused without permission from myself or Warlord.

All of that being said...let's have some fun with this, guys!

WindStrike
06-04-2006, 11:04 AM
A few questions, suggestions, and other thinggestions (<-- don't ask):
- What will the type of drawings be like? Will it be hand-drawn, sprite comic, what?
- Mayhaps we shall include VG characters... So far, I've only seen one good webcomic that has VG characters from multiple games and that's Zelda Comic, but that one only has a few.
- (Scratch this little part)

By the way, I won't be submitting material for yon comic (that's assuming the webcomic gets through), but I will be suggesting a few things.

Gerudo
06-04-2006, 11:16 AM
i think it's a neat idea, as i've always wanted to do a webcomic (eh, sprite comic), but always ran out of juice because i was the only one doing it (the whole deal, story, graphics, implementation, etc).

i think you're going about this the right way, but i think due to lack of enthusiasm here, probably wont get very far off the ground. just my opinon, so we'll just have to wait and see.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-04-2006, 02:37 PM
A few questions, suggestions, and other thinggestions (<-- don't ask):
- What will the type of drawings be like? Will it be hand-drawn, sprite comic, what?
- Mayhaps we shall include VG characters... So far, I've only seen one good webcomic that has VG characters from multiple games and that's Zelda Comic, but that one only has a few.
- (Scratch this little part)

By the way, I won't be submitting material for yon comic (that's assuming the webcomic gets through), but I will be suggesting a few things.

Well honestly, I do not know. That is what this thread is for--generating ideas. Gerudo, if it centered around sprites, would you want to be apart of the team?

Masamune
06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd be all over that shit if it were centered around sprites. :O

WindStrike
06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Well, if we did do sprites, it'd be a heck of lot easier to pull in VG characters(that's assuming everyone (or at least most people) wants them).

Masamune
06-04-2006, 03:34 PM
What about using members as characters?

WindStrike
06-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Uhh... I don't think having members as characters will work well. Unless you mean that the character has a certain member's personality or something like that... (which, I think, is a good idea) ... ... I wouldn't work.

biggiy05
06-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Uhh... I don't think having members as characters will work well. Unless you mean that the character has a certain member's personality or something like that... (which, I think, is a good idea) ... ... I wouldn't work.

Doing a memeber's personality could be bad. It might offend them if you portray them as one way and they feel like they act a different way.

Dechipher
06-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Personally, as long as it's all ingood fun, I wouldn't care.

Gerudo
06-04-2006, 07:35 PM
what i think, is to get the members' permission to use them in the comic. as long as they say yes, then its fair game.

cad, i have alot of vg character sprites, and if you did go toward a sprite comic, i'd like to be a part of that.

i dont know any crazy photoshop skills (i used paint for all my stuff), just fyi.

The Destroyed
06-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Personally, as long as it's all ingood fun, I wouldn't care.

Same thing for me.

What will we use to put it all together?

Archibaldo
06-04-2006, 07:41 PM
I motion that the comic be all about me. Or at leats have me make a few cameos in it.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-04-2006, 10:41 PM
If members of the forums are going to be in the comic, they should be directly involved in the writing process. That way, they can not only provide valuable input, but they can keep themselves from being portrayed in an unflattering way.

Audio files would only be a good idea if it were a flash comic, and I'm not aware that we have anyone with significant talent enough to produce one of those on a regular basis.

And lastly, to voice my personal opinion, sprite comics are not my cup of tea. I'm using nice words here.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-05-2006, 01:45 AM
I am glad to see that you guys are interested.

My personal idea was to perhaps revolve around the nine planets(Yes, I know there are indeed more...), and give different personalities to all of them.

Keep generating ideas, and then we can decide what is best suited for our aim.

War Lord
06-05-2006, 02:29 AM
If you guys get this all worked out.
Private Message me
I'll pay for and register a domain name and host it.

Drunken Tiger
06-05-2006, 10:14 AM
This all sounds very familiar, did we try to get something like this off the ground a few years back?

I dont really have any 1337 skills, so I will be teh audience! :thumbsup:

moocow
06-05-2006, 10:23 AM

Personally, I think it wouldn't be an AGN webcomic without having some of the members as characters...

