PDA

View Full Version : Magic: The Gathering

Masamune
06-03-2006, 11:30 AM
I used to play this when I was about 7 or so with my brother when he was about my age. I didn't know any real strategies, but I knew how to play. I've just started to get back into lately though. A friend of mine (the one I got mugged if you remember) has a deck right now made completely from artifacts and artifact creatures. Everything feeds off eachother until he can pretty much cast any spell for no or very little mana cost. Pretty cool shit.

Anyone else play or used to play?

Master Ghaleon
06-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I used to be hardcore into it about 10 years ago. Little bit before third edition came out, up to when they released the silly cards but I cannot remember the name of that expansion. I played with a black deck mostly.

DarkDragon
06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I play. I only actually own older cards, up through when they changed to border art of the cards, but I still regularly play with friends from work with their cards, or in drafts.

The deck you're describing is Ravager-affinity, right? You'll probably need to pull something from Type I to have a prayer of beating it; most of its cards have even been restricted from Extended.

Archibaldo
06-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I used to play. I have a deck that can make your opponent(s) lose infinite health with 4 cards. They're all from the Mirrodin block. I stopped playing after I got a girlfriend which was around the time of Kamigawa. Some times I long to play though.

Masamune
06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I play. I only actually own older cards, up through when they changed to border art of the cards, but I still regularly play with friends from work with their cards, or in drafts.

The deck you're describing is Ravager-affinity, right? You'll probably need to pull something from Type I to have a prayer of beating it; most of its cards have even been restricted from Extended.

I don't think so. It's a deck he put together himself. He might've used that deck as a base though.

Lone Wolf
06-05-2006, 03:29 AM
I have a small collection of them.

firebug
06-05-2006, 05:46 AM
I used to play this when I was about 7 or so with my brother when he was about my age. I didn't know any real strategies, but I knew how to play. I've just started to get back into lately though. A friend of mine (the one I got mugged if you remember) has a deck right now made completely from artifacts and artifact creatures. Everything feeds off eachother until he can pretty much cast any spell for no or very little mana cost. Pretty cool shit.

Anyone else play or used to play?

What you need is a bunch of shatter cards to kick this decks ass. I think there's a minimum of 4 cards of any specific type in a deck according to the 'rules', but there's all sorts of anti-artifact cards.

I played a LOT in middle school and got back into it with my girlfriend a year or so back, but haven't been playing lately. Alot of the new decks are premade and they have different difficulty levels and wierd expansions. It's kind of confusing. Most of the cards I have are from 'Revised' edition, which was the third edition out I think. I'm not sure what edition they are on now, or if they even chronicle them like that anymore. :shrug:

Glitch
06-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Used to be really into it during my middle school years till it was banned from the school. Still have a metric asston of cards though.

Verman
06-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Used to have a ton of cards awhile ago... Blue was my favourite I had a combo to make make someone pick up an infinite amount of cards hah. :D