PDA

View Full Version : CSet 9

Espo
06-03-2006, 03:13 PM
The ZQ help file says CSet 9 is a level specific CSet. I understand the implications of this but I'm not really sure about how to use this functionality. The main issue is that some of the enemies are showing up completely back when I test my quest. The only CSet for the pallette that that dmap uses that is all black is Cset 9. Now I know I could go to the pallette editor and add colors to CSet 9 but I want to know if there is a good way to implement this given level specific "stuff". Any advice would be really appreciated.

Dark Nation
06-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Only a few enemies use CSet 9. Zoras, Keese (Level-Color), and Vires are a few, I believe. So, changes to CSet 9 would only affect them. If you go to the Level Palette Editor, you will see that each level palette has a CSet 9. Whenever you enter a dmap that uses a particular level palette, that palette is loaded (including CSet 9). So, if CSet 9 in a certain level palette is all black, when you enter a level, the enemies mentioned above will be all black (good for shadow enemies). So, make sure you are editing the level palette, not the main palette.

Espo
06-05-2006, 07:11 PM
That's clarified a lot that I was considering. The moblin's are showing up all black when using that pallette. Are they included in the level specific enemies? (actually I think it's only moblin(2)). Is there any lists about what csets are used for what or what enemies/sprites use which csets? Thanks.

Dark Nation
06-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Yes. Black Moblins use CSet 9, I believe. As for a list of enemies and their corresponding CSets, there use to be one on the Zelda Classic website, but I think it's gone now.

Cloral
06-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Off hand, these are the enemies that use cset 9 that I can remember:
Keese (level color)
Vire
Darknut (Super)
Darknut (Death Knight)
Octorock on Crack
Moblin (Black)
Stalfos 3
Bat
Vire Tribble
Keese Tribble
Zol
Gel
Zol Tribble
Gel Tribble
Wizzrobe (Mirror)
Wizzrobe (Bat)
Zora

In addition, the Rope 2 and Bubble use cset 9 as one of their flashing colors. If you turn off their flashing via the appropriate quest rules, they only use cset 9.

So as you can see, a whole lot of enemies use cset 9 - especially a lot of the newer ones. So if you want to use any of them you should make sure to have cset 9 in order. Apart from these enemies, nothing uses cset 9 by default. So you could come up with one cset that looks good for these enemies and then copy it to all your palletes if you don't want to deal with it anymore.

Shazza Dani
06-07-2006, 05:15 PM
If you choose not to make Rope2 flash, it will use cset 9. The Mirror Wizrobe also uses cset 9.

Espo
06-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Awesome. Thanks a lot for the help. Also, I think Zora uses cset9. That's just due to him being all black before I filled in cset9 for that pallette. Is there a quick way to copy and paste csets between pallettes?

Cloral
06-07-2006, 07:13 PM
See, I knew I missed some enemy in there.
The Zora does indeed use cset 9.

To copy a cset, select the cset you want and hit c. Now select your destination and hit v. This works even between different palletes, and you can even copy multiple csets at once if you select more than one when you copy.