PDA

View Full Version : Who the fuck works at Wegmans

Toolie
06-03-2006, 02:31 AM
I need advice on my interview Monday.

I'm too stupid to know how to interview for things other than super technical physics jobs correctly.

Cronic
06-03-2006, 02:33 AM
actually ...what the fuck is a "wegmans"?

Toolie
06-03-2006, 03:43 AM
The best grocery store in America, you bitch.

firebug
06-03-2006, 04:45 AM
1. You have excellent people skills. Even if you are a social dweeb, lie through your teeth.
2. You work well under stressful situations and could care less if customers yell at you.
3. You learn quite fast and have excellent computer skills. That register will be a piece of cake.
4. You are a salesman. If they have a sale or a special, you will be pushing it.
5. You have an upbeat personality. People want to be around you. You are naturally just a happy person.
6. Make eye contact, and smile. A lot.
7. If they ask you any stupid questions that you have no real answers for, MAKE ONE UP. Never say you don't know.

Gerudo
06-03-2006, 06:29 PM
jeez, its like you're going from supersmart lab to the retarded wing of the asylum.

i had an interview for a grocery store once. they asked: what can you bring to our store, what are your strengths/weaknesses, and tell a situation that you came across that was difficult and how did you deal with it.

just basic crap.

doesnt Lilith work at a Wegmans?

Master Ghaleon
06-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Usually answers with "I'm here for the customer" works wonders. They usually wanna see if your gonna be good with them before hiring ya.

Samson007
06-03-2006, 08:41 PM
They ALWAYS ask you for your strengths and weaknesses in interviews. Make sure you have thought of answers for those questions beforehand. If you sit there going......uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................gee eeee...............................ummmmmmm. You wont get hired.

Its all about making the customer happy, I work in retail.....trust me.

biggiy05
06-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Your grocery stores suck. I filled out the application to Kroger, they called me up and asked me to come in for a drug test. I told her how old I was and then she called me back when the test came back to pick up my paperwork.

Easy.

The Destroyed
06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I have never, ever heard of a Wegmans. But this gives me an idea...Maybe I should work at a grocery store, instead of Dunkin Donuts...Nah. I like my job, low wage (damn you 6.75), close to 30 hours, free coffee also!

Cronic
06-05-2006, 12:50 PM
The best grocery store in America, you bitch.

dude ...watch the feelers broooseph ...I'm like delicate or some shit ;P

d'you get the job or what?

Toolie
06-05-2006, 01:08 PM
I think the interview went really well, I should know in the next few days what shifts are open.

And they're like, officially the best grocery store to work for in the country. They were the #1 company to work for last year and #2 this year, I guess.

Lilith
06-05-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't work at Wegman's, I work at Walgreens which is a pharmacy and convience store. Right now I work in cosmetics as a "Beauty Advisor" (lol yeah right). Probably kind of the same thing though.

Prepare for douche-bags and insane people daily, since you're working in one of those "everyone has to eat/get meds/buy soap" kind of places. Also, Retail Back. But if you keep busy and your staff isn't terrible it's okay. Also you will get funny stories.

What will you be doing, bagging, cashier etc?