And lol, I did this based on something that happened in chat like... I dunno, senior year of high school? (4 years ago)

Suck, ahahaha (http://madtecra.homestead.com/files/suck.jpg)

Yeah, I'm retarded.

goKi
06-05-2006, 10:31 AM
I think it would be a good idea to have it hand drawn, or digitally drawn. I personally hate the idea of sprite comics, all the ones i have seen i have found aren't terribly interesting.

It would be best if were to make everything intentionally drawn badly, unless we've got a good artist amongst us?

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
What happened to Atma Weapon, Goki? Sure, all the characters in the comic would end up being moblins, but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head with significant left brained thinking skills.

biggiy05
06-05-2006, 11:23 AM
I think it would be a good idea to have it hand drawn, or digitally drawn. I personally hate the idea of sprite comics, all the ones i have seen i have found aren't terribly interesting.

It would be best if were to make everything intentionally drawn badly, unless we've got a good artist amongst us?

What about Glitch? I know he is good at drawing. I would imagine he is good at the digital stuff too.

Gerudo
06-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Suck, ahahaha (http://madtecra.homestead.com/files/suck.jpg)
rofl, that was great moo.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-05-2006, 02:55 PM
What about Glitch? I know he is good at drawing. I would imagine he is good at the digital stuff too.

I know enough about Flash to animate some average stuff, but I can't draw worth crap. Oh, and I also don't own or have access to a copy of Flash. D'oh.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Decisions, decisions...so MANY different directions we can take this.

Personally, I just want to play to our strengths...and right now, it looks like a sprite comic is everyone's strongest area.

Try and contact people you know that could help. Make them post here, so we can continue to brainstorm.

Master Ghaleon
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
lol I think this comic thing will be cool.

moocow
06-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Just because I think I'm funny.

http://www.gerudo.net/moocow/ctrlaltdlt.jpg

LOOK! CRTL-ALT-DELETE IS BRAINSTORMING! ahahahah *kills herself*

ctrl-alt-delete
06-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Alright, I have come to a decision.

AGN members will be allowed in the comic, based on their previous actions, agendas, and personalities. Once we have acquired their permission to use them in the comic, we will be allowed to portray them in any way that we see fit. However, nothing will be too harsh and it will all be in good fun.

Mookie gave a good example...now let me go and get one.

Breaker
06-07-2006, 10:53 AM
This has potential.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-07-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.gerudo.net/moocow/circuit-breaker-intro.jpg

<3

http://www.gerudo.net/img/image.jpeg

I love those magnificent tits...
Notice the arrows? Mookie in a nutshell...

Dechipher
06-07-2006, 11:33 AM
I think we should let Moocow do them all.

:P j/k.

I think sprite comic works well.
Why not draw into the pool of ZC graphic guys, have them help?

moocow
06-07-2006, 11:50 AM
http://www.gerudo.net/moocow/filth.jpg

I saw a movie recently where a nun was spraying this 14 year old girl int he crotch with scalding water because the girl found out she was pregnant. The nun kept sayng "I'm cleansing the filth, child! CLEANSING THE FILTH!"

That's why this is funny to me.

biggiy05
06-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Sprites just don't do it for me. They look bad but that's just me.

Can we putt Glenn in this? That would be funny.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Not until we have his personal permission.

I have many more ideas, but I will have to post them later.

I would like to finish deciding everything by the end of this week, and begin picking the team beginning next week. Please pm me if you would like to apply for any position.

Glitch
06-07-2006, 03:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/brian_peppers1.jpg
Hi guys, I'm Nightmare. Where are dem boyz at?

on a serious note, let me know what I can do to help.

Archibaldo
06-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I think the comic should play off some of the trends going on now. You can base the trend on YTMND. Right now it would be Cosby. We could also incorporate other trends/issues going on in the media and the world around us. Other examples, emo kids, gay marriage ban, etc. You can usually spot these issues by watching The Colbert(sp?) Report and The Daily show with John Stewart.

It's kind of like how PA uses news in the video gaming world to make their comics.

gdorf
06-07-2006, 11:46 PM
I think this is a great idea, but I think sprite-comics are tacky. Original drawings are a key element to making a comic fresh, even if they suck. :shrug:

ctrl-alt-delete
06-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I agree with both of you. I think it should definitely poke fun at major political issues, and I would prefer that it were hand-drawn. Glitch, you an artist?

Edit:

http://www.gerudo.net/moocow/crch1.jpg

goki: "I like to get me aums around 'im rill tight, mates."
Crocodile: "Tike me from behind, daddy."

moocow
06-08-2006, 11:28 AM
http://www.gerudo.net/moocow/glitch.jpg

I win.

biggiy05
06-08-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.gerudo.net/moocow/glitch.jpg

I win.

ROFLMFAO! What's bad is I could see him looking like that on a daily basis. He loves his dresses.

mrz84
06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
I know that my webcomic (Bar-Buddies) has not updated since 2003, but DO and I plan to redo our site and start putting out new comcis within a few months (God willing). and I find it hard to believe people have forgotten to mention it (AGNers make cameos in almost every issue after the first few comics were put on the site.) :shrug: I guess not updating to to PC problems didn't help any... just so you know, there will be more hilarity from my comic coming to a web brower near you. :kawaii:

Glenn the Great
11-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Several years ago, someone made some strips of AGN members by using their avatars with text beside them. If I recall correctly, they were very amusing.

King Aquamentus
11-09-2006, 01:40 PM
I did something like this by editing sonic comics. One image parodied Glenn the great's YTMND.

Skulkraken
11-28-2006, 06:25 AM
How about a webcomic about internet forums in general?

That way the comic wouldn't be limited to just the people who frequent this forum. It would be able to mock/entertain people from all across the web.

It could be populated by the standard internet stereotypes (the troll, the spammer, etc....), with AGN members tossed in to fill out the roster and make cameos.

And I give permission to whoever does the webcomic to use me as a character.

mrz84
12-18-2006, 03:05 PM
What the hell, I'll bite...Anyone can use my likeness for any AGN related webcomic, regardless if the format is drawn or sprited. In the event it is sprited, email or pm me. I have sprites of myself (to use for self-insertion for my own sprite comic) you could use for myself. :kawaii:

Chibidia
01-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I like to do webcomics from time to time. Usually I find the random approach the best. Basically you could just do quick jokes per page. If it's a story, on going gets tiresome, and the fact that starting a joke on one page, and finishing it on the next will lose some of the humor flow.

Meh, my artistry is very cartoony and I just do it whenever I feel like it. I never push myself to come up with something and draw. You could have different artists to mix things up occasionally I suppose. But yeah... uhh, I guess if anyone wants to see my style of art... uhh, PM me or something?

Dupl!cate
03-06-2007, 02:18 AM
I am a writer, I have written comedy before. You can PM me if you want some of my writing, or visit my MYspace and check out my blog section. www.myspace.com/deckhandswab

I have a friend who is an exellent artist, he currently has I think 3 stories mapped out for comics, but they are serious superhero stuff. He draws everything , even chibi and he can do sprites. He is in college for computer graphics and design, he wants to be a game designer. I think I could get him to help some :p

I would like to help, even though I am new. I have tried to do web-comics before but failed due to lack of staff.

I also do serious or cartoon voice acting.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Over a year later...it has begun.

I plan on reviving this little project...I have already contacted a couple of people concerning it.

Sorry, I was a little busy with...a lot. http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101906

Here is what I need from you, the members.

If you have any experience with webcomics, drawing, graphics, animation, sprites, etc., and you would like to be a part of this team, please post here.

If you think that you would be able to provide funny material...concerning ANYthing really, and you would like to be a part of this team, please post here.

Not all applicants will be accepted...so please post your information ASAP.

Thank you.

The_Amaster
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, I have basic skills with Photoshop and Illustrator and the like, but nothing exemplary...

But I am good at writing, especially comedy. More than just funny ideas, I have a good intuition about timing and pacing and how to set up a joke.

Glenn the Great
04-01-2008, 09:08 AM
CAD, if I am going to let you get this project off of the ground, then you must understand that I will be the sole owner of the property. All comics produced MUST have a final frame of a crowd of people saying, "All Hail Glenn." If you cannot comply with this rule, then there will be no comic. If you produce a comic and disobey this rule, you will be banned. Allow me to refer you to the new TOS.
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101910

Odin
04-01-2008, 05:38 PM
That new "TOS" will not be necessary. Glenn will be defeated, and order will be restored, no matter how long it takes.

TO ARMS!